Okay, so here's the situation: I bought a small lot on eBay (a Game Gear, plug, and 5 games), and the auction stated that it would be shipped Priority Mail for $10. Today it arrives over a week and a half after my PayPal eCheck cleared, and it was sent parcel post for just a little over $6 in a generic box that was probably reused from something. Now generally I'm happy to pay the shipping costs of auctions I decide to bid on, even if I'm aware that the shipping price is a rip-off; however, I expect to get what the auction promises.

If I was extremely pleased with the auction, I'd probably just forget about it, but the stuff arrived quite worn out and dirty (the seller didn't even bother to wipe the thick layer of dust off of the screen) and smelling heavily of smoke (second auction in a row I've had where the stuff reeked of smoke, which is odd because I've never gotten stuff like this before). Also, it wasn't an especially great deal. The auction wouldn't have even sold had I not bid 10 bucks higher than the second highest bidder's max in order to meet the reserve. So given these circumstances, I'm not so inclined to let the shipping matter slide, as the principle of it is bugging me.

I don't care much to get a refund of the shipping difference (although I would take it if offered :P ), but I'm wondering if you guys think it's worth sending a message to the seller to just ask what is up with it not being sent priority mail. Or perhaps I should mention it in my feedback? The seller still hasn't left feedback, so hopefully I wouldn't piss him off and get a neutral or negative in return, but it wouldn't be the end of the world.

So what would you guys do? Have you been in similar situations?