Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why are people saying the GameCube is dying?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by philosophyst
    I'm still pissed that NCAA Football 2006 wasn't released for the Cube.
    Are you serious? You're pissed because yet another sports game doesn't come to the GameCube. Does anyone *intelligent* even buy sports games on a yearly basis? I'd say 1 sports game of each sport a generation of consoles is enough...there's usually only a major difference in sports games when there's a new generation of consoles. The GameCube already has several football games to choose from.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xizer
    Are you serious? You're pissed because yet another sports game doesn't come to the GameCube. Does anyone *intelligent* even buy sports games on a yearly basis? I'd say 1 sports game of each sport a generation of consoles is enough...there's usually only a major difference in sports games when there's a new generation of consoles. The GameCube already has several football games to choose from.
    Whoa, calm down there buddy.

My apologies that I added my thought to this thread, it's certainly not worth busting a blood vessel over, chill!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The GameCube, as of now, has over 530 games. By the end of its life it will probably have over 600.

Is that a failure? That's more than most other systems have had. It will be over twice as many games as the Nintendo 64 had.
    That's true, but it doesn't make the GC better. N64 may have had less then half of the games, GC has. But N64 had more then twice the amount of classic games then the GC.

Just my opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If Yoshihiro Mori, senior managing director at Nintendo says the Gamecube is dying then I am going to have to agree with him.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got fed up with the Cube for good after buying it on two occassions. I won't be buying a Revolution because of the same reasoning. I don't like the idea of waiting through a very large list of mediocre games in order to play a few gems. At least with the other two systems, the ratio is a little more even, and on a regular basis. If the Cube was the only system that I had owned I would have died of boredom. Every time I went over to the Cube section, there was consistently nothing that I wanted to buy.

It's just my opinion, it's most likely not yours, but Nintendo does nothing for ME any more and the Revolution won't change a thing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Holger Czukay

Are you serious? You're pissed because yet another sports game doesn't come to the GameCube. Does anyone *intelligent* even buy sports games on a yearly basis?
    Knock it off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jdc
    I got fed up with the Cube for good after buying it on two occassions. I won't be buying a Revolution because of the same reasoning. I don't like the idea of waiting through a very large list of mediocre games in order to play a few gems. At least with the other two systems, the ratio is a little more even, and on a regular basis. If the Cube was the only system that I had owned I would have died of boredom. Every time I went over to the Cube section, there was consistently nothing that I wanted to buy.

It's just my opinion, it's most likely not yours, but Nintendo does nothing for ME any more and the Revolution won't change a thing.
    Actually Im hopeful that the Revo WILL change things and shake the industry up a bit but Im just not sure that it will

IMO the Gamecube was a damn good little system it started out very well but somewhere into the second year of the systems life it took a nose dive off the cliff and Nintendo started there N64 habits all over again. Developer support was dropping of the scene for the GC and Nintendo seemingly did NOTHING to change that fact once again ANOTHER N64 BAD HABIT, Nintento starts there 2 great games a year and then nothing for a 3 month period within the 3rd year of the console

You know the first 2 years I was really hyped about the Gamecube being a success I actually beleived it could out perform the Xbox (It was obvious that the PS2 was going to be #1) but yet agian I was waaaaay wrong.

Come to think of it JDC I really see your points on what Nintendo has done to themselves and Im sure your not the only used-to-be-Nintendo-fan out there that feals cheated and has washed their hands of the big N for the greener pastures of PS2/Xbox360/PS3 or whatever.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flack
    The GameCube, as of now, has over 530 games. By the end of its life it will probably have over 600.

Is that a failure? That's more than most other systems have had. It will be over twice as many games as the Nintendo 64 had.
    Comparing the success of your console to the N64 is kind of like saying your moustache looks better than Geraldo's.
    Well, considering the fact that the N64 is the predecessor to the GameCube, I figured it was something good to compare to...the GameCube has managed to get double the games its predecessor had.
    I was just kind of being silly, but my point was to determine whether or not a system is successful, it should be compared to other systems out now, not systems from a decade ago. That would be like saying the N64 was a failure because it didn't have as many games as the Atari 2600.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default !

The Gamecube's #2 best-selling game last month was Super Smash Brothers Melee. That's a GameCube launch title, folks. It came out four years ago. It should not be in the top 10.

How many of the PS2's or X-Box's top 10 are fricking launch titles?

Nuff said.

For the record... I own none of the three current consoles. If I were to buy one now, it would probably be a Cube. No fanboy am I.

:/
    Thanks for indulging my gaming habit when I was young, Dad. You were the best. I miss you. ~David Barnes 1926-2007~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Actually, think GameCube has the highest wheat-to-chaff ratio of any of the current gen systems. I would estimate that every current system has about the same number of really good games. I love em all and there are good titles to buy for any box, but all the extra third party support for Sony and MS seems to translate to many more average games. I would guess that you either 1) don't much care for Nintendo 1st party titles or 2) really dig on RPGs or another underrepresented genere for the Cube.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slimedog

Actually, think GameCube has the highest wheat-to-chaff ratio of any of the current gen systems. I would estimate that every current system has about the same number of really good games. I love em all and there are good titles to buy for any box, but all the extra third party support for Sony and MS seems to translate to many more average games. I would guess that you either 1) don't much care for Nintendo 1st party titles or 2) really dig on RPGs or another underrepresented genere for the Cube.
    The thing is that there are LOTS of underrepresented genres on the cube not just RPGs.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i put my cube away till twilight princess. I really dont see a use for it i already have all the good games and finished them.. RIP gamecube...UNTIL TWILIGHT PRINCESS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

"There's over 50 games coming out between now and March 2006.

