Anyone ever considered selling everything (Game collection) and buying something else, like a mortgage for a house or maybe a car of soem description? Ever think that you could perhaps be putting your money to a better use?

I often have these sorts of thoughts whenever I am ill. I lay there in bed and think to myself "Why do I bother" ~ But then I get better and I realise it's just crazy talk! Lol.

But, some people do have these momentary lapses of clarity, when they realise that maybe they have spent far too much on collecting games, and feel they could perhaps have put that money to better use.

Some people I know have sold up everything in the past to focus on their familty or to buy the sports car they always dreamt of. One person I know sold everything to fund a six month trip around the world!!!

Thing is, each and every one of them regrets doing so. Sure, they needed the money to fund somthing else (And a family is a good enough excuse I guess, especially if a baby is due) but they all resent having to part with what they loved the most.

Most of them have since started buying back some of their favourite games they previously got rid of.

Basically, would you rather starve yourself when you could easially sell a game or two, or would you sell your entire collection to buy the Ferrari you always wanted? Would you sell your stuff if a GF / BF or spouse told you to?

I have always vowed never to get rid of my collection ~ For any reason ~ Ok, I sell the odd game here and there which I have previously bought on eBay and arrived damaged, but they technically aren't part of my collection. I'd never sell teh whole lot though, or even split it to get some "Quick cash" - I would rather work for my cash than sell my belongings.

What makes it even harder is, a lot of my collection I would never be able to find again, in the condition I have it in. Not without paying big bucks at least, and that's if I ever came across it again. A lot of my collection now has sentimental value, and I have gone to some extreme lengths to obtain certain items ~ I#ve already made a lot of acrifices to obtain them, and ain't going to be giving them up so easially

Mind you, IF you did so, just think what you'd be able to buy with all that change!