Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Next Gen not impressed with 360

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think the article was honest but incomplete, and should not be taken overly seriously.

(1)- More games will inevitably come, and the best is certainly not here now. PGR3 is probably the most noticably 'next-gen' title available as yet.

(2)- Microsoft will fix the problems, and apparently a .65nm version of the cpu is on the way for a replacement revision. The kinks will get ironed out.

(3)- As developer emphasis shifts dramatically over to 360, the millions of Xbox owners will almost be forced to upgrade, in order to continue to play their favorite game series. This will ramp up the installed base pretty quickly. By xmas '06 there will probably be too many games to play, instead of the situation now where a lot of early adopters are buying games simply because of the lack of choice.

(4)- As launch lineups go, it could have been better, but damn I know I've seen MUCH worse.

So, in the end, it's just a silly article. 360 owners, party on and enjoy your new gaming goodness. I hate Microsoft (and most corporations), hated my Xbox, and would rather own a new pair of jeans than a 360, but I have absolutely nothing against Xbox fans. Ideally, everyone who buys a console, I want them to be satisfied and gaming away happily.

Strawberry (Level 2) ManciGames's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wrong
    I was talking about an entire launch, not just one game. IIRC, the rest of the DC launch was pretty much panned.
    No way. I was blown away by SC II, Sonic Adventure (the whale stage blew my mind), NFL 2K, even Trickstyle. All of those games were leaps and bounds above Playstation.
    Manci Games - For the Retro Gamers of the World (RIP)
    Home of Manci Games Retrogaming Magazine
    www.mancigames.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Di3heart

Quote Originally Posted by s1lence
    OMG the early released games arent that impressive OMG, danger danger will robbinson.

Give me a break. The system is brand new of course the games aren't going to be that amazing. Look at some of the early PS2 games. Pop-up and fill in all over the place. (Summoner is a prime example) Its amazing when reviews show the extreme distaste for Microsoft.
    Which is the exact reason why not to rush out, spend all your money, and buy one just yet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stonic
    "XBOX 360 has nothing on Atari 2600"

http://www.forbes.com/personaltech/2...rtner=yahootix

The author raises some valid questions (the whole forced-bundled packages is def not cool), but the "limited number of consoles at launch" deal is pretty common practice at this point. Yeah, Dragonstomper is a great game, but he goes on to rave about it for 3 paragraphs. And he uses Human Cannonball as an example of how original games used to be, when it's a better example of horrible they can be.
    The first thing I thought after reading the article was, "Did the author even play anything on the 360?" Seriously, after all his ranting and raving, there is no mention whatsoever as to whether or not he has even tried the system.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would say the 360 is the first "next generation" I'm not blown away by.
    My Gaming timeline:
    Atari 2600: Wow, I can control shit on TV!
    NES/SMS: Wow, scrolling screens, detailed characters and TWO BUTTONS!
    GEN/SNES: Wow, Listen to the music, look at all the colors, realistic sports games!
    PS1: Wow, 3D!
    PS2: Wow, good looking 3D!

And now we have the 360: Meh, somewhat nicer looking 3D, I guess.

I know this doesn't say anything about gameplay, but that's not what draws you in, that's what keeps you around.
    It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Deftonian
    PSN
    Detonian90
    3DS Friend
    1805-3053-7836

Quote Originally Posted by Enixis
    I tried out the system at the local gamestore and i've not been impressed one bit. The games look like they could have been done on an xbox utilising its full potential.
    No way the current xbox could run call of duty 2. The problem here is that the current gen looks so good that new and better textures and details are not very impressive at first. You really need a sit down with it to fully experience it. I don't really know what everyone was expecting, was it photorealism? I don't know I wasn't even expecting toy story graphics.