WTF?! Everywhere I go I hear "Yep, cube's dying." "R.I.P. cube" "Cube's dead until Twilight Princess."

Do people really think this?"

Not all of us are looking forward to titles like Curious George and Disney's Chicken Little with the anticipation you must be I guess. Unless MAT3 for the Cube is dramatically improved over the Xbox version I purchased at launch, Zelda is the only title coming that I'm going to buy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    joey_80

Default Re: !

Quote Originally Posted by fishsandwich
    The Gamecube's #2 best-selling game last month was Super Smash Brothers Melee. That's a GameCube launch title, folks. It came out four years ago. It should not be in the top 10.

How many of the PS2's or X-Box's top 10 are fricking launch titles?
    So what makes that different from any other Nintendo console? I'm pretty sure I remember seeing Zelda on the top 10 charts for the NES for a loooooong time as well as ALTTP for the SNES.. the same with SMB 3, SMW and SM64. There are a TON of people that think that SSB: Melee is a near perfect game - actually fun to play. It's not a new FPS with prettier graphics or some sports title. I'm really not surprised by it at all. The good games last forever - unlike a lot of flash in the pan hyped up games of the moment. Just a thought...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    boatofcar

That's a rather bold statement for a system that nobody knows anything about, other than the controller.

EDIT: At some point I will learn grammar.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I say forget about sales and how many titles are still coming for the Cube Ninten-heads. The cube hasn't been able to compete with MS and Sony on any level since 2004. Yes I understand it had Metroid Prime 2 last year and Zelda's coming soon, but face it the Cube is virtually dead where it counts: software for us to play. There are many more options on Xbox and PS2. I love Cube and I have 7 more titles to buy before im done, but face it it's over. Compared to past Nintendo consoles Cube is a failure.
    I don't want you to hate me, I want you to want to hate me - GamersUniteMagazine.com

Banana (Level 7) snes_collector's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My 2 cents:

The people who say GC is a failure haven't gane it a chance. People say the GC stinks when they haven't played but two games for it. GC isn't all sports games and FPS games, which are the only type of games alot of people play now days. Maybe people would like the GC more if they reliezed that sports and FPS games aren't all there is to play.

Just my two cents......

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

Quote Originally Posted by snes_collecter
    My 2 cents:

The people who say GC is a failure haven't gane it a chance.
    No people who say it's a failure, look at the sales, the upcoming titles and then look at 3rd party support. Then they compare it perportionally to the other consoles in this gen and past generations.

The GC isn't a failure like the Dreamcast was (it was never given a chance) but honestly, it's certainly not a real success either.

It's not about personal opinion but rather about market preformance.

Quote Originally Posted by snes_collecter
    People say the GC stinks when they haven't played but two games for it. GC isn't all sports games and FPS games, which are the only type of games alot of people play now days. Maybe people would like the GC more if they reliezed that sports and FPS games aren't all there is to play.
    It's not just the games that are the problem. A lot of people think the GC stinks because Nintendo dropped the ball on online multiplay.

Of course that's just my 2 cents.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_Ames
    "There's over 50 games coming out between now and March 2006.

WTF?! Everywhere I go I hear "Yep, cube's dying." "R.I.P. cube" "Cube's dead until Twilight Princess."

Do people really think this?"

Not all of us are looking forward to titles like Curious George and Disney's Chicken Little with the anticipation you must be I guess. Unless MAT3 for the Cube is dramatically improved over the Xbox version I purchased at launch, Zelda is the only title coming that I'm going to buy.
    Hmm, that's interesting, considering Chicken Little and Curious George are both scheduled to be on the PC, PS2, Xbox, and GBA.

You mention these games as if they're the only games coming out for the GameCube, despite the fact they're multiplatform. You're obviously trolling...the GameCube is also getting:

Call of Duty 2
    From Russia with Love
    Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
    King Kong
    Kirby
    Mega Man X Collection
    Midway Arcade Treasures 3
    Need for Speed Underground
    Pac-Man World 3
    Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones
    Shadow the Hedgehog
    Splinter Cell 4
    Super Mario Strikers
    The Sims 2
    Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
    Tony Hawk's American Wasteland

Huh...verrrrry interesting...strange how you manage to blindly skip past these releases, ignore them, then point out the pure crap (which, incidentally, will be available on other platforms).

That said, anyone who thinks the GameCube sucks has the old Dreamcast mentality. The Dreamcast was largely underappreciated when it was released, and its excellent games were ignored by the mainstream. Today we look back on the Dreamcast and it is seen as one of the best systems of all time. I foresee the same situation with the GameCube...one day the GameCube will receive more respect. It will go on to join the ranks of the Dreamcast, as a top-notch console that should not have failed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Then state the correct number of titles then if you're going to exclude half of the remaining Game Cube lineup. Those titles exemplify roughly half of the upcoming Game Cube lineup very well.

And apparently being system exclusive means something to you too. A total of 1 of those titles you just mentioned is a Game Cube exclusive.

And stating that the Game Cube is near death isn't stating that the system sucks. No one ever said that, but somehow you're insulted by that. I own two Game Cubes and 15 games, I hardly think it sucks.

Face the facts, the system is near death. This holiday season is it's last as a mainstream system. Zelda next spring will basically be the end of it.

And you're the person trolling, you're entire topic flys in the face of the facts (Something you have ignored with everything in here). And you resorted to insulting people I guess when they disagreed.