Thread: ever get a email thru ebay like this

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default ever get a email thru ebay like this

Question from xenaluver2003
    how can u pay over a 100 dollars for just 65 nintendo boxes... when theres no games or manuals thats retarded lol sry

why would someone take the time to send me a email calling me retarted for bidding on something..

plus i bid 120.00 and got outbid anyway..plus even at 195.00 dollars thats only 3.00 per box.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There are honestly a ton of people out there that have NO CLUE about a lot of things. Keeping original boxes for videogames has to be almost #1. Imagine if that person who emailed you found out that some boxes are worth more than 100$ for just one box.
    It's also this mentality that gets us our best scores at garage sales! So I guess there still is room for them.....until they run out of games to feed us.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The guy who asked the question retarded if you ask me. Why would anyone care about if someone uses $100 on some NES boxes? And even take the time to send that comment..

NESVIDIOT is right. People dont know the value of things. Yesterday a guy wanted to buy a NES with 50 games from me and he gave a offer that was laughable. I didnt laugh at him of course, he just didnt know that old stuff like NES had much value.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mightymango

I had that happen to me on a couple auctions. I figured F them and I told them that they don't know what they are talking about. It floors me that people have the time to do that though.
    Part of the #Vbender Crew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ive had a couple emails from ebay users telling me im not going to outbid them

one of them was a series of emails saying "take that" after each time he/she out bid me

ive also had one guy yell at me saying i was an @sshole for snipeing -- when i didnt snipe at all

and one email threatening me to stop biding on his auction (he wasnt the seller)

becasue of the number i had recived like this i thought it was a seller scam trying to get me to keep biding while his buddy kept raising the total
    The human operates out of complex superiority demands, self -affirming through ritual, insiting upon a rational need to learn, striving for self-imposed goals, manipulating his environment while he denies his own adaptive abilities, never fully satisfied.
    --Frank Herbert

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by googlefest1
    one of them was a series of emails saying "take that" after each time he/she out bid me
    haha.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thats retarded lol sry
    That kind of grammar is retarded .
    I really can't believe you got an e-mail like that. First of all, $100 for 65 N64 boxes is a good deal. Second of all, who the hell is he to tell you what to do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gatchaman17

I agree that he wasn't exactly playing with a full deck emailing you, so at the same time I have to agree with what has been said before.

Just put up with it. You need a few hamsters to keep the wheel moving.

Cherry (Level 1) ClassicGameTrader's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    stillgetmine199

Default Re: ever get a email thru ebay like this

Quote Originally Posted by wrldstrman
    Question from xenaluver2003
    how can u pay over a 100 dollars for just 65 nintendo boxes... when theres no games or manuals thats retarded lol sry

why would someone take the time to send me a email calling me retarted for bidding on something..

plus i bid 120.00 and got outbid anyway..plus even at 195.00 dollars thats only 3.00 per box.
    There are a lot of people that don't understand the value of these items to a collector. But look at it on the positive side, the same mindset might walk into a salvation army with a laseractive and sell it to them for $5 and say "its just a stupid old LD machine DVD rules dude!"
    'Why should I lie when I can dramatize?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SkaarDragoon

Default Crazy emails

Hah - try selling a NWC cart on ebay sometime, man the people that came out of the woodwork on that one - I had about 30 people ask "WTF is this game", a bunch threaten to kick my ass or contact all my bidders telling them I was a fraud.... it was a zoo.

My favourite was the guy who was reporting me to ebay constantly and wanted to see me "erased from the internet" for being a "scammer".

" what! you didn't realize they were so rare...until you yourself or some one you know stumbled accross it & said bob has one of these, lemme call him or you said to yerself jeez, look at what this guy is getting for that game, i think uncle chuck gave me one of these, i'm gunna put mine up for auction too. my question is this: couldn't you wait...this game is soooo rare & now that guy is gunna get less that what he could have gotten. no respect, man. hopefully he gets the cash he deserves for having to part with his trophy nes game & you get stuck with a deadbeat bidder or maybe...people will see through your greedy intentions or better yet, figure this auction is garbage cause you don't have that game in your posession(it's too rare). have a good day."

This was when I listed a few days before the $6100 auction ended. For the record (in case anyone is interested) that auction fell through and he had to relist... didn't get nearly so much the second time unfortunately (but he also didn't get 40,000 hits like the last time)

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You'll get all sorts of messages if you're around eBay long enough. I've even had a guy who believed I was stalking him because I sniped and won three straight auctions he was bidding on. Total coincidence but I kept getting messages from him about it telling me I was rude, that I was a cheater, that I should let somebody else win. The funny thing was he was such a pain in the neck it almost made me want to search out things he bid on purposefully just to screw with him for real. I never did it, but I certainly thought about it.
    Web: www.OHHLA.com, www.RapReviews.com, www.AngryMarks.com
    Forums: www.AngryMarks.com/forums
    Turunga Leela on Info-tari: "Go consummate yourself!!"

Authordreamweavervisionar yplusactor Arcade Antics's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Moving to Everything eBay...

>>>SLIDE<<<
    Selling collection, Atari through XBox. Send a PM with whatever games you're looking for.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Can't say I've ever got any emails like that before. o_O But that is quite stupid. I wonder if he sent the same message to the other bidders. :P