Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Xbox360 owners-sound off- happy?sad?good/bad?

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: New Xbox360 owners-sound off- happy?sad?good/bad?

Won won through every10minutes.com, so mine was free. But I'll still answer your questions.

I love it. I have Kameo and PD0 and I'll recieve Madden whenever they decide to send it. I think the graphics are a definate improvement even on a SDTV.

Its true that's there's nothing revolutionary about it, but I never expected it to be. I don't expect anything more out of the PS3 either, just prettier gameplay with the occasional new idea.

My favorite part of the 360 is the media connectivity. Hooking up to an MCE PC is awesome.

But all in all, is it worth $400? Only if you have the means. I sure wouldn't starve myself for it, but I love it because it was free.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

Ok i thought of another BAD:

NO LETTER BOX SUPPORT

Damn it i want to play PDZ in widescreen the way it was meant to be. just because i have a 4:3 tv doesn't mean i don't want the letterboxing. Thank god Condemnded is letterboxed by default.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Old habit posting on the classic forum

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mort
    Got mine this morning (hard drive bundle).

All in all, I'm pretty happy with it. I'm feeling kind of so-so about the launch lineup, it's about average. Not as nice as the DC launch, and not as pathetic as the PS2 launch.

The system itself is impressive, has lots of cool high-tech features, including the ultimate in sloth technology: Turning the system on & off using the wireless controller. It's about damn time!

Seriously though, I'm very anxious to see what the second wave of 360 games will be like, once developers are a little more comfortable with the hardware and aren't working under such short time constraints.
    Kool maybe its not as bad as some of the horror stories ive been reading on some other boards

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I thought it was only a "Media Center" PC. Turns out there's an update to download that makes your PC a "Media Center." Who knew?
    so where exactly could i get this file? i cant seem to find it anywhere ive been looking around all day!

oh yah so i absolutely love mine, didnt have to freeze my ass off all day, walked into my store pointed to one and said MINE! unfortunatley we didnt get call of duty in yet so i grabbed condemmed which i am LOVING so far, really great gameplay reminds me of the movie seven, i also picked up pdz and an extra controller (had to go to 3 other stores to find em) and played pdz all day with mny friends who love it, i tihnk the controllers are great the system is great III LOVVVEEEE ITT! w00t[/list]
    You must be Dirk, Dirk the Daring

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sothy

from what I hear its pretty cool.

Dont have one yet waiting till I have the cash or the price drops.

Hey maybe the fuckin Sega Fanboys that dont have one yet can shut up. BLAME SONY the Dreamcast bit dirt. Microsoft didnt have anything to do with it BUT RUN THE HARDWARE WITH THEIR OS.

<@Carey85> I-75 is the second busiest freeway in the country behind I-95
    <@NE146> u r

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm rather satisfied with my purchase.

Since I picked up two, one to sell, one to keep. I didn't hesitate in opening it up and diving into the next generation.

IMO, it won't be that great unless you have an HD ready TV that supports 1080i display.

MMMMM.
    - MarkMan
    www.SDTEKKEN.com - SAN DIEGO TEKKEN
    www.tekkenzaibatsu.com - Tekken Zaibatsu

Idle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DTJAAAAM
    PSN
    DTJAAAAM

I love the wireless controller, plus the three games I bought have been very fun. I love trying to achieve new accomplishments for my record.

Insert Coin (Level 0) phantomfriar's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MarkMan
    I'm rather satisfied with my purchase.

Since I picked up two, one to sell, one to keep. I didn't hesitate in opening it up and diving into the next generation.

IMO, it won't be that great unless you have an HD ready TV that supports 1080i display.

MMMMM.
    I still use my '50 projection TV with the s-video line (no 16:9, it's just about 10 years old), and CALL OF DUTY 2 looks amazing on it...I'm sure 1080 or 720p will blow me away...but even if you have a standard def TV set, you can certainly appreciate the graphical textures and such of COD2.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mightymango

Quote Originally Posted by Sothy
    from what I hear its pretty cool.

Dont have one yet waiting till I have the cash or the price drops.

