Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Walmart is going to cause riots w/their 360 rules!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Walmart is going to cause riots w/their 360 rules!

I have the lovely misfortune of working at Walmart and I just found this out yesterday. They've decided to be a bit nazi like in their sales of the 360. First off if you're in line and you go to the bathroom, or leave it for any other reason you lose your place in line. Second you can't have anyone hold your place in line. Today the district manager is calling our store manager and everyother store manager in the district and will most likely be dumping off more rules.

I remember things being alot more civil at Walmart when the first XBox came out. Of course Walmart has gone from being pricks to outright jerkoffs these past few years. I remember the first XBox launch because I was working that night and I called dad from work an asked him to come down an sit in line and pick me up one. Everyone that came in time got a number and that was that, no fighting, no you're screwed if you get up to go to the bathroom.

Somehow I just see fights breaking out at Walmart because of this kinda stuff.
    My collection | [url=http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53486&highlight=ulticron[/url]

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's like da Jingle All Da Way!

GET DA TURBO MAN DOOLL!

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

*Double post

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Walmart is going to cause riots w/their 360 rules!

Quote Originally Posted by Ulticron
    Somehow I just see fights breaking out at Walmart because of this kinda stuff.
    Good. Maybe some of that d-bag sect of people known as career retail managers will learn a stern lesson. No offense meant to anyone who happens to work retail here (I have done plently of time at Funcoland, and had a very cool boss there), but you all know the kind of people I'm talking about. Take it out on the store not the customers, jerks.

There is no reason to do it this way other than posturing. I hate people like that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    kejoriv

Well that sucks, I went to the Walmart near my house. Its a pretty busy store. Spoke with the electronics manager there, they are getting 2 systems, one of each on launch day. Im really glad I asked and didnt wait in line at 5am on the 22nd.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    zebrassss

What are they going to have security guards standing next to the line?

Someone will put their foot out of the imaginary line, and one of the guards will be like "Sir, you're going to have to go to the back, I saw you're foot, it was clearly over the line."

Now I doubt they're going to be that strict, and they probably will bend the rules a little bit, unless the district manager will be there the whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskers the Wonder Cat

GET DA TURBO MAN DOOLL!
    That movie is funny, I usually watch it around christmas time every year.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That's what happens when you shop at Walmart, they close other business, supe up their stores, and run the marketplace...

If you didnt know, I am anti-walmart. I think i've bought 2 items there this past year. Couldve bought them elsewhere, but everywhere else was sold out.

Boycott Walmart, or screw over the industry...

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There's K-Mart, and Wal-Mart.

I'm still waiting for O-Mart.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

NO XBOX 360 FOR YOU. NEXT.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It is happening all over, the game stores I went to yesterday had people piss off wanting to get a refund on there large deposit so they can go camp out somewhere. A logistical nightmare. I was sad wacthing the managers go through the deposit receipts trying to figure out what was able to be refunded. Totally stressed. It is too time consuming.

Forget the ps2 launch this is the worst handling of a System launch I have ever seen. The game stores corperate management has left the store's crew to fend for themselves.

I have never seen so many people who paid for launch systems come away empty handed. I see no point of a midnight release stores staying open into the wee hours for what 20 sales. Every launch I been involved I at least the paid people got theres and the subsequent shippments were delayed.

I wish there was a way to make microsoft pay.
    To make matter worse you see Paris Hilton walking with her xbox 360 probably free and she never put a dime in microsoft pocket buying games , live etc. I have never bought a game or system based on a star endorsing it.
    It totally sucks.
    neo geo system

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Jibbajaba

Quote Originally Posted by gepeto
    To make matter worse you see Bea Arthur walking with her xbox 360 probably free and she never put a dime in microsoft pocket buying games , live etc. I have never bought a game or system based on a star liking it.
    It totally sucks.
    Really? I bought my PSP based solely on the fact that it was endorsed by Rue MacLanahan, and I couldn't be happier.

Chris

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Young_Machete

My store said they aren't going to release them until 7 a.m. despite Wal-Mart ads saying otherwise, I'm just glad I don't have to work tonight and have to be the one to tell people that. I remember the Midnight release of the Harry Potter book, people were crowding around them like vultures and that was for a god damn book. I can't even begin the imagine what will happen with the 360.

