Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good News: Bought a DS, Bad News: Dead Pixel

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well. I took it back this eve. (Yes it bugged me each time MK started ) They were cool. They were even cool when I asked them if I could charge the new one a little and test it before I left. I brought my MK game just to test a full black screen. The cashier was very friendly as was I. She didn't mind letting the replacement charge as I didn't mind her attending others at customer service as well, whatever it was they needed doing lol. Now I have my most excellent DS with no bad pixlels. I bought Trauma Center at an Eb on the way home. Wohoo, the first new (well, a year old) gen system I have bought in years. Thanks all.

V
    - I don't really like my friends. Yeah, I don't really like your friends either. -
    Lee Harvey Oswald was not a male model... You're god damn right he wasn't, but those two lookers who capped Kennedy from the grassy knoll sure as shit were.-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If I had a dollar for every dead pixel I found (monitors, games systems, etc), I'd have around $10 right now.
    - 2 Lynx units with 1 dead pixel
    - 1 laptop with 1 dp
    - 7 computer monitors with 1 dp (yes, I've got lots of monitors)

I find them to be no big deal -especially if it is only '1'. If it bothers you, take it back. If not, keep it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hmm...I don't think I've ever had dead pixels on a system, including a laptop where the backlight was going bad (wierd pattern on the top of the display like darkness was seeping in from the sides...looked like somebody sat on it!), both Game Gears I bought recently, the Game Boy Pocket, various monitors, and my Sega Nomad. Not a single bad pixel as far as I can see. Maybe I need to look more closely...

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My PSP has eight dead pixels and it's one of those things where if you don't dwell on them, they "cease to be". Even watching a movie in a dark room doesn't make them instantly noticeable. I'd be bothered by a scuffed screen more than a few dead pixels.

I'm getting the Mario Kart DS bundle when it launches, and I'm not even going to bother trying to find a dead pixel because I know that there is a great chance that there will be one or two....or eight. .

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ozyr
    - 7 computer monitors with 1 dp (yes, I've got lots of monitors)
    Another reason CRT is better. How does one know whether a pixel is dead - or stuck?

(•¿•) - "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that.
    Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Manners are a sensitive awareness of the feelings of others. If you have that awareness, you have good manners, no matter what fork you use." - Emily Post ----- Component Video looks just as good as RGB, is a heck of a lot easier to set up, and also a lot cheaper!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

my DS has a deadpixel, and my flatscreen monirtor has one too. they are both in the lower right corner, but they don;t bother me too much , especially since the monitor was accidentaly sent to me instead of a standard huge CRT one!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DrJustinRamone
    Quote Originally Posted by muffinman943
    Come on dude, its just a pixel
    Uh. No. If you're paying $150 for something, you expect it to be of a fully-working nature. I mean, it's not like buying a $1 steak dinner and having a small hair in your food. Then, you don't really have a lot of space to bitch, but $150's a different story. I had a dead pixel on the first DS I bought, and took it back. Opened the 2nd one in the store and it had a dead pixel too. 3rd time was the charm.
    TO each his own, I guess. Some people are more picky (not trying to insult you by saying that, but there is no other word) while others arent as concerned..

to the OP: I hear there are certian movie files (if u have a gba movie player) that are supposed to get rid of stuck pixels.. Id look into that if u have a gba movie player