Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PSP Downgrader! Everyone can now play homebrew!!!!

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i did the switch, and i am LOVING IT! been playing nes goodness allllll night, the snes emulator i got seemed to be running slow, if anyone has any ideas why let me know : ]
    You must be Dirk, Dirk the Daring

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Chronogamer
    PSN
    Mekrabad

Quote Originally Posted by Untamed
    Quote Originally Posted by mezrabad
    http://www.gamedeals.ca/

This guy is selling the downgrade for $25!

He's a recently new member of DP.

He runs a booth at the Vancouver (BC, Canada) Flea Market. It's probably for video game idiots who can't do it, so he gets paid to do it.

*shrug*
    Quote Originally Posted by syd
    Hey I say more power to him if he can get people to pay him to downgrade their PSPs. Seems like the same idea as modding a system to me.
    Guess I don't have problem with him providing the "service" my impression was that he was charging $25 for the software. First impressions can be wrong, I'll admit. (My first impression was that someone I've never seen before with only 3 posts came on and pointed to his site that just happened to be selling PSP downgrades right around the same time said downgrades were announced. Forgive my cynicism.) Again, I've got no problems with him selling the service-part of this anymore than I've got problems with someone Afterburning a GBA for me. (Upon digging deeper into the site, um, one whole click, it is a service done in-person-only. Guess I can't fault the guy for that.)

Are you both from Vancouver? (Great town, by the way. I need to get me some more Dagoli T-shirts.) Do you both know this guy? He's got no feedback. (well, as of tuesday he didn't) Can you say good things about him? Is it just a coincidence that you're both from Canada and one of you actually seems to know the guy?
    Chronogamer. Every game. Chronologically.
    Latest entry 31 March 2010
    I have forgotten to feed my fish...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mightymango

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_DEEM
    i did the switch, and i am LOVING IT! been playing nes goodness allllll night, the snes emulator i got seemed to be running slow, if anyone has any ideas why let me know : ]
    Yeah, I noticed that as well. It depends on the title. Some of them run ok, but I noticed the Mega Man titles creep a bit.
    Part of the #Vbender Crew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by s1lence
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_DEEM
    Yeah, I noticed that as well. It depends on the title. Some of them run ok, but I noticed the Mega Man titles creep a bit.
    Go into the options settings for the emulator, I believe by moving the joystick to the left, and switch the CPU settings to 333mhz. That should take care of it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mightymango

You where correct, I had it at 333 for my genesis emu. Turned the mhz up on the snes one and it works PERFECT. Thanks.
    Part of the #Vbender Crew

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow... it's amazing what a google search will reveal. I had no idea this thread existed. Thanks to the poster above that recommended me 2 years ago... fyi I still offer the service ($20) for locals and that includes downgrading, custom firmware install, and "tweaking" (flash formatting, key cleaning, setting adjustment, etc.) so that everything is set up and ready to go for you. I offer this service because it usually requires special hardware/software (eg. Lumines/GTA) and most people would rather just have it done right than try to figure it out themselves and risk messing it up. Anyway... sorry to dig up a (very) old thread, it just made me laugh when I found it.
    *** Visit our store ***
    Gamedeals Video Games
    407 Columbia St. New Westminster BC
    http://www.gamedeals.ca