Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Complete RPG List for the PS2 - Updated 2017

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

bcks007, I just checked and there is indeed a cover version of Shadow Hearts.

It says "Promotional Copy Not For Resale" in a white border on the front cover. You're right, probably from the pre-order deal with Covenant. It seems that the manual and disc label are identical with the standard version, though, I checked four pics and that seems to be the case.

It is an interesting variation but doesn't qualify to put in the list, though. Nevertheless, thanks a lot for the heads-up!!
    Last edited by lendelin; 01-26-2008 at 10:48 PM.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fuchikoma View Post
    http://www.xenolegacy.net/?subaction...t_from=&ucat=&

Pretty sure that it's a removable insert and not stuck on in any way. Though if its factory sealed...
    Thanks a lot for the heads up, that clears it up. I wouldn't put the BB edition with a lenticular cover in the list then, though, because this seems to be then more of a cover variation. Unless, of course, the lenticular cover is just on the regular cover as a bonus insert, then it might belong in the extra content list.
    Last edited by lendelin; 01-26-2008 at 10:45 PM.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I bought it new, and it doesn't have a trading card inside. The front and back cover don't mention a card at all. (which is usually the case). To put it into the list we'd need the assurance of someone who bought it new and a pic of the back cover/trading card.
    Well now you gotta add it, cause i found a pic of both versions online. I own the trading card version btw, i was gonna ask you for a pic of the non-trading card version, but i found a nice picture of it on someones ebay auction. The only way to tell which copy you have is to check the back of the box or possibly pending your slus and pdss numbers not matching the ones on my copy.

Do you know if this got a 2nd printing?

Can you please check your copy of Inuyasha: The Secret of the Cursed Mask, and tell me if these match or are different on your copy.

On the side of my case, it says SLUS 20913P (i never noticed the P at the end till i checked my copy, just now) Is that the same for you?

It also says, Item #18026, under the slus on the side of the case, please check your's for this number, different or same?

Now i doubt these will be different, but i would like you to check your disc of Inuyasha, on the rim of the disc, you will find a PDSS number, mine is PDSS-011845, yours the same? (it should be, these usually only get changes on GH copys of games)

My disc says SLUS 20913, yours should be the same.

These pics where gotten from gamefaqs.

Spine pic,

For the Growlanser: Generations box art, and Shadow Hearts box, and manual variants i will need to upload them somewhere before i can post them, I might trying uploading on my geocities account real soon.

For the Xenosaga Episode III: Also Sprach Zarathustra different artwork, i heard you got the special artwork only with that special version of that, you don't get the normal artwork for it. I've also seen it sealed, so i really think it should count, cause it is a variant that is worthy of being sought after.
    Last edited by bcks007; 01-27-2008 at 06:22 AM.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bcks007 View Post
    Well now you gotta add it, cause i found a pic of both versions online. I own the trading card version btw, i was gonna ask you for a pic of the non-trading card version, but i found a nice picture of it on someones ebay auction. The only way to tell which copy you have is to check the back of the box or possibly pending your slus and pdss numbers not matching the ones on my copy.

Do you know if this got a 2nd printing?

Can you please check your copy of Inuyasha: The Secret of the Cursed Mask, and tell me if these match or are different on your copy.

On the side of my case, it says SLUS 20913P (i never noticed the P at the end till i checked my copy, just now) Is that the same for you?

It also says, Item #18026, under the slus on the side of the case, please check your's for this number, different or same?

Now i doubt these will be different, but i would like you to check your disc of Inuyasha, on the rim of the disc, you will find a PDSS number, mine is PDSS-011845, yours the same? (it should be, these usually only get changes on GH copys of games)

My disc says SLUS 20913, yours should be the same.

For the Growlanser: Generations box art, and Shadow Hearts box, and manual variants i will need to upload them somewhere before i can post them, I might trying uploading on my geocities account real soon.

For the Xenosaga Episode III: Also Sprach Zarathustra different artwork, i heard you got the special artwork only with that special version of that, you don't get the normal artwork for it. I've also seen it sealed, so i really think it should count, cause it is a variant that is worthy of being sought after.
    Nice job! I'll add Inuyasha to the list with extra content, and it is at the same time the fourth one in the list which was released without the extra content.

The SLUS # of my case (w/o the card): 20913 (no P at the end)
    Item # 18026 (same)
    SLUS and PDSS numbers on disc: same as yours

The only difference between the versions is therefore that the one with trading card has a SLUS number with an additional P on the spine of the case. (besides the more important and more obvious back cover)

About Growlanser Generations: Interesting are the different cover variations and disc label variations although it wouldn't make it to the list. In particular WD is notorious for having lots of variations of both. (thinking about the PSX RPGs)
    Very important were if the box art of the outer box of the deluxe set had variations, this should be mentioned in the list. I doubt it very much though.

