Thread: Great New eBay Service Charges For What Used to Be Free

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Great New eBay Service Charges For What Used to Be Free

For the low price of only $9.99 a month you can now view a history of what certain items have sold for over the past three months.

Link

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yecch. That sucks.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's damn abusrd that they gonna ask money for seeing past auctions. But as they have almost a monopoly in online-auctions they can do it. I think they can ask money for it, but then I would like to search back a lot longer then three months as rare games don't show up that much. If they would let me access the whole history of eBay it would be worth the money, but this is just stupid, asking 10 bucks for something which was always free.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

complete bullshit lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vectorman0
    PSN
    Vectorman0

Does anyone know if google caches all ebay auctions? It'll be impossible to link to auctions in the forum anymore if they are going to die after two weeks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't know if any of this is a new change. You've only been able to see 15 days worth of Ebay auctions via searching on Ebay for quite awhile now. If you have the item number or a link to the item page you can view it for either 60 or 90 days. I would be willing to pay a fee to see completed auctions for a much longer period of time than 3 months. www.smartcollector.com and www.andale.com have similar research services available now. Smartcollector is free but kind of crappy. I think they may only save certain searches or categories. I haven't tried Andale because it is $7.95 a month and I haven't figured out how far back the searches go.
    y-bot

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

With an item number you can see much further back than just 90 days. Try item #8197875585. It ended June 15th and is still up today on November 14th (5 months later).
    Completed 60+ trades here on digital press.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by 8bitnes
    With an item number you can see much further back than just 90 days. Try item #8197875585. It ended June 15th and is still up today on November 14th (5 months later).
    From my experience, I've seen that auctions tend to stay up for 3 months from the date of feedback. If you leave feedback a day after an auction ends, it will be gone in 3 months and a day. But if you leave feedback for that auction 3 months after it ends, it will stay up for another three months, for a total of 6 months from the closing date, which may be the absolute maximum. I tested this myself once and my test auction stayed up for the full 6 months.
    "And remember ladies: if it ain't tight, it ain't right!"

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Morbis
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bitnes
    From my experience, I've seen that auctions tend to stay up for 3 months from the date of feedback. If you leave feedback a day after an auction ends, it will be gone in 3 months and a day. But if you leave feedback for that auction 3 months after it ends, it will stay up for another three months, for a total of 6 months from the closing date, which may be the absolute maximum. I tested this myself once and my test auction stayed up for the full 6 months.
    So what happens if you sell an item, 89 days later you receive positive feedback, can you leave positive 89 days after that (while its still up) and then essentially will the item be up for about 270 days?
    Completed 60+ trades here on digital press.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here are a pair of auctions I won back on June 1st this year,

Draster patch

Barnstorming patch

Feedback was posted on June 6, only 5 days later & that was from both me & FND, we both posted on the same day. Links still working over 5 months since feedbacks were posted.

5 months seems to be the dropoff point for most of mine in the videogame catagory. I think some of it has to do with the catagory & just how active they are. DVD catagories & most media in general are so over populated that ebay is probably forced to erase some before others.

Feedback can certainly be posted after the 90 day period, but usually the auction link goes inactive after about the 3 month mark, so it's harder for people to find. I don't think the timeframe for feedback postings effect the length of time an auction stays active.

Regarding this new feature, I hope they do not remove the standard search feature as it stands now. I think they could offer this service as an addition to the ended auction search, and still make money with it. I will be pissed if they add a block of some type to the completed auction search. :/