Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got a call from Gamerush about my 360 pre-order

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Got a call from Gamerush about my 360 pre-order

...and guess what? I'm not getting one on launch. I don't know if this is true and applies to all Gamerush stores, but the employee that called me said that his store is only getting 6 systems in. I was #7 on the pre-order list (go figure). He said MS told them there was a manufacturing problem on the 360's, so they were doing a recall to fix them. Supposedly, that's the reason why there is a shortage but personally I don't buy it. Said the stores would be getting shipments every week after launch though, so I *should* get mine then.

Sorry about the bitching. I just needed to rant and give some info to anyone that pre-ordered a 360 at Gamerush.

Great Puma (Level 12) Darth Sensei's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Don't be sorry, I'd be pissed as hell about it and bitching about it loudly inside the store.
    DP Feedback

I am Darth Sensei on Xbox Live as well.

Yo Joe! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

Shortage due to hardware problem? Possible, but I doubt it. The Xbox 360 is highly allocated throughout North America, therefore, many stores ended up taking way more pre-orders than they'll receive consoles.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Diskoboy74

Default Re: Got a call from Gamerush about my 360 pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by norkusa
    ...and guess what? I'm not getting one on launch. I don't know if this is true and applies to all Gamerush stores, but the employee that called me said that his store is only getting 6 systems in. I was #7 on the pre-order list (go figure). He said MS told them there was a manufacturing problem on the 360's, so they were doing a recall to fix them. Supposedly, that's the reason why there is a shortage but personally I don't buy it. Said the stores would be getting shipments every week after launch though, so I *should* get mine then.

Sorry about the bitching. I just needed to rant and give some info to anyone that pre-ordered a 360 at Gamerush.
    A manufacturing problem? Thats total BS. But I can understand about the 6 consoles... I've never heard of this chain/store. That's probably why you're getting hosed. Most places I've talked to are getting around 15-30 of both system packages. But the 'recall'? Thats a lie.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That recall is NOT bs. A bunch of video game journalists and magazines have non working units and a letter was sent out by Microsoft that they are INDEED defective, and they will need to be replaced.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For what its worth, the 360 kiosk at my local Gamestop had an out of order sign on it. I don't know if that's just a coincidence or a sign of a larger problem

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by diskoboy
    A manufacturing problem? Thats total BS. But I can understand about the 6 consoles... I've never heard of this chain/store. That's probably why you're getting hosed. Most places I've talked to are getting around 15-30 of both system packages. But the 'recall'? Thats a lie.
    Gamerush are games stores owned by Blockbuster. Kind of like Hollywood Video's Gamecrazy stores but the stores are located inside of BB stores. They aren't in all states yet though so that's probably why you haven't seen any yet.

Never had a problem getting my DS and PSP at launch from Gamerush. Each store only took 10 pre-orders for the 360, so I thought I'd be getting one for sure. :/

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

There's a possible overheating problem on the 360 so that could be the reason why.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CueWarrior
    Don't be sorry, I'd be pissed as hell about it and bitching about it loudly inside the store.
    I'm sorry, but what in the hell is that going to do? Sure, yell at the employees, who have absolutely no control over a situation and make other customers feel uncomfortable. Sounds like a great idea to me.
    Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Number 1 in the 'hood g!

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Even if there is a hardware problem and MS fixes it, there'll probably still be some other sort of problem found after the launch. When you buy the newest and greatest, you pay a premium and you take your chances.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

There is a hardware problem with some of the pre-release xboxs but there's no word on whether or not it's in the retail one. Refer to Kotaku.com and Joystiq.com for more.

Sorry but i don't have time to post the direct link. i'll get it up after i get home.

UPDATE: Here's the story link.
    http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/xbox-36...ive-138007.php

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah - the employees have no choice. I'd call and yell at Microsoft. They are trying to create artificial demand by "selling out" the system at all stores. They don't want people to be able to find the system the first week after release - they are purposefully creating this year's Furby or TickleMeElmo for media hype.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by njiska
    There is a hardware problem with some of the pre-release xboxs but there's no word on whether or not it's in the retail one. Refer to Kotaku.com and Joystiq.com for more.
    When I talked to the guy from Gamerush, he said that it was all the 360 consoles manufactured since August that had the problems. Don't know if that's true but that's what he told me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There was a news release saying that there was going to be a significant shortage of 360's on launch day. I wrote something on it and it would have been on the front page if Joe wasn't so busy with his store and stuff.
    Rumors were saying that Gamestops, EBs, Gamerushs, etc, were only going to be getting 8 - 10 consoles.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

From all the reports I am hearing there will be a shortage of 360's at least in the St. Louis area. Most stores are not getting very many and this includes large stores known for having a lot of systems on launch days.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by norkusa
    He said MS told them there was a manufacturing problem on the 360's, so they were doing a recall to fix them.
    There was definitely a manufacturing problem - IBM couldn't crank out the chips fast enough! Don't know about a recall though, and I don't think Microsoft would like about that...

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Best Buy in my area was having problems with the display unit overheating too, but I'm thinking that the problem lies in the clear plastic case that the system was enclosed in--there are zero airholes for hot air to escape. Essentially, the Xbox would be recycling the hot air it ejects to cool itself. The plastic was slightly warm to the touch too. Not totally sure this was the actual source of the issue, but I could see it being a potential problem if the console was on for a long period of time. I'm no airflow expert though.
    -Dobie
    NES, SNES, & Gameboy Collector

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mightymango

Wow, here is a big surprise. A "next" generation console that is going to have a shortage, reminds me of the PS2. Microsoft is just trying to create hype and the consumers lose out in the process.
    Part of the #Vbender Crew

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

Quote Originally Posted by s1lence
    Wow, here is a big surprise. A "next" generation console that is going to have a shortage, reminds me of the PS2. Microsoft is just trying to create hype and the consumers lose out in the process.
    While that is the rumour. the facts are starting to point in the other direction. It really does look like a manufacturing problem has cut down unit stock. It's also important to note that many companies were taking pre-oreders long before the system even entered production so the blame for over pre-selling is as much there fault as MS's.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CueWarrior
    What good would this do? Every retailer gout their allocations slashed in half about two weeks ago. Gamerush, Gamestop, EB, Best Buy, Target....

This is NOT the RETAILER'S fault. This is MICROSOFT'S fault. Bitching at the store won't accomplish anything other than making yourself look like a complete jerk.