Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clone or Real Thing (NES)

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by roushimsx
    Alternate solution: Get a second revision Famicom (the one with the detachable controllers and the SFami-like shell). It uses the same A/V plug as your SNES/N64/Gamecube, so all you really need to worry about then is grabbing a converter to play your NES games on it and then grab some NES controllers (or some controller extensions... fami controller cords are half the length of NES controller cords ).

You just can't beat it.
    Yeah, the AV Famicom is what it is called. I have one new mint in box. Since my toaster still works perfectly, I am keeping my AV Famicom virgin. BTW, there is also the Famicom Titler, which supports S-video out. It has the best video quality out of all Famicom/NES systems, and it has perfect game compatibility because it is an official Famicom.

BTW, if you want to know about Famicom/NES semi-compatible systems, here is a non-comprehensive lists of many of them:
    http://hawanja.com/famiclones.htm

Read about each one, then realize that there are even more clones than listed there... then understand why I say that Famicom/NES clones are a dime a dozen.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, we decided that for now, to get a working system into the house we did the Yobo. The wife agreed that with tax refund $$ next year we'll either refurb my toaster or get a NEX (depending on compatibility of course) to have something with better accuracy.

I absolutely love my blue & white Yobo. It's played everything I've thrown at it first try. It's a bit silly looking, the system being almost the same size as the games, but it's great for my needs. Sound is definately a touch wonky, but not terrible - and since I play after my son is asleep I usually have to lower the volume anyways.

Thanks for the advise folks.