Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

Default Nintendogs: Disc Championship Question

Great game. I was'nt planning on getting it but when I found out one of the versions would have the Boxer (my favorite dog breed) I decided to try it, and it really is fun. It also makes the best use of the stylus I've yet seen in a DS game, and it's easy to use.

I've been doing a lot of pratice with Rocky, my male boxer, to get him good with the flying disc. Now I'm at the championship level and wondering how in the world I'm susposed to beat it.

With the past rounds, I've always gotten away by 'throwing' the disc the same way......starting around the bottom middle of the screen with the stylus, then doing a quick 'flick' (moving it up the screen rapidly) to around the top middle. This sends the disc flying in a long, high arc, and Rocky jumps for it to get 6 points. Its easy, simple, and effective, and Rocky returns the disc rapidly. In this way I've gotten around 32-38 points in the past rounds and always taken first place.

Now with the championship.....my GOD, I need to get around 42-50 points for the win?

I've tried throwing the discs different ways, without really any kind of success. There HAS been a throw that has produced more points, but I'm not quite sure how I'm doing it. I think I'm moving the disc down to the very bottom of the screen and 'flicking' it up to the middle, but I have'nt been able to duplicate it twice in a row. :/

This throw, if I can do it, sends the disc on a low lying path but not SO low that Rocky jumps for it right away. It's just over his head. And it goes a LONG way. Rocky has to make a diving catch for it at the last second, but it gets me 8 or 9 points!

I just can't figure out how to DO THIS on a regular basis!

Doing this throw six times (if there is time? I'm not sure 60 seconds is enough, since Rocky take a while to run back to me!) would get me enough points, if I could only figure out how the heck to do it more then once randomly.

I know some people out there have allready done this round. Can anyone help?
    "Four o'clock and all is well.....wish I was in bed, Sir."
    -- Guard in the Imperial City, Oblivion

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Ya just need to hit the 4 or 5 long bomb throws. If my little pug can haul her ass down there and score 10's then your big ol boxer should be able to as well. Dont be afraid to toss it hard.

Same principal as your 6 point scores, just toss it a bit farther. Remember to toss em straight like you are, otherwise they are harder to get, and dont go as far.

::Edit to add::

ALSO ALSO ALSO, dont forget to tap the screen and call the dogs name, that gets him back to you faster.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Banana (Level 7) SamuraiSmurfette's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

try a different type of disc as well.
    They do have different characteristics.
    Aerodiscs work well.

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

I think I mastered the throw needed -- starting at the very bottom of the screen and going ALL the way up produces the throw that gets 8-10 points.

Only Rocky misses a few, so I need more time in the park, it seems.

Also -- what the heck is a Aerodisc and how do I get one? Never seen it. I've been using the standard red disc.
    "Four o'clock and all is well.....wish I was in bed, Sir."
    -- Guard in the Imperial City, Oblivion