Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: I won an xbox360 system today in the PEPSI Promotion.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Congrats, man! I really wanted to win that contest, you are so lucky.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Every10Minute winners, check your account history. It looks like we are for sure recieving them on Saturday:

Congratulations on winning an Every10Minutes Sweepstakes.
    Your Xbox 360 will be delivered on Saturday, November 19th, 2005 by UPS.
    Please remember that the delivery needs to be signed for by an adult, otherwise another delivery attempt will need to be made on the next business day.

If you are not home on Saturday, UPS will leave a note and reattempt delivery at another time.
    This note will contain a UPS phone number for your local office, should you have any questions about delivery.
    Delivery times vary by area, so your system could arrive during any part of the day/afternoon hours on the 19th.

Please allow until 6:00 PM Saturday to receive your system.

Thank you,
    Pepsi-Cola Consumer Care
    The wait begins...

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

awesome.i am crossing my fingers for the hard drive...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    SouthRox
    Steam
    SouthRox

Starting about 7 am I would get a lawnchair and a case of beer and sit in the driveway with a radio... hells yeah, cant wait to hear what you think of it

PSN: SouthRox

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

so i just got mine.it is indeed the real system,with the harddrive and everything.i got kameo too,as a card in there says the game i selected will arrive in a week or two.

i already bought kameo,so if anyone wants a factory sealed copy for like $35 it's yours,i'd rather not have to take it to gamestop or ebay.

other winners hope you get yours soon,i'm off to play some perfect dark.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Six Switch
    so i just got mine.it is indeed the real system,with the harddrive and everything.i got kameo too,as a card in there says the game i selected will arrive in a week or two.

i already bought kameo,so if anyone wants a factory sealed copy for like $35 it's yours,i'd rather not have to take it to gamestop or ebay.

congrats on receiving the system! if your kameo is still sealed, why not take it back to the store you got it from and get a different game?
    www.worldofgamespublishing.com
    Now you know, and knowing is half the battle!

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Recieved mine today at 9:25. I couldn't sleep at all last night. Now I'm trying to get Live set up through an old hub I have laying around. Its the only way I can split my cable connection. I'll figure it out eventually.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Um, is it just me, or what's up with my 13GB HD? I thought it was supposed to be 20GB......

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

mine says 12,weird.

can you get on live?it always screws up at the last second for me.i am thinking maybe because the system isn't out yet...or maybe its me.anyways perfect dark is pretty sweet.

edit: so i plugged in my ipod to rock out...and half the sogns don't work.they have little x's next to them and don't play.i put them right into itunes from a cd so i didn't buy them on itunes or anything,so it should work.am i missing something?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by World Of Games

congrats on receiving the system! if your kameo is still sealed, why not take it back to the store you got it from and get a different game?
    haha i threw out the recipt.shit

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by World Of Games

haha i threw out the recipt.shit
    Try taking it back to walmart on Tuesday.

I'm trying to get the 360 to connect with Internet Connection Sharing through XP, but still no luck. Its an IP issue.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i got on live,it is fun

yay

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    SouthRox
    Steam
    SouthRox

Pics guys Pics! Think of us losers that didnt get one!

Oh and congrats to both of you! </jealousy>

i got on live,it is fun

yay
    Was there anyone else on?

PSN: SouthRox

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

not too many,but a few.they said they all won systems too of course.i'll try to take some pictures later.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here's some pics. Sorry I hate to say I've been drinking and these were from a Motorola V551 cell transfered through bluetooth to my N-Gage QD. I was going to host them on my Charter account but its down. So they probably suck.

http://img456.imageshack.us/img456/2990/18my.th.jpg

http://img456.imageshack.us/img456/6938/28jk.th.jpg

http://img456.imageshack.us/img456/5317/33ez.th.jpg

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/2769/43pg.th.jpg

First impressions: The next gen is really here...at least in terms of graphics. I've heard that you wont get the full experience unless you have an HDTV...BULL SH*T. The Live 2006 demo and Kameo prove that wrong. I have my 360 hooked up through composite and its damn beautiful. The arcade games are great...and the free trials are a blessing for poor folk like me. I only wish I had an online game to play. O well. Might buy Gauntlet and play some multiplayer, but I doubt anyone's playing it--everyone's probably too busy playing Perfect Dark 0.

