Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Complete RPG List for the PS2 - Updated 2017

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    Eternal Poison and Persona 4 both have soundtracks and artbooks. The CDs are in the packages, while the artbooks are pre-order bonuses. Atlus says the bonuses are available from Amazon, GameStop/EB, and Game Crazy.
    Yep, the three games come all standard with soundtrack CDs, and Ar Tonelico 2 comes standard with an additional artbooklet. (probably just in the regular case)

With Ar Tonelico, you get a CD and artbook in the packaging, but you can get an extra soundtrack from Rosenqueen. Rosenqueen is the only option for that one. They say it's limited to so-so copies, so if you want it, sooner would probably be better than later. I assume the soundtrack is just some item previously available to Japanese consumers. Kinda silly having two soundtracks, though. I don't know why they can't just make one album with all the tracks from the game.
    As I understood the Rosenqueen pre-order bonus items for Ar Tonelico 2 include an additional soundtrack (I agree, kinda silly to have two soundtracks), but I also thought it comes with an additional artbooklet besides the standard one...which would make it two soundtracks and two artbooklets.

LINK ROSENQUEEN

Quote Rosenqueen: "12 pages of full color art booklet that aren't in Official Art Collection."

Is that a separate artbook? or an extended version of the artbook in the game? or even on the CD? When I read these pre-order stuff I feel like an idiot. Either I don't understand it, or they are intentionally vague in order to boost sales.

If someone gets TWO soundtracks and TWO artbooklets it certainly saves the trip to a symphony or the Chicago Art Museum.

Thanks for the heads up on Baroque, I think I may go for that.

EDIT: The PS2 version of Baroque is showing up as $34.99 for me. o_O Maybe they already blew through however many they were offering at the discount?
    Sorry you missed it. But it might come back even a bit cheaper in a couple of days or weeks. I missed Innocent Life for $17 from Amazon, but I'm sure that one will be offered for the same price again soon.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Press_Start View Post
    Interesting. Are they pre-order offers available at GameStop? Or are the bonuses given by these websites only?

Links would be appreciated. Thanks
    For the link to Rosenqueen (Ar Tonelico 2) see post above, and here is the link to Amazon's pre-order for Eternal Poison:LINK

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just an update of the scheduled releases for this year:

I thought the GBA remake of Kingdom Hearts will be released in 2009, but Amazon and IGN have a release date of December 2.

Besides Eternal Poison, Ar Tonelico 2 and SMT Persona 4 we'll get also this year

Kingdom Hearts RE: Chain of Memories. Square Enix, Square Enix, 12/2/08.

Slowly I really think the RPG floodgates for the PS2 will never close.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Do we have a "best of" list for PS2 RPGs yet floating around here?

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lendelin View Post
    As I understood the Rosenqueen pre-order bonus items for Ar Tonelico 2 include an additional soundtrack (I agree, kinda silly to have two soundtracks), but I also thought it comes with an additional artbooklet besides the standard one...which would make it two soundtracks and two artbooklets.

LINK ROSENQUEEN

Quote Rosenqueen: "12 pages of full color art booklet that aren't in Official Art Collection."

Is that a separate artbook? or an extended version of the artbook in the game? or even on the CD? When I read these pre-order stuff I feel like an idiot. Either I don't understand it, or they are intentionally vague in order to boost sales.

If someone gets TWO soundtracks and TWO artbooklets it certainly saves the trip to a symphony or the Chicago Art Museum.
    Sounds to me that they're talking about the insert in the bonus soundtrack. So, yeah, they're being vague and REALLY stretching the definition of an "art book" to make it seem like people are getting more than they really will. I mean, if we were talking Atlus, we might just get a disc in a generic slipcase, but in general I expect a soundtrack to have an insert which should have a few pieces of art. I don't personally consider that a bonus beyond the soundtrack itself.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default hmmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by lendelin View Post
    Just an update of the scheduled releases for this year:

I thought the GBA remake of Kingdom Hearts will be released in 2009, but Amazon and IGN have a release date of December 2.

Besides Eternal Poison, Ar Tonelico 2 and SMT Persona 4 we'll get also this year

Kingdom Hearts RE: Chain of Memories. Square Enix, Square Enix, 12/2/08.

Slowly I really think the RPG floodgates for the PS2 will never close.
    Sony has been kind with the RPG's. The PS1, the PS2, and the PSP have all been great systems for RPG's. So when will the PS3 get some more love? They need to keep up with the PS2 until the PS3 steps up its game...

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I don't know, beyond the PS1 ports, I don't really see the PSP as being that spectacular in terms of RPGs. But that's a whole 'nother topic altogether.

Seems like the 360 is getting most of the next-gen RPGs these days. And DS is getting most of the handheld stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Anyone know anything about Eternal Poison?

