Thread: LCD Compatible light gun

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default LCD Compatible light gun

got this off of this page
    http://www.lik-sang.com/news.php?art...&likref=html11

A local Hong Kong manufacturer was showing off a new Gun for PlayStation 2 and Xbox that finally solves the long-lasting compatibility problems with the latest generation of televisions and screens. Be it with 100 Hz, Plasma or LCD, current lightguns for console games all have their issues, for several reasons related to the way they function. Coming with a different approach, this gun comes with a calibration module built-in. You point the gun to your screen and calibrate it by shooting at each of the four corners. After that, the screen area is properly defined and the sensor will also evaluate where you are shooting at. It relies on itself and therefore would work in theory with any type of screen from the past or from the future, even with a Retro-Projector pointed at a wall! Again, only a prototype was on the show, after failing in our theft attempts, we will have to wait until middle of November to get our hands on an evaluation sample, while the public release date is still unknown. Retail price will be set at US$ 39.90 according to the producer of the gun.
    The human operates out of complex superiority demands, self -affirming through ritual, insiting upon a rational need to learn, striving for self-imposed goals, manipulating his environment while he denies his own adaptive abilities, never fully satisfied.
    --Frank Herbert

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    damionitc

Nice

I can honestly say that not having a light gun compatiable screen has been stopping me from buying a newer TV set. If this works out like it says I won't have to limit myself to a CRT (AKA Tube) TV.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vectorman0
    PSN
    Vectorman0

We already know that the standard Revolution controller will operate similarly. I'm willing to bet Sony's next generation GunCon will operate in this manner too. I'm just waiting to see if there is any change in the accuracy/precision in these new things.