Thread: New titles launching at the Philly Game Show...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default New titles launching at the Philly Game Show...

J2Games.com in Partnership with GoodDealGames.com is proud to offer for the FIRST time at the upcoming Philly Classic Game Show:

Mighty Mighty Missile, a NEW release for the Sega CD!

It's a game of Cat n' Mouse!! Evacuate your mice to safety by loading them into your missile before rival pilots detour your vermin friends and sneak Intergalactic cool cats on board! Brain-twisting Puzzles and Extreme Gameplay Action!! Single Player Action or Addictive Multi-Player Fun!! Take on your buddies in the Four-way Mouse Dash! Play the challenging Puzzle Mode & Stage Challenge to extend the playability of this EXTREMELY ADDICTIVE TITLE! Mighty Mighty Missile game content is evolutive! The more puzzle stages that you clear, the more maps appear in the multi-player modes. PLUS, the more you play, the more BONUS GAMES are unlocked!

Arcade Ambiance 1986! The 3rd installment in the Arcade Ambiance series, Arcade Ambiance 1986 gives you all the sounds of the arcades from a time you most fondly remember!

Bill Kunkel, "The Game Doctor" had this to say about the cd: "I closed my eyes today and took a virtual walk through a mid-80's arcade. I accomplished this seemingly impossible feat via the latest edition to the Arcade Ambiance Series. Soon, I could almost smell the snacks and see the players, hear their arguments and the small sounds of quarters being lined up along the coin-op controller rims in order to determine order of play. Then, like a symphony conductor, my ear would seek out familiar groupings of sound effects and delightfully manic arcade machine music, allowing me to identify a game hear, a game there. But mostly I allowed the sounds of a wonderful past time to simply wash over me. For veteran gamers, this is mood audio of the first order."

Both titles are EXCLUSIVE launches at the Philly Classic Game show in Nov. Visit the J2Games booth to grab your copy! Also going on sale on both the J2Games.com and GoodDealGames.com websites following the show!
    Be sure to check in on J2Games.com!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i hope all the other sega cd games will be there too -- i mised them the last time
    The human operates out of complex superiority demands, self -affirming through ritual, insiting upon a rational need to learn, striving for self-imposed goals, manipulating his environment while he denies his own adaptive abilities, never fully satisfied.
    --Frank Herbert

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Can't wait to see your Missile

Don't know why that makes me laugh...
    It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The 3rd installment in the Arcade Ambiance series, Arcade Ambiance 1986 gives you all the sounds of the arcades from a time you most fondly remember!
    Is this just "arcade" sounds recorded on a CD?

Seems like kind of a waste of time/money to me...

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Koch
    The 3rd installment in the Arcade Ambiance series, Arcade Ambiance 1986 gives you all the sounds of the arcades from a time you most fondly remember!
    Is this just "arcade" sounds recorded on a CD?

Seems like kind of a waste of time/money to me...
    They're actually pretty cool in my opinion. It's not just "arcade" sounds but actually _arcade_ sounds, if you know what I mean. Put this in and it sounds like an arcade really did, as you walk through it. So you might stop by a game and hear it louder, but you'll still hear the rest around you.

It's really cool if you have arcade machines that you want to play and get an 'old school' feel for.
    Dan Loosen
    http://www.goatstore.com/ - http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/
    ** Trying to finish up an overly complete Dreamcast collection... want to help? (Updated 5/3/10!) http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61333

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: New titles launching at the Philly Game Show...

Quote Originally Posted by J2games
    Mighty Mighty Missile, a NEW release for the Sega CD!
    Er... I have a copy of MMM from a prior CGE. What makes this one new?
    Russ Perry Jr, 2175 S Tonne Dr #114, Arlington Hts IL 60005
    Got any obscure game stuff?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Whatever version of Mighty Mighty Missile you have isn't the one we are putting together... it was just returned from the programmers and set out to the printers last week to be ready in time for the show next month! (although I'd be curious to know what you got there!)

as far as Arcade Ambiance, it's actually pretty cool (I have 1981 and 1983 versions and they will be on the site soon!) It's a great addition to background noise in a gameroom or when you are playing games. You honestly feel like you're walking through an arcade, getting closer to some machines while walking further from others. And the key is they are the games that were most prevalent in the arcades the year of the cd (ie 81, 83 and 86.)

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by J2games
    Whatever version of Mighty Mighty Missile you have isn't the one we are putting together... it was just returned from the programmers and set out to the printers last week to be ready in time for the show next month! (although I'd be curious to know what you got there!)
    This one:

http://www.gooddealgames.com/Publish...tyMissile.html

Premiering August 21st at the
    2004 CLASSIC GAMING EXPO
    New England Classic Gaming - Violent fighting to come again!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Like I said earlier, I don't know what game you are referring to, but it isn't this one. We just finished ironing out all the audio bugs in the game and adding the mini games. We also had to go through extensive testing to be certain their were no compatibility issues with the Sega CD. (they used a special type of cd-rom fo these units.)

I'm betting whatever you have isn't branded in the opening screens with the J2Games logo. (how you'll truely be able to tell the difference!)

This was just returned to us by the programmers a week ago to be sent out to the printers so it will be ready in time for the Philly Game Show. It wasn't released last year, this is brand new.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

It has to be the same thing, what are the odds of two identical themes and titles being released? They might not be identical as it sounds you've added something to the title screen and some minigames or something. Follow that link he posted, this was even on the back of the cd case that was posted there "It's a game of Cat n' Mouse!! Evacuate your mice to safety by loading them into your missile before rival pilots detour your vermin friends and sneak Intergalactic cool cats on board! ".

It's been sold before it sure looks to me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

At the previous show, a version of Mighty Mighty Missile was supposed to have been demo'ed by another vendor. They decided instead to sell off the demo copies of the game. This version of the game was buggy and was not supposed to have been released. It was ONLY to Premier at the show and be advertised ONLY with a later release date. (this is from the mouth of GoodDealGames themsleves.)

It ended up wrecking the original partnership between GoodDealGames and the vendor.

J2Games has since stepped in and helped to fund the completion of the programming, correction of errors and buggy audio as well as adding the final content. We are going to launch at the Philly Show what should have been launched months before but was delayed until a new partner could be found.

Hope this clears this up for everyone...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, I'll be in line for one. How much?