Xenosaga III: If the lenticular cover is a removable insert in addition to the regular cover, then it will be indeed added to the list. This certainly qualifies as extra content and goes beyond the common cover variation. I have to look into it.

Thanks again, nice job, I appreciate it! Inuyasha in particular is very helpful. When I did the list I just checked my games, and since my Inuyasha doesn't have a card I overlooked it. Interesting is now if the other games I listed came only with the extra content or got a standard release as well.
    Last edited by lendelin; 01-27-2008 at 10:58 AM.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Added to the list "Regular Cases With Extra Content."

09) Inuyasha: The Secret of the Cursed Mask. Available in a standard version and in an edition with a trading card. The front covers of the two versions are identical. The edition with extra content has on the back cover "Includes Exclusive Limited Edition Inuyasha Trading Card," and the SLUS number has an additional 'P' at the end. (SLUS 20913P)

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I checked my games which I added as having regular cases with extra content for the SLUS numbers.

There are two more games which have a 'P' added to the number, namely Wild Arms Alter Code F and Digimon World 4. This suggests that both were released as standard versions without the extra content as well. (DVD anime movie and trading card, respectively)

IMPORTANT:
    If someone of you has a version of these two games without the extra content (no bonus items mentioned on the back cover, no imprint on the front cover about a bonus disc of Wild Arms Alter Code F), please let us know.

Wild Arms Alter Code F: SLUS 20937P
    Digimon World 4: SLUS 20836P

Your copies should have the same numbers w/o the P.
    Last edited by lendelin; 01-27-2008 at 07:21 PM.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just remembered another version of a game i have thats different. I checked gamefaqs to see if i had the normal version, but i do not.
    It is Fullmetal Alchemist and the Broken Angel. Anyway whats so special about it, is that i bought it from Canada, big deal right? Well its quite different the the normal NTSC/UC release.

First off, its spine slus is SLUS-20994-F, its slus on the disc is SLUS-20994-F, and it comes with 2 manuals, one in English, other in French.

I own quite a few games for the ps2, approaching 700, and this is the first and only game I've ever gotten with -F at the end. I've bought many games from canada sellers. I have came across 2 other games that did come with a french manual and a english manual, those games where The Getaway: Black Monday and TimeSplitters: Future Perfect. Neither one of those are special or different then there ntsc normal verison, far as i can tell, besides getting a extra manual.

I don't think this -F at the end of the slus is common at all for canada copys of ntsc games, is it?

Can you check your pdss, upc, item number or any other numbers if applicable and let me know them, i will compare them with my copy.

Maybe you should open up a Miscellaneous category for the the odd ones that i keep finding? I think its good idea to do that. I guess i gotta get a picture of this now, unless you can find some info on it, hope so.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

I've never seen a -F on an SLUS catalog number, nor have I heard of it before. A pic would be much appreciated.

Generally, the P on the end denotes a 'premium' or 'promotional' release. Copies of Shadow Hearts and Midway Arcade Treasures that say 'NOT FOR RESALE' have that one the spine, too.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oobgarm View Post
    I've never seen a -F on an SLUS catalog number, nor have I heard of it before. A pic would be much appreciated.

Generally, the P on the end denotes a 'premium' or 'promotional' release. Copies of Shadow Hearts and Midway Arcade Treasures that say 'NOT FOR RESALE' have that one the spine, too.
    Wow, i didn't know that about either of those 2 games, since i don't own either.
    I've heard there is a 'NOT FOR RESALE' of each of the Midway Arcade Treasures 1-3, this true?
    I've also noticed there seems to be a Orange Artwork version called Midway Arcade Treasures 1, which is different then the Midway Arcade Treasures, see pic of normal,

It looks more like the Midway Arcade Treasures 2 and Midway Arcade Treasures 3 artwork versions.
    Could this Orange box version, be the 'NOT FOR RESALE' version?
    If not, does the 'NOT FOR RESALE' versions of it look like the gamefaqs pic i posted?
    If you need to find the Orange color version artwork, i know its almost always listed on ebay.

Do you know of any other 'NOT FOR RESALE' ps2 games?
    I know of ATV Offroad Fury 2, Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec and Shadow Hearts.
    I've also heard about Midway Arcade Treasures 1-3 and L.A. Rush possibly having those, but ive not seen these, and can't confirm on them, can you?

