Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: DS VS. PSP - Ownage

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by esquire View Post
    I find it amusing that people complain that they are being forced to pay for the Blu-ray player, but many of these people have no problem shelling out the money for a Wii, whose games all could have developed on the Gamecube (Zelda). So essentially they're paying $250-$300 to play Gamecube games with the Wiimote.
    I think the reason why people using the word "forced" when it comes to the BR player in the PS3 is that they think its for HD movies only. If this was the case i would agree upto a certaint point since it wouldnt do anything to the games, but thats not how it is.

I would like to know which console(s) that allows you to choose the media to use

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have both consoles and I like both of them, but I usually play PSP more because of the PS1 emu. I have 10 PSP games and 7 NDS games (now playing Castlevania PoR).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by esquire View Post
    Well obviously, and IT DOESN'T ADD ANYTHING TO THE CONSOLE. The whole point of my post is that PS3 Blu-ray drive/player does add to the console, and the ability to watch HD movies is simply an added bonus beyond that.
    Yeah, I know that the Blu Ray player is used for games as well. But if Sony were interested in making a game player more than they were in winning the DVD format war they wouldn't have forced their users into investing in something as expensive as a Blue Ray player. There were other options that they could have used. A simple non proprietary double layered DVD player would have been more than sufficient. But no, Sony insisted on using the PS3 as a tool to help cover their costly media war.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Griking View Post
    A simple non proprietary double layered DVD player would have been more than sufficient.
    A dual layer DVD only fits 8.4GB, thats what PS2, Xbox, 360 and Wii uses. A pretty old technoligy, certainly not next-gen stuff. 8.4GB might be enough for todays games, but they are reaching the 8.4GB limit fast. Less space means that the developers must sacrifice stuff.

There were plans to release 2 PS2 versions, one with CD-ROM and one with DVD-ROM. Some ment that CD was enough. In the begining there were many small PS2 games, some were even CD based so it was enough space then, but look at God of War 2, its like 8.1GB large and this is a PS2 game.
    Last edited by jajaja; 03-18-2007 at 05:50 AM.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ozyr View Post
    What the heck is wrong with the GBA SP or DS screen? I see no issue with screen size at all. Yeah, the PSP has a bigger screen and such. So what. It all comes down to what people like. God, I'm so tired of the PSP vs DS debate. I like the DS and GBA myself, but that doesn't mean I hate the PSP. Each to there own.

Also, you state that Nintendo has Sony to thank for their sales of the DS - according to your quote. Sounds rather odd to me!?
    My point mr. frankentstein head is was without the looming psp in the market nintendo hand helds would still be in the dark.
    VF & SF The Originals!

KOF & Tekken The Clones!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Trust me, but the size IS needed. Textures can be made much better, and we can have more videos (making of and so on without having to swap discs).
    DVD9 is way to old, especially in 2-3 years.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This topic is still being posted to as a Company vs. Company war. Why can't everyone go back to being gamers and requesting the good games.
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Game Informer #168
    "During it's third quarter fiscal report, Sony admitted that worldwide shipping numbers for the PSP handheld were down by 72% from last year. Only 1.76 million were sent out to stores."
    Ouch!

Under "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by attilathehun View Post
    My point mr. frankentstein head is was without the looming psp in the market nintendo hand helds would still be in the dark.
    You are so full of it...... GET BENT!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I seek strength, not to be greater than by brother, but to fight my greatest enemy - myself!"
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Ozyr's Odyssey2 Archive!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

not having to use multiple disks in a game is a nice feature... so long as it doesnt cost anything extra. its not something worth spending 200 dollars for.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't have a PSP but think it would be a good investment when they redesign the sucker later this year and *hopefully* drop the price.

The DS graphics are lacking, sure...but it's small, has great battery life and has the best overall library for portable gaming right now (for a system still being supported, that is)