Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

Quote Originally Posted by hezeuschrist
    I don't wanna be a dick, but your personal friend at GameRush doesn't know how many hes getting. Microsoft hasn't told him anything, we started taking 10 preorders to be conservative, not because Microsoft said anything, but because Blockbuster doesn't have a clue whats going on.

Microsoft hasn't told us a damn thing. We don't have MS, Sony, or Nintendo reps. We get nothing directly from these companies. They all treat us like the bastard child of the Game industry because we have absolutely no ability to move new product due to our ginormous used games sections. On our current new release board we have two up coming games:

"Mark Echo's Getting Up" and
    "Need for Speed: Americas Most Wanted"

The company is clueless.
    Whoa first of it's not game rush in this country, it's just a regualr Blockbuster. Second i said that he said that thigher up's said it would be there.

Quote Originally Posted by njiska
    If the company say they're fine, then the company said they're fine.
    I never said it was confirmed they would be there. In fact i specifically said:

Quote Originally Posted by njiska
    I don't know what to expect but i'll damn well be there to get it.
    That means i'll be there to get it and if it isn't then i'll be pissed.

That being said i think you need to calm down or you might actually be a dick. I agree that the company is fucking clueless, but there's no need to bring that problem into the thread.

Just remember that the Canadian Blockbuster is run by a different management team then the american side. They still suck ass, but it's diferent people fucking it up. Like i said before they've never had a problem getting systems at launch, only games. They've had every system since the DC in store at launch. Only about 10 units or so, but it's usually there.

Now there really is no need for this pointless debate to continue. Come the 22nd i'll have the answer. So let's just put and end to it ok?

Pac-Man (Level 10) hezeuschrist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Hezeuschrist

Just trying to ease the blow come a week from Tuesday.

Trust me, I hope to god we meet preorders or else I too won't be getting one.

I've been with the company for nearly 5 years and you seriously wouldn't beleive how absolutely assanine their practices are. I could list the most ridiculous list of crap that they do to seemingly intentionally lose money.

Viacom dumped them for a reason, they circiling the drain at light speed.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just got back from GameCrazy...the store had about 20 preorders and are getting FOUR units. I'm 18th on the list or so, meaning I'm gonna have to wait a couple of weeks or so after launch.

Additionally, I talked to the manager at the GameStop I used to work at and they're getting MORE 360's than they were originally allotted for their first shipment - meaning that some 2nd shipment folks are actually getting moved UP.

Perhaps the shortage isn't as bad as people are saying after all.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

Quote Originally Posted by hezeuschrist
    Just trying to ease the blow come a week from Tuesday.

Trust me, I hope to god we meet preorders or else I too won't be getting one.

I've been with the company for nearly 5 years and you seriously wouldn't beleive how absolutely assanine their practices are. I could list the most ridiculous list of crap that they do to seemingly intentionally lose money.

Viacom dumped them for a reason, they circiling the drain at light speed.
    Alright then if we get 'em then we meet on live and celebrate, if we don't then will get drunk and wash away the sorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by pacmanhat
    Perhaps the shortage isn't as bad as people are saying after all.
    From what i've heard there may be a slow roll out of consoles. More and more coming every few days.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I imagine the trickle distribution strategy will be exactly what is going to happen (ie : 2-3 shipments a week), which coincides with production capacity. This will also help the hype/media bonanza, because of percieved shortages.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Deftonian
    PSN
    Detonian90
    3DS Friend
    1805-3053-7836

Well I went to my gamestop and they told me they are only receiving eight regular consoles, and four core ones. Although I was like the second to preorder I am 15th on the list because it goes by phone numbers. I am so pissed, what kind of logical list is that!?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nemesis223
    PSN
    Nemesis2233

Quote Originally Posted by Slipdeath
    Well I went to my gamestop and they told me they are only receiving eight regular consoles, and four core ones. Although I was like the second to preorder I am 15th on the list because it goes by phone numbers. I am so pissed, what kind of logical list is that!?

Thats a big load of BS, I would be pissed!

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arkaign
    I imagine the trickle distribution strategy will be exactly what is going to happen (ie : 2-3 shipments a week), which coincides with production capacity. This will also help the hype/media bonanza, because of percieved shortages.
    Which will be hell for us in retail trying to explain why we don't have it for people...
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here is a little secret for everybody on this website, because you guys are my friends and I care about your well being. Yeah right... But still, you guys are cool, so here's the scoop:

it's all about COSTCO baby!!! Costo has a deal for $479.99. Here is what you get:

Premium 360 system ($399.99)
    Extra 360 Wired Controller ($29.99)
    Play N Charge Kit ($29.99)
    Kameo (49.99)

They open at 10am on Tuesday, but that is only for Business customers. You have to wait till 11am for regular Costco customers. I'm going to get in line at my local Costco at about 10:20 am, with a GBA SP in hand, to hold me over while I wait 40 minutes.