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

Midway Arcade Treasures 1 looks just like the one above and has a large red box on the front that says "NOT FOR RESALE". The orange looking one is just a reprinted version to look like Treasures 2 & 3. I think Shadow Hearts is the same with the box on the front. I've not seen it (or the others you mention), so I have no idea on them.

The Sony ones are different, as they have special catalog numbers. The GT3 one is PBPX, I know for certain-it's probably different since it has an entirely different cover. The ATV one, I dunno, since I've not personally seen it either.

This should be split off into it's own topic, methinks.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just remembered another version of a game i have thats different. I checked gamefaqs to see if i had the normal version, but i do not.
    It is Fullmetal Alchemist and the Broken Angel. Anyway whats so special about it, is that i bought it from Canada, big deal right? Well its quite different the the normal NTSC/UC release.

First off, its spine slus is SLUS-20994-F, its slus on the disc is SLUS-20994-F, and it comes with 2 manuals, one in English, other in French.

I own quite a few games for the ps2, approaching 700, and this is the first and only game I've ever gotten with -F at the end. I've bought many games from canada sellers. I have came across 2 other games that did come with a french manual and a english manual, those games where The Getaway: Black Monday and TimeSplitters: Future Perfect. Neither one of those are special or different then there ntsc normal verison, far as i can tell, besides getting a extra manual.

I don't think this -F at the end of the slus is common at all for canada copys of ntsc games, is it?

Can you check your pdss, upc, item number or any other numbers if applicable and let me know them, i will compare them with my copy.
    MY copy of Fullmetal Alchemist Broken Angel has a 'regular' SLUS number (20994), same on the disc. The PDSS number is PDSS 013235.

Maybe you should open up a Miscellaneous category for the the odd ones that i keep finding? I think its good idea to do that. I guess i gotta get a picture of this now, unless you can find some info on it, hope so.
    Then we'd go into cover variations, manual variations and disc label variations. To make a reliable (!), complete list and not merely an anecdotal and selective one of those is lots of work and goes beyond what I intended to do; but PLEASE keep these informations coming if they refer to RPGs, it is very interesting and informative for lots of collectors even if we don't put it in a comprehensive list!

Same as the above goes for the Canadian variations, after all this is a list of US releases. I know that Canada is basically slightly more than an expansion of the United States, but we should draw a line there. (For all of you Canadians and Quebecois PLEASE do not engage now in the fashionable 'You Americans'-bashing! I'm a German citizen living in the US and the remark is ironic. If bashing is necessary, please rant about short-sighted Germans who have no culture.)

Questions remaining:

Digimon World 4 without a card? I found a pic (scan) of the backcover on gamefaqs with no card mentioned (I have the card variation), so in all likelihood a relase w/o the card exists. Before i put it in the list I'd like to have more confirmation, though.

Wild Arms Alter Code F without the DVD? I haven't seen a release on which the DVD isn't mentioned on the front cover and backcover, and i looked around on various RPG sites and ebay.

Xenosaga 3 with lenticular card? No news yet, haven't seen one.

Duel Masters with extra DVD and not only the trading card? Nothing new here either except for your heads up, would be great if you could post a pic at one point, this would be an important addition to the list.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, been busy sorry, will work on getting pics up this evening maybe.
    For Duel Masters i have no idea if this is a true add in, or possibly some other disc from a strat guide, tips guide cd, extra, i have a bunch of those, but they came with there own cases. The seller could have very well, took the single duel masters case, and gutted it, and put everything in a double case, there is no way to tell, without finding a new copy of this, or new artwork, or finding another source of where this extra cd came from.

For Xenosaga 3 with lenticular card, i don't think it comes with lenticular card, but the acctual artwork around the case is lenticular.(shinny) I've seen a pic once, wish i would have saved it.

Insert Coin (Level 0) eternalblue81's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I really regret not getting the Best Buy exclusive cover version of Xenosaga III. I bought the game the day it out, and was pretty tempted by it, but wound up getting it at Gamestop so I could buy the guide with it for 20% off and get the preorder artbooklet. I figured I could probably find a cheap used copy of it with that cover later on, but I've never seen it since.

Anyone that's looking for the BB cover, it's not just a lenticular version of the normal Xenosaga III cover. It has T-ELOS, the same image as is used on the Xenosaga III strategy guide.
    Last edited by eternalblue81; 01-29-2008 at 10:52 PM.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eternalblue81 View Post
    I really regret not getting the Best Buy exclusive cover version of Xenosaga III. I bought the game the day it out, and was pretty tempted by it, but wound up getting it at Gamestop so I could buy the guide with it for 20% off and get the preorder artbooklet. I figured I could probably find a cheap used copy of it with that cover later on, but I've never seen it since.

