Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: OFFICIAL XBOX 360 Camping / Launch Day Stories (renamed)

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by esquire
    Quote Originally Posted by heybtbm
    After reading the 360 launch day stories and hearing a few firsthand, a prediction:

Someone gets shot during the melee of the PS3 launch.

You heard it here first.
    It got pretty close to that with the XBOX 360 launch. As posted in the other thread that got locked:

Police restore peace after Md. shoppers war over Xbox 360

Also, I heard on the local radio and from the manager at my local EB that the Gamestop in Hamtramck, Michigan (a city/enclave in the middle of Detroit) was robbed during their midnight opening/launch. Apparently, the manager was tied up and all of the 360 consoles were stolen. It appears no one was hurt, but I imagine a gun or knife was used in the robbery. If I can find a link, I'll post that one too.
    HAHAHAHAH That is 45 minutes from me. I find it hilarious because Elkton has a bad reputation for being "hickish" So I can assure that the store manager MOST LIKELY wasn't the brightest crayon in the box

What did he think was gonna happen? People were gonna march in line single file on a first come first serve basis? I hope he loses his job due to poor management decisions.
    #vbender

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, I heard about that on the radio as well. A bunch of PSP's were stolen as well. I heard that they were tied up with a telephone cord, and that just adds humor to the situation.
    Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Number 1 in the 'hood g!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here's some pictures from the XBOX 360 camp out in San Diego.

Chula Vista Best Buy to be exact... camped out at 2 PM on the 21st... until 9 AM the next day. Ended up taking slots 3-12 with my friends. We even set up a Tekken 5 tournament on the side lol.

- MarkMan
    www.SDTEKKEN.com - SAN DIEGO TEKKEN
    www.tekkenzaibatsu.com - Tekken Zaibatsu

Idle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Of all the bickering over the morality of selling new consoles on ebay for exorbitant sums only days after its launch reminds me of my boyfriend's get rich quick sceme. With all the hype over the 360, the hype over the PS3 will be identical if not more, so as soon as reserves are announced for it, he's going to reserve a console and a bunch of games and accessories, then once launch time comes around and people are crazily scrambling to get their hands on one, he's going to put his pre-order up for sale and watch the offers roll in. Sure it's pretty sneaky, but it's a great idea. It's the American way to turn a profit any way you can. I don't know why people are so upset about it. Stores do the same thing. Especially when a product is in high demand and they mark up the price because they know people will still buy it and they'll make even more money. It's also why there are never any sales or discounts on consoles, so that the companies can turn a profit, because the price they have to pay to buy consoles from the manufacturers isn't that much less than retail price. Retailers only make a buck or two off every console they sell. That's why we don't even get employee discounts (even though Toys R Us only gets a cheap, lame-ass 10%)

Can you really blame people for wanting to make money? Sometimes it's just plain greed and sometimes they really need the extra dough to get by, but making money is the American way, and you can complain all you want but it's never gonna change.
    ~Gaz~

"Video games develop hand-eye coordination and turn children into better human beings!" ~ Professor Membrane on Invader ZIM"

Animal Crossing Info:
    Town: Odnetnin
    Name: Gaz
    Code: 0730-7620-4738
    Fruits: Pears, Peaches
    Gates Open: Random

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I mean I'm gonna try to get a PS3 directly here in Japan and sell it off on Ebay.

why not? you just fulfiil the people's demand.
    Guns don't kill people,
    Chuck Norris kills people!

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

After reading all of the whining posts about kids crying because they didn't get a system, here's what i'm going to do at Revolution and PS3 launch. I'm going to go into work early (if I'm working or not), and I am going to buy however many systems I can afford. If I have $2000 in the bank, Ill spend $2000 on the released console. Just to piss off those kids, and give them a reason to cry. Ill buy all of the systems that my work has, I'll keep one, and put the rest up on ebay. Just to piss them off even more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If they give you more then one.

When the Dreamcast sale started in Japan, a friend got one, but was not allowed to buy another one!
    Guns don't kill people,

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GameSlaveGaz
    Of all the bickering over the morality of selling new consoles on ebay for exorbitant sums only days after its launch reminds me of my boyfriend's get rich quick sceme. With all the hype over the 360, the hype over the PS3 will be identical if not more, so as soon as reserves are announced for it, he's going to reserve a console and a bunch of games and accessories, then once launch time comes around and people are crazily scrambling to get their hands on one, he's going to put his pre-order up for sale and watch the offers roll in. Sure it's pretty sneaky, but it's a great idea. It's the American way to turn a profit any way you can. I don't know why people are so upset about it. Stores do the same thing. Especially when a product is in high demand and they mark up the price because they know people will still buy it and they'll make even more money. It's also why there are never any sales or discounts on consoles, so that the companies can turn a profit, because the price they have to pay to buy consoles from the manufacturers isn't that much less than retail price. Retailers only make a buck or two off every console they sell. That's why we don't even get employee discounts (even though Toys R Us only gets a cheap, lame-ass 10%)

Can you really blame people for wanting to make money? Sometimes it's just plain greed and sometimes they really need the extra dough to get by, but making money is the American way, and you can complain all you want but it's

never gonna change.
    your boyfriend is a genius.

i saw a few 360s yesterday,all cores though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

whats up with all these "dress up as santa"-auctions you see on Ebay?

linked to some cars or even houses for several million dollars???
    Guns don't kill people,

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just found out that had I stuck w/ my original reserve and not picked up a core on launch, it'd be there for me in another week or so from now (probably, anyway). It made me wonder for a while if I should've held out...but I think I made the right choice. It's the same system, and that matters more than the extra junk that comes with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Quote Originally Posted by pacmanhat
    It made me wonder for a while if I should've held out...but I think I made the right choice. It's the same system, and that matters more than the extra junk that comes with it.
    Sounds like someone is trying to rationalize a bad impulse purchase. I wouldn't call the $100.00 HD and $50.00 wireless controller "junk".

I don't think anyone who bought a core this past week did so for any other reason than they had no choice. I can't imagine anyone passing up the $400 system for the $300 version.

Don't feel bad though, I'm sure every "Core" package buyer has been trying to convince themselves of the same thing all week.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Im waiting for all of these rumors to come true for the next shipment. Many people are saying stores will get their next shipment in on tuesday because that would be 1 week from launch. I will be calling up stores monday night and tuesday morning to see if they got any shipments.

Visit my YouTube page: Pete's Game Room

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yeah i heard that there might be a shipment coming in on Friday and some other said the 16th of December but as you know it can be false information but keep on checking as I am since gamecrazy didnt guarantee my pre ordered system on launch date dammit ....Good luck !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

so who else here will be camping out at beat buy on the 17th/18th? Im getting there as early as I need to to make sure I get one. Hopefuly I can get one before then so I dont gotta wait out in the freezing cold.

Visit my YouTube page: Pete's Game Room