By the way, Sam's club has a really good deal too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Don't worry I'm sure there will be plenty of core systems for everyone. So lets say your favorite store says 52 systems available at launch. How many of those are core systems? At least 10-20 of those so the shortage of systems for gamers (not gramma's) is imminent in some places. :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

I was #11 on the list for an Xbox and they only got 9 !!

I walked over to Best Buy across the street and bought one. They had hundreds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Deftonian
    PSN
    Detonian90
    3DS Friend
    1805-3053-7836

Well i made a list of over 50 eligible non game stores, just in case Will costco sell non-bundled systems?

Banana (Level 7) segagamer4life's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avatard
    Bah, there seem to always be shortages on the first run. I completely expect that.

thats true with recent systems, except the xbox which there was a ton of as I remember... but I think this time MS is going to take a page out of sony's book, and under release to make a mint.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony1
    They open at 10am on Tuesday, but that is only for Business customers. You have to wait till 11am for regular Costco customers. I'm going to get in line at my local Costco at about 10:20 am, with a GBA SP in hand, to hold me over while I wait 40 minutes.
    So... if I have access to Costco as a business customer, can I buy a 360 at 10:00? Because I have a business card...
    -Dobie
    NES, SNES, & Gameboy Collector

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i read multiple websites saying this, many stores only getting 1/3 of there stock, they are saying once the 1st shipment is gone anyone who didnt pre-order will have to wait till around april to get one
    Got it in you?
    www.anipike.com

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Here's what I heard...

Here's the rumors I got...
    Walmart - each store gets 6
    EB Games - each store gets 20% (one store was 18 other 28)
    GameCrazy - 9, but they said they would have plenty of the $299 units.
    Bestbuy - Getting 50 units, no preorders. They were supposed to get 100.

I believe these numbers are all $399 packages, no numbers on the $299's.

Even thogh the majority of preorders are for $399 bundles Microsoft is releasing a majority of $299 in order to control costs and to force you to buy the HD and etc. separate. This way they lose to money on the systems. I think they lose some money on the $399 bundle.

I'll pay the extra for the HD and such if I have to but I think I'm safe. EB called me today and told me to come pick up my system at Midnight on Monday. I was 32 on the list (they were alotted 28 units?), but they may have gotten more, or they are assuming not everyone will show.

I believe the systems are being alotted as they are produced so that there will be increasing fill of the preorders over the next nine days.

I already got Kameo so I better have a system for Thanksgiving or ... something...

Later,
    Trebuken

L

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I talked to a Gamestop employee the other day, and he said that they are only getting in 12.

Whoever paid money first, gets it first. Not whether you paid more, just paid at all.

My Collection:
    users.ign.com/collection/fc3sRX7gxl

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slipdeath
    Ok, whoever told you that is a complete idiot. The list is made in alphabetical AND chronological. It should be an excel document with tabs at the button to switch between lists. The alpha. is so we can find people by name easily and the chronological is so we can determine who gets the systems first. They are supposed to go strictly by who reserved it first to determine who gets it with everyone on first shipment guaranteed a system and some 2nd ships too.

Quote Originally Posted by smokehouse
    Not that I told any of you personally but I called this months ago. This happened to me on the PS2 when EB Games put me at #300+ when all the got was 30 some units. I cancelled my order the day before launch, got my money back and bought one at K Mart on launch day. These places are liars, plain and simple. They tell everyone that comes in that they will be getting a console and when they don’t, they claim some sort of unknown shortage. It’s a scam. They take and hold your money; you get the shaft and a console far past launch day.
    Wow, well either you have dealt with a poorly run store in the past or you chose not to listen. At GS we took "Guaranteed" preorders for about 2 weeks and then started "2nd Shipment" preorders with no guarantee of a pickup date. We told everyone who reserved one on the 2nd shipment exactly that, you're on our list but we dont have an idea of exactly when we will have yours. And what do you know, we will be getting ALL guaranteed preorders filled AND about 10 2nd ships also. So its not a lie or scam its a matter of what you want to hear and who happens to be talking to you.

Also, they dont hold your money hostage, every place I know of will refund your money for a preorder if you change your mind, so if you can find it somewhere else earlier so be it. So dont go making asinine statements with blatant lies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm sure there will be loads of them up for sale on eBay on launch day for $600-$700 each. And you know what, sadly they'll probably sell.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just went to my local GameCrazy yesterday to see where I was on the waiting list. I was 5th. I have mine completely paid for. So if they get 5 premium versions, then I'm cool. Only thing is, I don't know if they are going to open at Midnight, which kinda sucks.

At another GameCrazy, I'm the very first person on the list, and I also have it totally paid off. So I know I'm going to get my 360 at that store. I really doubt that this GameCrazy will be open on midnight.

You might wonder why I'm buying two 360's? Well, originally, I planned on buying two of them, and keeping both of them. Mainly because I need a extra HD component cable ($40) and a extra wireless controller ($50). So it's like getting $90 off another 360.

But now, I don't know... I might end up selling one of them. If the prices get really out of control, then I might not be able to help myself.

Gamefly just sent me an email saying that Kameo was on the way to my house. They should be sending me NBA 2K6 as well.