Thread: Pac'n Roll level 5-3... ARGH!!@!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Pac'n Roll level 5-3... ARGH!!@!

to anyone who has picked up Pac-n Roll for the DS.... is level 5-3 actually possible to complete? i've probably attempted the level about 70 or 80 times now, to no avail. not even close....

the part where you jump from falling platform to falling platform... it is just impossible to control pacman well enough to get him to wear he's supposed to go... i've managed to hop i think 5 platforms... but it's pure luck, i can't figure out how to manuever the little bastard well enough to complete this.

prior to this level though, i've really enjoyed the game, now i'm not sure i can play it anymore. anyone have any pointers for beating this level?
    My Website | #VBender | Last.fm
    Part of the #vbender crew
    [21:39] <Ze_ro> Perkar: Put "Official #vbender Slut" in your sig.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

no pointers... just agreement. i loved the game until i hit this level. still can't figure it out. i've gotten slightly farther than you, but that's totally based on luck.

also... can you get first on ANY of the timed challenges? i've gotten second on a few, but even those were damn close.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DocRamon
    no pointers... just agreement. i loved the game until i hit this level. still can't figure it out. i've gotten slightly farther than you, but that's totally based on luck.

also... can you get first on ANY of the timed challenges? i've gotten second on a few, but even those were damn close.
    i actually haven't tried any of the time challenges, maybe i'll have to just to get some more playtime out of the game without going absolutely insane.

although i did note one thing on those platforms... i seem to be able to do slightly better when i position the camera angle behind pac-man, giving you a straight shot ahead onto the platforms... can see how far apart they are a little better.... still no luck on completing it though.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Quote Originally Posted by Perkar
    i actually haven't tried any of the time challenges, maybe i'll have to just to get some more playtime out of the game without going absolutely insane.
    The time challenges are insane. I can't get better than a bronze ON THE FIRST ONE. Dashing is a little too hard for me to do... but still, jesus.

I'm not liking this game too much. I loved, loved Pac Pix, but this... meh. And Pac-Man sounds like an idiot in this game.

Only on 2-1. I think I'll stop at 5-2, because I don't want to smash my DS against a wall.

dave

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ok, 5-3 is now completed.... after a new way of approaching the part i was stuck at was found by hezeuschrist. instead of skipping from platform to platform in a zigzag, skip every other platform and just head straight across on one side. it works well, you just need to make sure you have enough speed going.

5-4 was cake... now 5-5 is giving me problems, but i've only given it one attempt so far.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'm glad to hear the game's challenging. The only real reason I'm planning to get it is to play the original Pac-Man with dual screens. But the game itself seems really good. Even Pac-Pix looks like it's worth a try or two, if just for the novelty.
    Ghibli Blog - Studio Ghibli, animation, and the movies
    Daniel Thomas Vol 4 - Video games, music, and my musings

Video Game Fanzines Forever!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Thomas
    I'm glad to hear the game's challenging. The only real reason I'm planning to get it is to play the original Pac-Man with dual screens. But the game itself seems really good. Even Pac-Pix looks like it's worth a try or two, if just for the novelty.
    quite frankly, the game is easy until you hit world 5. but it's still a blast to play. definitely worth a shot if you were thinking about picking it up. i can't really comment on pac-pix though, it didn't look so great to me, so i passed on it... i'll wait til i can get a copy on the cheap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If Perkar likes it, then I know I can pick it up (Mario vs. DK! )

I noticed that my Gamestop had a used copy of Pac'N'Roll for $19.99 already, so I may use my coupon from Game Informer and go for the Buy 2 used get 1 free thing and snag that and a few other games.

Pac-Pix is pretty fun, but overall I found it way too easy up until the last two or three worlds. High scores were pretty tough though, but to actually complete the game - I breezed through it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I really didn't have any problem with the regular levels in this game. Now the time trials and challenges are a different story. As portnoyd said, the time trails are impossible...I have a little better luck with the challenges, but some of them are really hard.