Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Walmart is going to cause riots w/their 360 rules!

Great Puma (Level 12) -hellvin-'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gepeto
    Quote Originally Posted by -hellvin-
    This whole thing is just sad.

The worst store of all has to be mine:

BEST BUY

We got around 50 pro and 12 core and they BUNDLED EVERY SINGLE ONE. They increased the core price to almost 700 dollars adding in the harmony remote and hard drive among other things. The pro package they have anywhere from 800 - 1000. It's just rediculous seeing the amount of greed and bullshit they're just trying to shove down people's throats.

In the end, they'll pay for it anyhow. I garuntee people who only want the pro system will come RIGHT BACK and return all of the shit they threw in there and massacre the numbers for the store that day. Hey, it's there funeral. I've pretty much given up on buying one. Mostly, it's just too expensive, but if I had the oppurtunity, I'd probably still get one regardless, mostly because my old xbox died. With the amount of calls I've gotten today, it looks like there's going to be way more pandemonium over this than I really thought there ever was going to be. Unless I somehow get REALLY lucky, I highly doubt I'll find one ANYWHERE after getting off work tomorrow at 2pm. Should be interesting seeing a lot of pissed off people at 9am being forced to buy those dumb bundles.
    Can they do that? the sunday add said nothing about a bundle pricing. Are they telling the people before they wait for hours?
    Nope, they bundled them all, and the employees are blantantly lying about it on the phone, saying they have 20 pro and 10 core like the ad. False advertising and it's really irked me they're pulling bullshit like that. I would have bought the 400 system, a lot of accesories and several games but no: fuck all employees. I just hope they get mass returns for trying to give the shaft to the poor people who wait outside all night and find out they're being forced into a 800 purchase around 8am when they hand out tickets.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

"Talking to voters reveals the flaw with pure democracy." - Winston Churchill - not an exact quote

I bet he was thinking of nutso Christmas shoppers when he said that! You have to be stupid to wait for hours to get an X360 - or PS2 - or Harry Potter book - or Cabbage Patch doll.

Christmas is supposed to be fun! What's fun about wasting 10 hours of your life sitting in front of a store??????

(•¿•) - "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that.
    Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Manners are a sensitive awareness of the feelings of others. If you have that awareness, you have good manners, no matter what fork you use." - Emily Post ----- Component Video looks just as good as RGB, is a heck of a lot easier to set up, and also a lot cheaper!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There's K-Mart, and Wal-Mart.

I'm still waiting for O-Mart.
    Not O-Mart, S-Mart. As in "Shop smart. Shop S-Mart." Heh.

Sometimes I'm glad I'm po' and don't have to worry about fighting crowds of insane parents.

Speaking of which, anybody ever seen any old videos of people fighting over Cabbage Patch Kids? I think I saw it on one of the VH1 80s specials. People with claw marks and gouges and kids getting run over. Just nuts.

somewhere between the past and the future
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I read all this and all i can do is smile and yell "MERRY CHRISTMAS!"

I'm pretty unaffected by any of this as

A. I never buy a system at launch.
    &
    B. I'm getting an XBOX...not a 360.

Shit like this happens *EVERY SINGLE YEAR*. Something gets low #'s (PS2) or some toy is the hot item (remember Tickle me Elmo?)

All i can say is that i am very glad i don't work in a store that carries any game systems because i know for the next month the #1 question is going to be "Do you have any 360's?"

Let the excessive bidding on empty boxes begin!

Possibility is infinity! You must be satisfied!

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces. -The Sizz

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Jibbajaba

BEST BUY

We got around 50 pro and 12 core and they BUNDLED EVERY SINGLE ONE. They increased the core price to almost 700 dollars adding in the harmony remote and hard drive among other things. The pro package they have anywhere from 800 - 1000. It's just rediculous seeing the amount of greed and bullshit they're just trying to shove down people's throats.

In the end, they'll pay for it anyhow. I garuntee people who only want the pro system will come RIGHT BACK and return all of the shit they threw in there and massacre the numbers for the store that day. Hey, it's there funeral. I've pretty much given up on buying one. Mostly, it's just too expensive, but if I had the oppurtunity, I'd probably still get one regardless, mostly because my old xbox died. With the amount of calls I've gotten today, it looks like there's going to be way more pandemonium over this than I really thought there ever was going to be. Unless I somehow get REALLY lucky, I highly doubt I'll find one ANYWHERE after getting off work tomorrow at 2pm. Should be interesting seeing a lot of pissed off people at 9am being forced to buy those dumb bundles.
    Can they do that? the sunday add said nothing about a bundle pricing. Are they telling the people before they wait for hours?
    Nope, they bundled them all, and the employees are blantantly lying about it on the phone, saying they have 20 pro and 10 core like the ad. False advertising and it's really irked me they're pulling bullshit like that. I would have bought the 400 system, a lot of accesories and several games but no: fuck all employees. I just hope they get mass returns for trying to give the shaft to the poor people who wait outside all night and find out they're being forced into a 800 purchase around 8am when they hand out tickets.
    What i assume will happen is that the store will not let them return items from the bundle. The bundle may all be under one SKU, and you won't be able to return one thing without returning everything.

Chris

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SlayerX
    Boycott Walmart, or screw over the industry...
    I have a better idea. Take advantage of every possible loophole in their return policy and screw walmart. Back when I was in college, I could make rent just by buying stuff and returning it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Makes me glad I wasn't planning on getting a 360 anytime soon. I still have a backlog on every other console I own.

Still, Wal-Mart's policy is nuts. Why couldn't they just use a damn numbering system? Jeez. And I'm not surprised to hear that stores are getting greedy with bundle purchase requirements too.