Breaking Bad 3x02 - Caballo Sin Nombre

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskers the Wonder Cat

GET DA TURBO MAN DOOLL!
    I'M NOT A PERVERT!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i dont understand why people get so crasy over these things - what happend to patience

this is not a product release story but last year nov 25th (black friday) in CT there was a walmart (or best buy) that had thier door smashed open by an angry mob becasue they didnt open the door exactly at what ever the opening time was
    The human operates out of complex superiority demands, self -affirming through ritual, insiting upon a rational need to learn, striving for self-imposed goals, manipulating his environment while he denies his own adaptive abilities, never fully satisfied.
    --Frank Herbert

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

the district manager doesnt give a damn, its not like he is the one that will have to clean up the piss/shit left by customers that wont get out of line

Pac-Man (Level 10) hezeuschrist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Hezeuschrist

Insane. This is completely retarded.

K-Mart isn't even GETTING any, let alone lines for any of them or anything. My Gamerush store only got half of its Premiums which seems like a god send considering we didn't even get our Cores. I was going to buy a core but it seems they simply aren't making that many hard drives. They're sold out entirely on the web and aren't going to be in stores anytime soon either.

I can't imagine how much shit MS is going to take for this. The media will put a fucking smile on and say, "Oh, it's the new hot christmas item! haha, back to you Chuck" without actually pointing a finger at how horribly this is being handled.

Maybe it was a bit naieve of me to think I'd actually be able to find a premium, but camping out for 14 hours IN Meijer? Jesus, how are you going to eat, or go to the bathroom? One parent there had his child there since 10am... didn't the kid have school today? What the hell?

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I went to the EB Games in Menomonee Falls WI (which is right next to a Walmart) today at 2PM and there were already 9 people in line. It's not exactly warm out there right now, so that makes it all the more amusing!

Great Puma (Level 12) -hellvin-'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This whole thing is just sad.

The worst store of all has to be mine:

BEST BUY

We got around 50 pro and 12 core and they BUNDLED EVERY SINGLE ONE. They increased the core price to almost 700 dollars adding in the harmony remote and hard drive among other things. The pro package they have anywhere from 800 - 1000. It's just rediculous seeing the amount of greed and bullshit they're just trying to shove down people's throats.

In the end, they'll pay for it anyhow. I garuntee people who only want the pro system will come RIGHT BACK and return all of the shit they threw in there and massacre the numbers for the store that day. Hey, it's there funeral. I've pretty much given up on buying one. Mostly, it's just too expensive, but if I had the oppurtunity, I'd probably still get one regardless, mostly because my old xbox died. With the amount of calls I've gotten today, it looks like there's going to be way more pandemonium over this than I really thought there ever was going to be. Unless I somehow get REALLY lucky, I highly doubt I'll find one ANYWHERE after getting off work tomorrow at 2pm. Should be interesting seeing a lot of pissed off people at 9am being forced to buy those dumb bundles.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by -hellvin-

BEST BUY

We got around 50 pro and 12 core and they BUNDLED EVERY SINGLE ONE. They increased the core price to almost 700 dollars adding in the harmony remote and hard drive among other things. The pro package they have anywhere from 800 - 1000. It's just rediculous seeing the amount of greed and bullshit they're just trying to shove down people's throats.

In the end, they'll pay for it anyhow. I garuntee people who only want the pro system will come RIGHT BACK and return all of the shit they threw in there and massacre the numbers for the store that day. Hey, it's there funeral. I've pretty much given up on buying one. Mostly, it's just too expensive, but if I had the oppurtunity, I'd probably still get one regardless, mostly because my old xbox died. With the amount of calls I've gotten today, it looks like there's going to be way more pandemonium over this than I really thought there ever was going to be. Unless I somehow get REALLY lucky, I highly doubt I'll find one ANYWHERE after getting off work tomorrow at 2pm. Should be interesting seeing a lot of pissed off people at 9am being forced to buy those dumb bundles.
    Can they do that? the sunday add said nothing about a bundle pricing. Are they telling the people before they wait for hours?
    neo geo system

Great Puma (Level 12) captain nintendo's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by -hellvin-

BEST BUY

Your joking right? They bundled every single one
    Safe to say that I will not be checking there.

"until all are one" - Optimus Prime
    Link to collection:
    http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/...der=Collection

R.I.P. Michael "Nepenthean" Collins
    You will not be forgotten.