Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Beggar Prince - new Sega Genesis RPG: now shipping!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

just got the game today, looks awesome. i played it for about 20 minutes and was very impressed. fast moving character and text is the key to RPG's and this one does it great. well worth the money.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Mine came today as well. I haven't had a chance to play it yet, but I'm looking forward to putting in some quality hours this weekend.
    http://www.maximumcrowe.net/maximumc...outhpark3.jpeg

I bet Tugger wants to hear a song off me new album!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SloshyCape0

I wish more people would talk about how the game plays.As I really want to buy it to play, but am currently unemplyed and don't want to spend 50 bucks on something that will just sit on my shelf, unplayed.Don't give a shit about the artwork and am not going to make a new cover.I do feel bad for the folks that created it, as the guy reads this thread, hopefully they make some more games.
    My 2 cents

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by googlefest1
    Does anyone have a problem with the game freezing right in the begining?

im trying to play it on a model 2 genesis - i go through the intro - talk to the guards - talk to the girl by the fountain and then try to talk to the boy at the fountain and it freezes. I hope it was just bad luck that wont repeat tonight.

yes, things could have been diferent with the packaging. But i am actualy mostly happy with it I think it does look better in person. Try to get one and then evaluate it. My main complaint about the box, which im not going to rant about it i just want to make a sugestion for the future would be to use a beefier plastic sheet (that protects the cover art) - mine feels like it could rip with out much force OR, if it doesnt drive the cost up too much, ask for a tighter tolerance on it so there would be less slack. Other wise i like how secure the box keeps the cart and maual.

I realy hope you guys make another one.
    I guess it was luck of the draw to have the game crash in the same spot through out the night. Last night - got past that part - it only crashed once leaving the first cave.

i only wish there was a tad more information in the game to let you know what to do next

--OH, QUESTION FOR THE PEOPLE PLAYING THE GAME--

do you search everthing in the game? have you found any items? - i could save alot of time by not seaching everything if i knew there is nothing to be found other than in those red boxes. Currently i search ever nook an crany and havent found diddly.
    The human operates out of complex superiority demands, self -affirming through ritual, insiting upon a rational need to learn, striving for self-imposed goals, manipulating his environment while he denies his own adaptive abilities, never fully satisfied.
    --Frank Herbert

Never let dreams die! CMA Death Adder's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

i could save alot of time by not seaching everything if i knew there is nothing to be found other than in those red boxes.
    Items are gained only through opening chests (the red boxes) and from interactions with people. There are "hidden items", of course, but they are within chests that are hard to find. I can assure you that running around searching people's cabinets isn't going to reveal anything other than perhaps a layer of dust.
    Cruise by Diskman Presents : filled with geektastic classic gaming goodness!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

aaah spank you very much - now i wont have to waste half an hour in everyones house - if this was in the manual ill have to slap myself for missing it

i was worried this was going to be ultra kiddy - im glad its not - so far so cool
    The human operates out of complex superiority demands, self -affirming through ritual, insiting upon a rational need to learn, striving for self-imposed goals, manipulating his environment while he denies his own adaptive abilities, never fully satisfied.
    --Frank Herbert

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

i was worried this was going to be ultra kiddy - im glad its not - so far so cool
    Nah. I couldn't write "ultra kiddy" style if I tried.
    Glad you're enjoying the game, in any case.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hopefully someone writes a walkthrough in the next couple months...or is there one in english for the non-translated game?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

"all your elders are belong to us"

nice touch - gave me a good laugh
    --Frank Herbert

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Did anyone notice the guy named "Puta" in the pyramid,, I just thought it was funny

JS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

nope - im still trying to get in there - im guesing the cave will let me in or give me something for it -- i forgot what those fairies told me - too lazy to go back and talk to them

does anyone else think this title has a SNES style to its look?
    --Frank Herbert

ServBot (Level 11) Iron Draggon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well now that I can stand to even look in this thread again...

I was playing Earth Defense last night. (One of the Realtec games released very late in the life of the Genesis) and I noticed that the original case for it is EXACTLY THE SAME as the case for Beggar Prince, except that the clear plastic on the case for Earth Defense is textured. So these cases were actually used for a few Genesis game before this one.

As for the game and the gameplay, it is well worth the $46. It doesn't look like an early release as Earth Defense does, it looks like a late release. So it's a very high quality game.
    You can't run with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy!

Get BIT!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Draggon
    I was playing Earth Defense last night. (One of the Realtec games released very late in the life of the Genesis) and I noticed that the original case for it is EXACTLY THE SAME as the case for Beggar Prince, except that the clear plastic on the case for Earth Defense is textured. So these cases were actually used for a few Genesis game before this one.
    Most unlicensed games & bootlegs also use these same cases.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got my order today, so here are my thoughts.

Firstly, I ordered two games on the 21st. Two days ago I was told they were shipped and they arrived today. Very good if you ask me. Another nice surprise was the packing. Even though I bought two games each was packaged seperately in a sturdy priority mail box with newspaper around it. They didn't try to skimp with cheap packing. Very impressive.

Now, for those of you who don't like to read opinions, stop reading now. This is called constructive criticism. It's not whining, it's supposed to be helpful. In my opinion, the artwork throughout could use some work. I'm not talking about the drawings, those are fine and fit very nicely. I'm talking about the little things. Like how there are black boxes around any and all images, and how there is no title on the end of the cart. Also how the box on the back is not centered. These are just sloppy things that could be easily fixed. I really think this should be looked into because I think that the packaging should be as good of quality as the game itself, and from what I've read, that is of the topmost. Again, this is not whining, I am trying to help and want the best for these guys. They have done a great job with this. I just want it to be the best that it can be. A few minor changes would help it a ton (see my link a page or so back).

Anyway, thanks for shipping so quickly. I just wish I was going to have time to play it sometime soon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Do all the "constructive criticism" u want, but u should really play the game first. I mean shit, its a game dude,, I opened it the fisrt day I got it, and forgot where the case is at already.

JS

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

For anyone that's beat the game, or at least gotten further I have a question.

In the Witch's Cave, right outside the Sea Turtle Village what the hell are you suppose to do? The only way I can see to go is past a spikey trap, but no matter how many times I try and cross, I die. Am I wasting my time attempting to cross here? Am I missing something obvious? Help.

Also if I am suppose to cross the spikes? How?
    They look like this. X being when a spike is up. O being when a spike is down. You're attempting to move from right to left.

I've tried standing on C2 twice, and then moving to B2 when it starts to clear, but I can't move off C2 quick enough before I'm impaled.

Code:
    Spikes:

ABC      ABC      ABC
    1XOX     1XOX     1OXX
    2XXO     2OXO     2XOX
    3OOX     3XOX     3OXX
    Edit: Nevermind. Figured it out. If anyone else runs acroos this problem the answer was "Yes, cross the spikes". The pattern was: C2, C2, B2, B1, B1, A1 and the timing's a bitch.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Default ...

Sega-16.com has just posted an interview with me which focuses on Beggar Prince. I figured it may be an interesting read for some of you, especially considering some of the questions they chose to ask.

Read the interview here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Default Beggar Prince review'd @ Sega-16.com!

For those of you who wanted a good, solid and fair review of Beggar Prince before you decided whether or not to buy it, here's what the Genesis - Megadrive website Sega-16 had to say:

Beggar Prince reviewed @ Sega-16.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

nice interview and review

i hope this gets noticed some where bigger - to help add fuel to the sceen

any offers to put the game on one of those plug n play devices? like they did with Saboteur for the atari product
    --Frank Herbert

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow, this sounds badass. I'm going to buy a copy eventually.