I have owned quite a few cards in my time. I had a few Visoly cards, an EZFA, an X-Rom, and some others I am sure I am forgetting. My biggest qualm with them all was that they did not hold alot in most cases (even 1gbit can fill up rather quickly) and they were sllloooowwww to transfer games to.

The Supercard SD is lightening quick with game transfers (you are using a card reader for this...you will need one) and it works great. Yes, you do use the Supercard software to convert (or hack) the rom before it is sent to the card, but this chore is no different than sending roms to a flash cart through their software.

I really don't know what all the talk about bugs is about. I am guessing that the people that have this problem are not using clean romsets. I would guess if you used tons of intro'ed, trained, hacked up roms that the Supercard software could bug up the game. Use clean nointro sets and then make a judgement call on this. I have tested well over 100 roms so far, and the only glitch I have found is that Phantasy Star Collection does not boot properly. Ever other rom worked flawlessly. No slowdown or bugs, and for the games that save...well that worked perfectly too.

As for power consumption, perhaps this may be correct...but I have played on the card for a few days (sometimes a few hours a night) and I have not had to recharge yet. I suppose if you are going to take your GBA into the wilderness for a few days with no access to a charge, then the Supercard SD is not for you.

All in all, probably the best card I have owned out of the bunch. The speed and ease of game transfer, the emulators built right in, DS support, never having to worry that the flash memory is going to die (just pop a new SD in), and constant firmware and software updates from the makers all add up to a great thing...for $60. No flash card can beat that...sorry.