Despite the fact that I'm not getting one, I still wish good luck to anyone trying their luck tonight or later tormorrow.

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jibbajaba

BEST BUY

What i assume will happen is that the store will not let them return items from the bundle. The bundle may all be under one SKU, and you won't be able to return one thing without returning everything.

Chris
    No. That's not how they bundle stuff there. All the bastards do is shrink wrap it together then print individual barcodes for each item using a telxon and stick it on the plastic. So they bring it up front, cashier scans all skus (some of them have almost 10 damn skus) and that's that. Unless they really pull something whorish outta their hat such as a "no return" policy, I think some, but not all will return lots of stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Di3heart

Default Re: Walmart is going to cause riots w/their 360 rules!

Quote Originally Posted by Ulticron
    I have the lovely misfortune of working at Walmart and I just found this out yesterday. They've decided to be a bit nazi like in their sales of the 360. First off if you're in line and you go to the bathroom, or leave it for any other reason you lose your place in line. Second you can't have anyone hold your place in line. Today the district manager is calling our store manager and everyother store manager in the district and will most likely be dumping off more rules.

I remember things being alot more civil at Walmart when the first XBox came out. Of course Walmart has gone from being pricks to outright jerkoffs these past few years. I remember the first XBox launch because I was working that night and I called dad from work an asked him to come down an sit in line and pick me up one. Everyone that came in time got a number and that was that, no fighting, no you're screwed if you get up to go to the bathroom.

Somehow I just see fights breaking out at Walmart because of this kinda stuff.
    Guess you guys will be holding your pee for a while....

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Wal-Mart here in Southaven has only 25 systems. There are sixty or so people camping out in a line that snakes out from layaway. I took one look at all of them and thought "you people are nuts." I didn't want to even think what time the first person in line got there.

Things are WORSE over at the local Circuit City. They won't open until 10 AM tomorrow and they have 13 systems: 5 premum and 8 cores. My comment to them: you are going to have a bloodbath.

Apparently, the system is out of stock on line at EB, Amazon and Gamestop. I don't know, I think there will a price war on Ebay starting in the next 40 minutes (EDT).

I still think this is a controlled "shortage"--you can't tell me otherwise. Micosoft, like Nintendo when the N64 came out, knows the demographics and how the system will sell. I mean..geez, the media is just praising the 360 like it's a new form of energy or something.

Don't quote me, but I'll bet we're gong to hear all about fights and thefts surrounding the release of the Xbox 360
    Let's hear it for capitalism!

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Gah, work should be intresting having loads of people walking in for a 360 then...
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Di3heart

Xbox 360 "Jump in"!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can't even wait for the hostile morning tomorrow. It's gonna be an interesting 6am shift! Better get some caffine for the long haul ;D.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I drove by the local (hellvins) BB on my way to work, yes I'm at work now. Even though BB doesn't open up till 8 there were quite a few at 10:30 pm along with 3 major news crews. Man do I feel sorry for those fools. I'm shure none are aware of this BS bundling.
    (Oo (xxx) oO) (Oo (xxx) oO)
    .o xxxxxxxx o . o xxxxxxxx o

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i sat in wal mart for 12 hours. (from 12 to 12)
    i had a blast, alot of people has brought portable systems and we all linked up.
    the wal mart i was at moved it from layaway to the mcdonalds.
    so we had food and no one was fighting over spots in line.
    the bad thing was i felt bad for all the kids that wanted the system and didnt get it.
    they had 22 premium
    and 26 cores
    4 hard drives
    and most of the controllers and stuff was already gone.
    after we left the midnight launch we drove around all the stores to see the chaos.
    it was crazy to see everyone camped out in this cold weather.
    at least we had a place to stay warm and food.
    <a href="http://profile.mygamercard.net/neozen666">

</a>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hezeuschrist
    Insane. This is completely retarded.

K-Mart isn't even GETTING any, let alone lines for any of them or anything.
    Maybe YOURS isn't. MINE got over 2 dozen all together.

Thankfully I don't get the pleasure of working tomorrow morning. I go in at 4PM. By then they'll most likely be gone.. Well, we'll see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Walmart is going to cause riots w/their 360 rules!

Quote Originally Posted by zerohero
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulticron
    I have the lovely misfortune of working at Walmart and I just found this out yesterday. They've decided to be a bit nazi like in their sales of the 360. First off if you're in line and you go to the bathroom, or leave it for any other reason you lose your place in line. Second you can't have anyone hold your place in line. Today the district manager is calling our store manager and everyother store manager in the district and will most likely be dumping off more rules.

I remember things being alot more civil at Walmart when the first XBox came out. Of course Walmart has gone from being pricks to outright jerkoffs these past few years. I remember the first XBox launch because I was working that night and I called dad from work an asked him to come down an sit in line and pick me up one. Everyone that came in time got a number and that was that, no fighting, no you're screwed if you get up to go to the bathroom.

Somehow I just see fights breaking out at Walmart because of this kinda stuff.
    Guess you guys will be holding your pee for a while....

i'd just piss on the floor. the line will open up REAL quick

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

WOW!
    I wanted to get my BF one for Christmas....but now im so happy I cant afford it.

Ill buy him a shit-load of XBox/ Sega Master System games instead :P

I would love to see some footage of people going insane for Furby/Elmo/ Cabbage Patch Kids/beany babies or any of that crap. I always found it funny reading the news the day after.
    I remember an old woman biting a little kid for a Furby

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My advice:

Buy a Neo Geo instead.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

My local walmart got 18 360s in. 14 cores, 4 premiums. All sold out. Now, an employee DID say that 360s would be coming in everyday (And i hope they do!) But then, it's just a rumor.