PS// No its not worth $400, but its certainly a blast. Especially when it's free.[/img]

PS2// Xbox live works great if I hook my cable modem directly to the 360. But I still can't get a working network. Argh.

PS3// We recieved Kameo today, but the little card inside the package states we'll recieve our original stated game (either being Madden or Need for Speed) within 2 weeks.

PS4// I can't figure out the pics. I don't care. Maybe charter will come back up and I can post them regularly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

Default My two cents

Well I got mine today at 9:00 AM sharp. I work at a game store, so I got to borrow Perfect Dark and mine too came with Kameo as a bonus game . It was pretty awsome. I could get mine to go online with Perfect Dark but not Halo 2(even after downloading the bonus maps. on my 360. The xbox tech said that I would not be able to play Halo 2 online till launch day. Hopefully all the bugs get worked out. I can say that Perfect Dark is no Halo. THE GAME IS SLOW AS HELL. Pretty Graphics, ok gameplay, but overall I am going to have to play more to fully evaluate it. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE DEMOS, ARCADE GAMES, AND EXTRA STUFF YOU can download. Geometry Wars is the shit. I like that you can earn credit to buy stuff. I would buy gauntlet for 5.00 to play online with others. The graphics are sharp and not soft like the Xbox. Overall the system is pretty good and alot better in person. Is is worth $400? No, I too would wait. There are going to be alot of good games for the system, but there isnt a killer app for it...yet.

Here is a pic of my system

http://videogamecollectors.com/galle...cketroomofdoom
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

some things to say:

turning on the system with the controller is really awesome,and maybe i am just lazy but i have been waiting to do that.

the headset feels a little weird on my head,but i am getting use to it.

perfect dark is good,but it is a little slow.and no jump button will take getting use to.

when i play on live there is an echo on like,everything.pretty annoying.

the system gets HOTT.like,really warm.

the power source is fucking huge,it even has it's own light.jesus.

the graphics are nice and like everyone said,it is cool to have for free but it is not really worth the $400.

that is day 1

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nobody's online to play Gauntlet. Man, I paid a good $6.25 for those 500 "points" to buy Gauntlet and I haven't seen anyone online. Sucks.

The 360 does get hot.. There's actually a warning at the end of the english part of the instruction booklet that says if the 360 gets too hot it will shut down and the ring of light will flash red until its cool enough to start playing again. Mines been on for about 12 hours though and no problem.

Currently I have my 360 standing verticaly because I don't have the space for it.

Played through the beginning of Kameo three times now, showing it off to friends. At first I didn't like it, but now its grown on me.

Hexic HD (free game on the HD) is fun and most importantly it was free.

One of the coolest things I think is the ability to play your own music during any game. I know certain Xbox games let you do this, but all you have to do now is bring up the guide and select your music and it will play. Nice. Made playing the 50min Hexic survival mode more enjoyable.

Again I'll mention my HD is showing 13GB... which irks me to no end. I really wonder what's up with that. MS needs to explain this one.

The controller...is...well...meh, for me at least. Its not terrible, but I still prefer my Logitech Cordless for the PS2. But turning the console on and off with the controller. Absolutely awesome. Its just a little thing, but it definately adds to the coolness factor.

The included remote is cool and nice for people who will use the 360 for their DVD player, ie me. Totally out of hookups on the TV and plugs on the power strip.

The 360 honestly is a nice machine. Here's hoping that the games live up to expectation.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

the music thing is cool,it just keeps screwing up with my ipod.now it doesn't play anything,its weird as hell.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok got XBox Live and my XP comp to share the internet connection. Had do manually enter the IP/DNS settings, but it finally works. Used these two MS support pages to give me generic but avaialable addresses I could use.

<a ref="http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3BQ306126#XSLTH3193121122120121120120">Link 1</a>
    Link 2

Just have to keep the PC awake and on and I have a internet connection for my 360. No problem its always like that.

I'm glad I'm done with that. For some reason that was for sure too hard for its own good.