Thread: WTB: Text Books(programming)

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default WTB: Text Books(programming)

I always seem to find what I'm looking for with the DP crew since this really is a place of people with many different backgrounds. Anyways...on with it.

I recently took some programming classes and I really like it, but I don't like paying for the classes or going there at set times...funny, I like programming and I'm finding a way out of everything but I'm not lazy!!

Ok, so what I need is some people with experience in some different languages to recommend some self taught kind of books. Ya know, the kind of book that flows quite well with how you'd like to learn it. I currently have C#.net by anita c. millspaugh and I really think it's a pretty good book in general but I'm interested in finding some decent C books and some others. If you have any recommendations or any books you'd like to sell me, here I am. Let me know what you've got and what you want and/or isbn's. Thanks in advance!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm on the 6 year plan for my bachelor's in computer science.

Are you just looking for books about c/c++/c#, or do you want to learn other programming languages as well.

I have all the slides from my perl course, I could just e-mail you those in a zip file or something for free.

I have way too many computer books at my house (I never sold any back to the bookstore) and I could get rid of some.

Shoot me a pm if you are interested (which it sounds like you are).

I can get you a list of books I own when I get off of work tonight (probably around midnight central time).

Just so you know, I do shipping a little differently than most people. What I do is I ship the item, and then tell you how much I paid for shipping (I don't like going to the place for an estimate when I can just ship it right then and there). Of course, you will pay up front for the item, but after that, you will have to send a second payment for shipping.

We can work all of that out later.

I can check my instructors online sites as well and see if I can get any slides ot powerpoints for any of the c classes. I know I downloaded the ones for Perl.

Hell, you could practically teach yourself to get a computer science degree with all of the materials I have access too. Some of it will be free of charge (i.e. the content I downloaded), and some I would charge you (text books)

EDIT: I thought of something else. I have some beginner books, and some advanced books. The languages for materials I have access to range from c/c++ to perl to ML to java to SQL to html to others that I can't think of. Like I said, some of it is very simple (which is good for learning a new language), but some of the material is very advanced (Junior and Senior college leveled).