Hey maybe the fuckin Sega Fanboys that dont have one yet can shut up. BLAME SONY the Dreamcast bit dirt. Microsoft didnt have anything to do with it BUT RUN THE HARDWARE WITH THEIR OS.
    Thank You Sothy!!!
    Part of the #Vbender Crew

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Why just blame Sony for Dreamcast dying? Blame the ignorant, drooling, single-digit IQ masses ..

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i got mine for free so of course i like it.perfect dark is pretty good but a little slow and quake may be a little fast,and i hate how when you run over a weapon you auto switch to it.i haven't had any real problems with the system,and the controller feels nice.

i have mine on ebay right now for a very high price,if i sell it i'll buy a les paul if i don't i'll keep it and be happy.so either way i'm happy.

oh yeah and on a hd tv it really does look great.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dobie
    I totally dig it. Definitely worth the price, but I'm not sure it was worth freezing all night for. I didn't even play games for the first hour or two... I spent the whole time playing with the other features. I REALLY love the fact I can stream music, movies, etc. off of my computer. I wasn't aware you could do that with a regular XP system, I thought it was only a "Media Center" PC. Turns out there's an update to download that makes your PC a "Media Center." Who knew?

The games look fantastic, especially with the VGA output. Perfect Dark was sort of meh in the multiplayer category, but the single player has been great thus far. Spent a while playing Quake 2 (not 4), and it is very faithful to the original PC version. Haven't loaded up Quake 4 yet.

My only gripe is the headset has a crappy ear speaker compared to the original Xbox headset, and I kept getting a ton of feedback from somewhere, so it was like talkng in a cave.
    That is sort of wierd because I thought that it was a choice in what version of XP you got:
    Home
    Profesional
    Media Center

I ordered my laptop with Media Center instead of Pro or Home so i'm confused now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Microsoft has release an addon called "Media Center Connect". It only works on XP Service Pack 2 and only allows you to view music and pictures (not video) across the network on your 360. It wasn't just designed for the 360 as it works with "media center extender" devices which also allow you to view video as well as pictures and music.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...t/default.aspx

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got a Premium system with an extra wireless and PDZ, RR6, and PGR3. So far, I'm extremely impressed with the system. The media features aren't as robust as I'm used to with XBMC, but that's to be expected. The games are good. Not revolutionary by any means, but all 3 are very fun to play and look great.

My only issue so far is that for some reason the screen crawls when I put it into 720p. I've never had a problem with this resolution on my tv before, so it's a bit irritating. Running in 1080i works and looks great though!

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arkaign
    Why just blame Sony for Dreamcast dying? Blame the ignorant, drooling, single-digit IQ masses ..
    No. Blame the 5-billion dollar(?) debt from Sega's terrible mishandling of the Saturn.

(•¿•) - "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that.
    Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Manners are a sensitive awareness of the feelings of others. If you have that awareness, you have good manners, no matter what fork you use." - Emily Post ----- Component Video looks just as good as RGB, is a heck of a lot easier to set up, and also a lot cheaper!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    SouthRox
    Steam
    SouthRox

Man, didnt know this board had so many "freebies"... Arent there some more on here as well?

Quote Originally Posted by phantomfriar
    ...As an everytenminutes winner...
    Quote Originally Posted by swlovinist
    I too won mine for free
    Quote Originally Posted by poopnes
    Won won through every10minutes.com, so mine was free
    Quote Originally Posted by Six Switch
    i got mine for free so of course i like it

PSN: SouthRox

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

With all of these free Xbox 360 giveaways. It makes me think what if they didn't have the Mountain Dew giveaway.
    How many do you think they ended up giving away? Would more people have 360?

but it is awesome that you guys one I only had 3 caps so I was obviously not going to win.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

wait so is there a way to stream videos without haveing a windows media pc? that is one feture i would love but so far only have the connect and can only stream mp3s and pics, but i have so many videos i would love to be able to do that
    You must be Dirk, Dirk the Daring

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I love mine thus far. It's probably exceeded my expectations, in fact.

My biggest complaint is my friends who feel the need to berate me for buying the core system (or, in their words, the Xbox 180). Honestly, the system itself is the same damn thing.