Thread: Hasbro "NEMO"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hasbro "NEMO"

I looked here -- "Console DataBase" -- and here -- "Ultimate Console DataBase" but nada ....

I think it was supposed ta be interactive VCR or somethin' like that ....

Tom "Digital Pictures" Zito was involved with it.
    As a matter of fact, in either SEGA CD's "Sewer Shark" or "Night Trap", there's supposed ta be an Easter Egg that shows a "NEMO" presentation demo video with Zito in a boardroom.

Anybody know where ta go ta get more info on this cool never released machine?
    And is this video online?

Thanks In Advance!
    CLICK > "paisleyATOM" -- Your Source For 68000 Apple Computer Entertainment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

it was a vhs game system (in a way like interactive vision or captain power) that would incorporate the movie from the vhs into some gameplay elements. the system was rumored to be about $300 due to costs and was going to be released in the laste 80's. however with the nes being the most popular system at the time and selling for $99 they decided not to compete. tom zito took the games to sega instead and the rest is history. by the way, nolan bushnell had a hand in the whole matter as well!

to see the footage you speak of in night trap just beat or lose the game and watch the credits until the words, "In Memory of Stephen D. Hassenfeld" come up on the screen. Press Up, A, A, A, A, A to see a small movie of Tom Zito and others demonstrating a prototype of a game called "Scene of the Crime" (night trap) to Hasbro executives in 1986.
    www.worldofgamespublishing.com
    Now you know, and knowing is half the battle!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Okie-Dokie !

Quote Originally Posted by World Of Games
    It was a VHS game system ....
    Thought so ....

... Nolan Bushnell had a hand in the whole matter as well!
    lol Interesting!

To see the footage you speak of in "Night Trap", just beat or lose the game and watch the credits until the words, "In Memory of Stephen D. Hassenfeld" come up on the screen.
    Press Up, A, A, A, A, A to see a small movie of Tom Zito and others demonstrating a prototype of a game called "Scene of the Crime" -- "Night Trap" -- to Hasbro executives in 1986.
    COOLness!
    Thanks, World!

Later!
    CLICK > "paisleyATOM" -- Your Source For 68000 Apple Computer Entertainment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

no problem, i am a big interactive movie game fan (one of very few) and would have loved to have this system. i have the complete digital pictures collection on every major system they made for (pc,sega cd,32x,saturn,3do)
    www.worldofgamespublishing.com
    Now you know, and knowing is half the battle!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Captain J
    Tom Zito and others demonstrating a prototype of a game called "Scene of the Crime" (night trap) to Hasbro executives in 1986.

Now, as I understand it, the prototype of "Scene of the Crime" has the video footage of "Night Trap" and if it was shown in late 1986, then when exactly was Night Trap filmed? It's kinda funny, cause we didn't get Night Trap till 1992, 6 years later. I wonder if Night Trap was originally filmed in 1985 or 1984 or earlier in 1986 or what. When playing Night Trap, you definitely notice that 80's vibe. It's also interesting to note that Sewer Shark was filmed around the same time as Night Trap. Does anybody know when Sewer Shark was actually filmed?

I wonder if all of Digital Pictures movies were shot in 35mm, and if the original film stock still exists. If so, it could actually be converted to High Definition 1080p and released in a 25th anniversary edition for the Playstation 3 in the year 2010. (assuming Night Trap was filmed in 1985)