Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Nintendo DS $100 at Target?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

we just got our target catalog in the mail today 11-26-05. We have 2 ds's already and not looking to buy another one. I looked at it and on page 24 it has the ds at 99.99. I am thinking about sending it out to someone on here that could use it. That is kind of a bummer that the catalog is not available at the store for everyone

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hmmm.... Maybe you can send it to someone and that someone will send it to another person here... You know, so everyone could share it Anyways, the woman in the guest relations told me that more catalogs will be sent out on the 28th of Nov.... Hopefully, some of us will get it....
    This is the greatest gif ever NO!!!!!!!! THE SITE TOOK IT OFF :: :: :: :: :: ::
    Another good one! XD
    A weird flash

Thx to Harima Kenji from Wannabefansubs.net for the Avatar

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

good idea boozi2. If I would put it in a bubble wrapper how much would it cost to ship I wonder or would it just take a 37 cent stamp. If all it costs is a bubble wrapper and a stamp then you will be the first person I send it to. I just checked target.com and they have this catalog on there with the ds being listed as 99.99 in store only. So maybe most of you guys can just walk into the store and say that you saw it on the website flyer. But who knows

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smokexx
    good idea boozi2. If I would put it in a bubble wrapper how much would it cost to ship I wonder or would it just take a 37 cent stamp. If all it costs is a bubble wrapper and a stamp then you will be the first person I send it to. I just checked target.com and they have this catalog on there with the ds being listed as 99.99 in store only. So maybe most of you guys can just walk into the store and say that you saw it on the website flyer. But who knows
    Tried that.... Didn't work :/ And thanks a lot
    Another good one! XD
    A weird flash

Shmup Hooligan Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Dang... we got four of them catalogs in the mail over two weeks ago. I thought it was a misprint when first I saw it. We did ask about the $99.99 DS (without the catalog) and told the people working there that it was an ad price. They knew absolutely nothing about it... after talking with the mgr. they told us "Bring in the ad and we'll honor it." Guess you have to show them in print to make 'em give 'em up.

On the otherhand, I wouldn't judge them too harshly if they won't adjust it either... to be fair the small print in the ad states that they're not liable to the ads in the event of a typographical error. But until corp deems the ad price a typo, and announces or posts it as such, let the people have the DS at $100 would ya?

This signature is dedicated to all those
    cyberpunks who fight against injustice
    and corruption every day of their lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Can anyone with a catalog in front of them confirm the end date on the sale? I know in that email from Target, they said that the catalog prices are good 'till December 12th but someone over at CAG with the catalog said the date says December 5th. Which one is it?

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Acidic_Pain
    Dang... we got four of them catalogs in the mail over two weeks ago. I thought it was a misprint when first I saw it. We did ask about the $99.99 DS (without the catalog) and told the people working there that it was an ad price. They knew absolutely nothing about it... after talking with the mgr. they told us "Bring in the ad and we'll honor it." Guess you have to show them in print to make 'em give 'em up.

On the otherhand, I wouldn't judge them too harshly if they won't adjust it either... to be fair the small print in the ad states that they're not liable to the ads in the event of a typographical error. But until corp deems the ad price a typo, and announces or posts it as such, let the people have the DS at $100 would ya?
    Do you still have those catalogs by any chance?
    Another good one! XD
    A weird flash

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    JB Lars
    PSN
    JBLars

Thought I 'd throw in some anecdotal fuel to this fire. My boss wanted to get a DS for his fiancee for Xmas, so I pointed him to this. We printed out the relevant page from Target's online catalog as well as the Joystiq article mentioning their corporate stance on the typo. Armed with such, he fought his way to the GM of two separate Target stores, and got told to pound sand at both. He called me pissed off, wondering what he might be able to do to convince them. "See if Circuit City will price-match the catalog page", I said. He did. They did. And they all lived happily ever after.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Using the printout - my coworker was able to get a blue DS from a Target in northern VA. I am waiting to try my luck untill I get the catalog in hand. they had sent us the november one - so the december one should be here soon. I had actually gotten a DS from there two days before starting this thread, so I am going back to target to get them to get a partial refund. From reading thier policies it appears I have 14 days to do this...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by norkusa
    Can anyone with a catalog in front of them confirm the end date on the sale? I know in that email from Target, they said that the catalog prices are good 'till December 12th but someone over at CAG with the catalog said the date says December 5th. Which one is it?
    I just received a Target catalog today and on the back cover in small print, it states:

"Prices in this catalog are good through 12/5/05"

Then again, as someone has already pointed out, it says something about errors being subject to correction and Target shall have no liability of any kind for such errors.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Alright, I got the catalog today from Target. The one I'm supposed to get from smokexx will be send to norkusa and he'll send it to someone else, that's if I 'm getting one from smokexx
    Another good one! XD
    A weird flash

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just got back from Circuit City. They price matched it The target I went to only had the bundled version of the DS. Alright, norkusa, the catalog is heading your way
    Another good one! XD
    A weird flash

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by boozi2
    Just got back from Circuit City. They price matched it The target I went to only had the bundled version of the DS. Alright, norkusa, the catalog is heading your way
    Awesome! I owe you one, boozi.

So, who gets it next?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I really need a copy of the catalog. I purchased a DS only a few days ago at Target, for $130. I need one to price match. Anyone want to help?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Okay, zektor gets it next. I'm shipping it out to him after I get it. Anyone that wants it after him should let him know.

I'm going to make a scan of the catalog page and post it here after I get it (should be Thursday or Friday). I hear some stores are accepting print-out's of the ad, so it's worth a try for anyone interested in a cheap DS.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was considering getting one there but I'll wait a while and get one of the JPN colors.