Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: $13 Clearance PSone lcd screens !!

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AlanD
    Unfortunately I just went by the one near me and they still want $68 each for the 3 they had. I'll keep checking and if they mark down I'll let people know as I only need one but will grab what they have.
    Are you talking about the combo set or just the screens??

If it is the screen only make sure they physically scan it. Don't go by any price on the box. Like I said in my previous post, a kmart near me still had a clearance price of $104 which means they hadn't marked it down since 3 sales ago!! I can't imagine any kmart with a different price since they change them in the computer for all the stores at the same time.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpman Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlayerX
    Too bad all of the K-Marts in Canada closed.. at least that's my understanding. The K-Mart that was in our city is now a Sears, and Sears sucks, so no LCD for me

USA has all the cool stores, Target, K-Mart, Hot-Spot, etc.

Canada has... Wal-Mart? Best Buy (Not in our city)? Future Shop?

really? I could have sworn that there was one by my house, but I haven't gone by there in a while. It might have turned into a Zellers or something.
    Yeah I could be mistaken, thought I heard someone say all the K-Marts in Canada had closed... but I'm probably wrong Usually am...

I work at Zellers, and we never have anything cool. Our "Greatest Hits" for PS2 are still $30, when other stores have em for as low as $5.

Gotta love the Canadian market!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SlayerX
    Canada has... Wal-Mart? Best Buy (Not in our city)? Future Shop?
    Ya' know?.. this kind of thing goes BOTH ways. In the little 'ho-dink" town I live in; in So. Oregon there are STILL some of us who lament the day OUR Future Shop pulled out of town and went back to Canada (about 8 years ago?). Nothing that BIG in electronics has ever come back to town; and our K-Mart folded up about 10 years ago.. <sigh>.

Oh.. I forgot.. we have a Circuit City!!! .. yeah right.
    "Kooch56.. you is a MEAN man!"
    My DP feedback
    "Take us to the THRESHOLD!"

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

TRU sold these off at the beginning of the year during the previous green tag sale. I paid $38 (or something similar) for a LCD combo. I think the screen itself was $23.

But absolutely an amazing price at $13. Pefect for camping...or trying not to camp.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Masco73
    Unfortunately I just went by the one near me and they still want $68 each for the 3 they had. I'll keep checking and if they mark down I'll let people know as I only need one but will grab what they have.
    Are you talking about the combo set or just the screens??

If it is the screen only make sure they physically scan it. Don't go by any price on the box. Like I said in my previous post, a kmart near me still had a clearance price of $104 which means they hadn't marked it down since 3 sales ago!! I can't imagine any kmart with a different price since they change them in the computer for all the stores at the same time.
    It was just the screens they had and I watched her physically scan it. She was quite preturbed about it since I asked for a price check and she checked it by reading off the box. Ummm Thanks. I then had her remove it from the case and take it to the register and scan it. Still $68. Didn't that make me feel like an ass When it marks down I'll pick them up. I have no idea why they have a different price but that is definitely what their computer shows.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can't imagine any kmart with a different price since they change them in the computer for all the stores at the same time.
    Do you work at Kmart? I do. It's not hard to imagine. In order for an item to be marked down, they must first make sure it exists in the store. "Activated" if you will. They only mark them down in the individual store computer if it is in stock... read on.

The computers don't magically synchronize themselves. A LOT of clearanced stuff is per store. SOME clearance stuff they don't want anymore. They can pick whatever price they want depending on the urgency of how badly they want to dump it. If they don't have a reason to dump it, they won't go to the trouble of lowering the price. So don't count on every retail store of any chain to be the same as the last.

The store with these $13 ones may just have a lot less space to put up with. Another may have lots of room and thus will keep the price high for longer. The $13 store may have just decided to lower it from the price it's supposed to be which could very well be $100. Just be glad they care enough to lower it. Because once it's not an item the chain stocks anymore, they don't care about it anymore, and thus it's up to the individual stores to take care of the prices. But HEY, this is a department store, there are THOUSANDS of other products in the store to worry about. Games are on the bottom of the priority list. Dozens of items in Electronics alone.

Nothing you can do about it short of getting hired for the Electronics department and taking action yourself. (How else do you think I got all those eReader cards for a penny each? "Hey, department manager. These have no price. And they don't sell at all." "Oh, hmm.. how about a penny each?" They were gone within the night and I was 67 cents poorer. )

This is how retail is. Take it from me, we have like a hundred different old games on 5 feet of shelves with prices of $20+ that haven't moved an inch because it's shovelware. It'll stick around forever. And probably won't move until well into the next generation. I don'tknow WHERE we're gonna put the 360 shit. We barely fit the DS and PSP stuff in the cases as it is. We only have 25' of cases and 12.5' extra for Greatest Platinum Choice Hits and outdated shovelware. That's SEVEN DIFFERENT SYSTEMS TO CRAM INTO 25 FEET OF SPACE!

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No, I don't work there I just assumed all stores got a clearance list from the home office and updated at the same time. Plus, the 3 kmarts I visited all had the $13 price even though at 2 of them they were still marked much higher. I guess I am lucky.
    Did you say e-reader cards were a penny?? I saw a couple of the Mario party ones at the last store, how much will they scan at if I ask??

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Jasoco It'll stick around forever. And probably won't move until well into the next generation.

Tell me about it. My Kmart had original NES games still about 3-4 years ago. They were there forever. Also, if you think about it, the screens have been there at least 4-5 years, right?? Thats a damn long time to be sitting around.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Masco73
    Jasoco It'll stick around forever. And probably won't move until well into the next generation.