I've been more than a bit underwhelmed by the tactical RPG offerings of late. I'm just happy I didn't buy Spectral Force 3, Operation Darkness, or Zoids Assault for the 360 based on how bad I'm hearing those three ended up. Eternal Poison looks interesting, but could be just as lame as the three listed above. If it's going to be another disappointment, I'd rather not waste the $40. But, by the same token, I don't want to miss a game I might really enjoy.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I 'googled' websites for lists of PS2 RPGs in order to see if our list is still the best out there. Well, it is.

I am used to cheap cut-and-paste jobs from our list claiming that it is actually the work of others, but this one on ebay from electricquarter bothered me:

LINK

It is a cut-and-paste from 2006 when the list was in its infancy. It just bothers me that it has so many views, and comes pretty high up on a google search; and the "I've compiled this list.." bothered me as well.

I made then 'my own' list on ebay based on ours given Digitalpress members the credit they deserve with links to our site. I posted the main list only to give incentives to visit the digitalpress site:

LINK

This ebay list under my name comes higher up on Google than ours here on Digitalpress. That's why I did it, and also...well...just because of my irking feelings.
    Last edited by lendelin; 10-17-2008 at 07:27 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

"electricquarter" Isn't there a member here who runs an online game store by the same name?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slip81 View Post
    "electricquarter" Isn't there a member here who runs an online game store by the same name?
    This might be, and I also remember vaguely that there is a DP member "consulting" this ebay business.

To make my point clear: I know that the Internet lives from nonsense as much as from intelligent stuff, and it is also a broad heterogenious mixture from outright honesty to outright scams. In this cultural atmosphere "shamelessness" seems to be a very minor (almost neglectible) aspect of virtual life.

I, however (and this might be my age) still find it shameless to take credit of the work of others. To deliver a cheap cut-and-paste job and then have no shame to say "I've compiled this list..." is just a plain lie, cheap, and something I would never do. At least the source of the work should be mentioned, and the nice effort of others shouldn't be misrepresented as an own labor of love.

To have shame might be antiquated, but I still stand by it.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I picked up X-Men: The Official Game recently, in the back of the manual it has pictures for 2 games its advertising, first was Ultimate Spider-Man (GH), which i checked online for, and finally found it really has a GH version, was a bit tricky to find, but it does exist.
    The other game being X-Men Legends II (GH), I've yet to find a copy of this game in GH form yet. But there is a chance this does exist.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bcks007 View Post
    The other game being X-Men Legends II (GH), I've yet to find a copy of this game in GH form yet. But there is a chance this does exist.
    I saw around a year ago either an advertisement or a pictured GH version of X-Men Legends II and Dragon Quest VIII. I made a note about it, but I couldn't find GH versions of both games! It seems they might have been scheduled as GH but weren't released.

Too bad that the official GH list by Sony hasn't been updated for over a year. If you find the GH versions of both games then shout, scream, and trampel with your feet so we can update the list!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    suckit@balls.com
    PSN
    refan

I love games with cardboard boxes!!!!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just a heads up from the weekly Gamestop ad from today:

Gamestop dropped the price for Baroque (new) to $20 ... just in case you missed out on the Amazon daily deal for $17 two weeks ago. Amazon sells it still for $30.

Used with your 10% edge card it is certainly cheaper. Unfortunately, there is no '20% off for all used games'-coupon this week for GS.
    Last edited by lendelin; 10-24-2008 at 04:19 PM.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Do you know if the Ar tonelico 2, and all its goodies are still available from http://www.rosenqueen.com/?
    By goodies i mean all the extra free stuff that will not come with the game unless pre-ordered from that site. The site says only 2,000 of the goodies will be made.
    Help me out, i really wanna get this at a decent price and not on ebay later on for a very bad price.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Yeah, it's right there. The "Sacred Army Set". All you get extra is a second soundtrack, though, with an insert with some art that they're playing out to be an additional art book.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah i get that it listed at that site, duh. I don't get if i happen to make a order, if im going to get everything in that set. Cause surely 2000 pre-orders for this has happened already, or maybe it hasn't. Thats the part i wanted to know.....

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bcks007 View Post
    Yeah i get that it listed at that site, duh. I don't get if i happen to make a order, if im going to get everything in that set. Cause surely 2000 pre-orders for this has happened already, or maybe it hasn't. Thats the part i wanted to know.....
    My limited experience with Rosenqueen but more importantly the extensive experience of others tells us that you'll get it as long as they offer it. If pre-orders exceed the supply they pull the offer immediately.

Was the same with Mana Khemia with the figurine in the box. After four days the offer was over, and I didn't hear anyone complain they didn't get the pre-order.

...so you can pre-order it without uncertainty.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I added to the introduction of the list in the OP a short list of upcoming releases with release dates. This way you have a nice overwiew what to expect for the next two months.

I think this is a better way then to look for a post in the thread.