Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    boatofcar

Default Rumble Roses Producer Interview

Kinda NSFW:

Collect uniforms. Make girls wear them. Say hello to the yet unconfirmed and unannounced “Uniform Mode.”

I met up with Rumble Roses producer Akari Uchida during the TGS and sat down for a conversation about wrestling and rendering boobs. Uchida-san was one of the most colorful characters I came across at the show. He’s just the kind of guy you’d expect to produce RR.

Read through the lines with regards to what the Roses producer says. “Uniform Mode” does not seem to be a complete shot in the dark.

KOTAKU: “What did you think about Hot Coffee?”

UCHIDA: “Personally, I’m fine with it. But, we don’t want to include any erotic stuff as a hidden feature. We want to be very open about it, instead of hiding it. I’d love it if Rumble Roses was mentioned in Hillary Clinton’s hearings when they’re talking about the bad effects of video games.”

K: “Great PR.”

U: [laughs]

K: “What was Rockstar thinking?”

U: “Rockstar always does this thing called the ‘second peak.’ Games sell great on day one, but then they start dying. That’s always when Rockstar makes some announcement so that people who haven’t bought the game yet will buy it. It’s a cool strategy, but when they do it all the time, it gets a little old.”

K: “Why isn’t the game a PS3 title?”

U: “It’s not that we wouldn’t release a Rumble Roses game for PlayStation 3. It just turns out that the 360 comes out first.”

K: “Why did you decide to do a sequel?”

U: “There were so many things we couldn’t do on the original game. When I was given the 360, I was like, ‘Hey, now I can do everything I wanted to do on the original game.’”

K: “What were some of those things?”

U: “Tag team action. With four players. For the first game on PlayStation 2, we had to make a choice between beautiful 3D models or tag-team action. We dropped the tag-team.

For this game, we’ve done a lot of motion capture and rendered individual motions for every character. No two characters will be moving the same way.”

K: “Boobs or butts — which is harder to render?”

U: “Boobs. Boobs are more difficult. Absolutely. Big time. Last time, we didn’t do enough butt shaking. So this time, we’ll be doing more butt wiggling. It’ll be easy to see.”

K: “Is there anything like mud wrestling mode this time around?”

U: “We’re going to give mud wrestling some time off. There’s going to be something new called the Queens’ Match. It’s totally different and much more fun than mud wrestling.”

K: “What is the Queens’ Match?”

U: “I can’t really say right now. There’s alot of collecting in this mode. It’s so interesting that you’ll stay up all night playing it. You won’t be able to stop.”

K: “They’re all naked.”

U: “You Westerners, listen. Eroticism is not only about nudity. That is part of it. You know, there’s this character Anesthesia. She’s like this Latina nurse character. Imagine that she’s forced to wear a schoolgirl uniform and has to do the limbo dance. And she’s so embarrassed that she’s blushing. That is Japanese eroticism.” [laughs]

K: “If you could go on a date with one of the Rumble girls, who would it be?”

U: “Lady X. I sure she’d take care of me if a bunch of yakuza surround me. She’s got her rocket punch.”

----

The sound you hear is thousands of 14-year old boys cheering like crazy.

Professional Geek Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I loved Rumble Roses. My only wish was for a good Create A Character Mode.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    boatofcar

I forgot to add, this came from Kotaku, but unfortunately came with no accompanying photo