Tell me about it. My Kmart had original NES games still about 3-4 years ago. They were there forever. Also, if you think about it, the screens have been there at least 4-5 years, right?? Thats a damn long time to be sitting around.
    You see, the problem is they're not a game store. They really only sell games to keep people coming back. As I said, games are very low on the chain of priority. I've wished many times that I worked at Kmart corporate as the exclusive "Video Game Manager" person. I'd show them how it's done. A game is old? Not selling anymore? Clear it out! A game's coming out that I know won't sell? DON'T SEND IT! A new system's coming out? Make some room by clearing stuff out! Boy, the things I could do.

I was at another Kmart (As I mentioned) a few weeks ago, the first time in one not my own, and aside from being the older Jamesway/Walmart style look (As opposed to our new beautiful Target style look.) the game cases were crammed with games leftover. They still had PSOnes! I really should go back and check the prices. Maybe I could find some goodies. There are some pluses to being an older style store.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jasoco
    You see, the problem is they're not a game store.
    I'm not complaining that they don't keep tabs on their stock, I am glad actually. You might have to wait a while for a great deal, but its worth it.
    I am actually considering going to a couple more Kmarts in my area to get some more screens for trade bait/projects. There are like a total of 5 within 20-30 minutes of me. I checked the store locator and was shocked at how many are still around. I thought most of them went out of business. I guess they turned things around.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes. We did actually. We came out of Bankruptcy in 2003 and promptly bought Sears. Yes, WE bought THEM. You wouldn't believe how many people think they bought us.

We're currently in the beginning of a turnaround phase where all the stores that are to be kept will be redone. So far we did 10. They did 10. I make it sund like I work with them. No, I'm just a lowly employee. But yes, it was fun. In a little over 3 months or entire store was redone piece by piece. Entire departments moved. Entire walls painted. Everything was changed. It's much cleaner. Much more open. Bright and shiny and new. But it was only 10 stores nationwide to start. So who knows which ones they were. We're the closest to Philadelphia apparently so we we're one of the top stores. Lucky us. People are still getting used to the changes.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jasoco
    I can't imagine any kmart with a different price since they change them in the computer for all the stores at the same time.
    Do you work at Kmart? I do. It's not hard to imagine. In order for an item to be marked down, they must first make sure it exists in the store. "Activated" if you will. They only mark them down in the individual store computer if it is in stock... read on.

etc etc

I did not say that I didn't understand. I have worked retail before and know it happens. The quote should have been attributed to the previous poster. No big deal but makes me feel I have to defend something I didn't say

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My K Fart had 2, snagged them both. They were marked at $80, so someone missed them a few times. I'm willing to trade/sell them, but I'd want it to be worth my time, if you get what I mean.
    Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Number 1 in the 'hood g!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smokehouse
    I bought a Sony LCD for $13 just about an hour ago. The bad part is that I don’t have a PSONE. Now, I have a few options, take back the $13 screen and buy the $79 combo (PSONE and LCD screen) they have left or buy a used PSONE. Is $80 too much $$ for the combo pack?
    Yes.

i will definetly have to try and get one of these, i just got a PS1 from a friend, and it would rule to add a screen to it.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here is are two mods for these screens you guys might be interested in.

PSOne LCD in a PC
    This mod allows you to take apart the LCD and insert it into the PC case and use it a second display.

Mod PSOne LCD for use with other systems
    This is a mod to get the LCD to work with other systems, like a gamecube for example.

I don't have one of these, so I haven't tried them. The second mod would be great for taking a nes, snes, or other classic console on the road.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I checked out two KMarts on my way home from work, not expecting to find anything. The first one, in Belleville NJ, didn't have any. The second, which was three miles away from the first in Kearny, NJ, had 4, all marked at $13. I bought three of them.
    Leonard Herman
    The Game Scholar
    Publisher of Historical Videogame Books
    http://www.rolentapress.com
    Phoenix 4 coming in 2014

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by erehwon
    Here is are two mods for these screens you guys might be interested in.

PSOne LCD in a PC
    This mod allows you to take apart the LCD and insert it into the PC case and use it a second display.

Mod PSOne LCD for use with other systems
    This is a mod to get the LCD to work with other systems, like a gamecube for example.

I don't have one of these, so I haven't tried them. The second mod would be great for taking a nes, snes, or other classic console on the road.
    a much more effective way of doing that second "mod" and keeping your stereo sound separate is to spend a little more(16.99) at radio shack for a camcorder cable that has the 1/8 jack on one end and the RCA cables on the other. Then you can either run this through a switchbox or just make the RCA cables into female cables with more adapters. i picked one of these up today and i'm playing my gamecube on it now, through a switchbox using this method.

once(if) i get my generation NEX, i'm probably going to try and make one of these actually attach to the back of it, just like it does on the PSOne...although it may be hard to see over famicom carts...

Pretzel (Level 4) Goodwill Hunter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

These Sony camcorder cables are also usually on Ebay, for much less than $17....like HERE.

Rich
    Tomorrow's Past is Yesterday's Future Today!

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Goodwill Hunter
    These Sony camcorder cables are also usually on Ebay, for much less than $17....like HERE.

Rich
    Thanks for posting that link - it reminded me that I have a cable from my old Mavica digicam that works with the screen - I just played some Halo 2 on it. Look out!
    \\ : NUON-Dome : / "The place to go for all things NUON." - Edge Magazine

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Goodwill Hunter

Rich
    NOW YOU TELL ME

argh.