Anyone that's looking for the BB cover, it's not just a lenticular version of the normal Xenosaga III cover. It has T-ELOS, the same image as is used on the Xenosaga III strategy guide.
    Can you remember if the cover was a removable lenticular card? or 'just' a cover variation of the game? If it was a removable insert then it should be in the list for extra content.

I got my copy from CC for $13 when it was on sale. I didn't know about the BB cover until bcks007 mentioned it.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The only useful thing I found googeling about the XENOSAGA III COVER is from a xenosaga 3 message board (besides our thread which came up pretty often):

Source (post #42):
    http://xenosaga3.namco.com/forums/sh...p?t=106&page=5

Quote:
    "The Best Buy's Lenticular cover is nothing more than a lenticular pencil-board thing slipped in between the regular cover and the game case's clear plastic, and then the whole thing shrinkwrapped. I picked mine up at Best Buy in the release week. It's a limited run and therefore you may not find it anymore in the store now. It can look 'fake' in a picture because it's just a plastic lenticular insert placed on top of the regular cover, more like an add-on."

This suggests it is indeed a removable insert as an add-on to the regular cover and should put in the list with extra content.

I'd like more confirmation before I update the list.
    Last edited by lendelin; 01-30-2008 at 12:26 AM.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lendelin View Post
    MY copy of Fullmetal Alchemist Broken Angel has a 'regular' SLUS number (20994), same on the disc. The PDSS number is PDSS 013235.

Questions remaining:

Digimon World 4 without a card? I found a pic (scan) of the backcover on gamefaqs with no card mentioned (I have the card variation), so in all likelihood a relase w/o the card exists. Before i put it in the list I'd like to have more confirmation, though.
    Wow, i see the pic at gamefaqs, can you get a pic of your copy? Just so we know the other version looks like?

Also for Fullmetal Alchemist Broken Angel, my PDSS number is 016565, which is different then yours. So yeah, what can we do about this? I will have to get scans from a person i know who owns a scanner, for this game, and the Duel Masters extra cd i found.
    Gonna see what i can do to get those other pictures i promised uploaded somewhere tonight, if i host them on my geocites site, could you copy them, and put them up somewhere else? I don't want those pictures to crash the bandwich there, i will see what i can do.....

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lets try this out.

Here is the back pic for Shadow Hearts, notice the different upc. For some reason i forgot to save a front pic, and I've never seen the spine pic.

CD and Manual pic, is the cd supposed to have a -P on it? Notice the manual is indeed different.

Time for some crazy Growlanser Generations Alternate Artwork.
    Pics 3 and 6, are those from the regular version of the game, or deluxe set or neither? I don't own either, so i don't know, i just saved those pictures from the same ebay listing. Also please compare the upc to the normal edtion, it doesn't match the deluxe set, but im unsure for the norm.

Thats all the cool pics i got for now.
    Last edited by bcks007; 01-30-2008 at 03:58 PM.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here is the pic of my copy of Digimon World 4 with card:

Your cover variation of Growlanser Generations is interesting. Never saw this one before. WD is well known for doing cover and disc label variations, though, but I didn't expect to see two different variants for the soundtrack CD as well which are different from mine. If yours are from the deluxe set or special items individually sold or single giveaways, I don't know.

Here is my copy and the soundtrack CD which are from the deluxe set pre-ordered from Working Designs directly. (a direct pre-order from WD came with an extra set of cards and a pin, not a lousy t-shirt)

Here is also the backcover of my Shadow Hearts, the UPC code is indeed different from your promotional copy. Good to know that the cover and manual are different, and that even the CD has the promotional 'P' with the SLUS number.

Last edited by lendelin; 01-31-2008 at 01:57 PM.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Your post count is elite btw.
    lendelin, would you mind saving my pics, and uploading them somewhere that isn't going to run out of bandwich?

Btw, None of your pics showed up?

Good to know that the cover and manual are different, and that even the CD has the promotional 'P' with the SLUS number.
    I think you miss understood me. I don't see a -P on that game disc version of shadow hearts, im not sure if it should or not, i was only asking about it, from other people, who own this 'not for sale' version.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

lendelin, would you mind saving my pics, and uploading them somewhere that isn't going to run out of bandwich?

Btw, None of your pics showed up?
    I can see my pics fine, I upoad them from Photobucket and haven't had a prob with it. They don't show up?

Here are your pics, I resized them. You can remove the pics from your posts.

Growlanser Generations variants (originally posted by bcks007):

Shadow Hearts Promotional Copy 'Not For Resale (originally posted by bcks007):'

Inuyasha Back Cover with Trading Card (originally posted by bcks007):

Last edited by lendelin; 01-31-2008 at 02:00 PM.