LOB3
    PSN
    GoldyK
    3DS Friend
    0817-3747-2478
    Steam
    segarocks30

Default Deja vu for Microsoft?

Whats with the stories about these malfunctioning Xbox 360's (Sound familiar?) This happened with the original Xbox so I wonder when Microsoft will recall the 360's.
    Dance Dance Toejam and Earl!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

I think we seriously need to sticky some of these threads, because these questions are being asked like for times a day. The incidents are isolated and generally due to poor ventalation.

My 360 is standing on it's side and hasn't scratched a disc yet. It's also getting proper ventalation because the bottom vents aren't blocked by a desk.

Some people don't find it stable but mine is sitting just fine. If your's is knocked over with a disc in it kiss the disc good bye because it's history.

These incidents seem to be minor since i haven't ran into to more then one person with a problem and i've been talking to a shit load of 360 owners. It's a case of everything being blown out of proportion.

The forums are fanning the flames.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    LOB3
    PSN
    GoldyK
    3DS Friend
    0817-3747-2478
    Steam
    segarocks30

Thanks for answering my question, I don't think ill ever get a 360 because its a little too much for my wallet anyway. I got a DS today, played Mario Kart WiFi at Mcd's (McDonalds), and had fun with a DS. I don't need a 360. The news definetly overhypes stories like these I guess.
    Dance Dance Toejam and Earl!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

Quote Originally Posted by segarocks30
    Thanks for answering my question, I don't think ill ever get a 360 because its a little too much for my wallet anyway. I got a DS today, played Mario Kart WiFi at Mcd's (McDonalds), and had fun with a DS. I don't need a 360. The news definetly overhypes stories like these I guess.
    The 360 is a thing of beauty and i think it's worth every penny, but hey if you can't afford it then a DS+Mario Kart+Nintendo WFC is a damn good second. :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Console malfunctions are always reported at launch. Fact of the matter is malfunctions happen throughout a consoles lifetime. Don't believe the hype, the chances are small that your 360 will fuck up.
    I don't want you to hate me, I want you to want to hate me - GamersUniteMagazine.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by njiska
    The 360 is a thing of beauty and i think it's worth every penny, . . .
    I agree wholeheartedly. Most of the naysayers do not even own one to begin with. They base their opinions on screenshots, demos at a kiosk, rumors and hearsay. Sure there have been a few alleged problems, but as always we never know the whole story with all the details. It seems to me that these problems are remote at best. However the media, looking for a story, wants to report that the next big thing for consumer electronics and holiday gifts (which happens to be in high demand) is bug ridden. Of course the news is not going to report that the overwhelming majority of 360 owners are not experiencing problems. That wouldn't be newsworthy.

I admit that I was a little hesitant to get one myself, but playing the COD2 demo convinced me otherwise. I even ended up getting a core, something I told myself I'd never do (but it was the only option available to me), but I am not regretting it one bit. The games that I picked up are great. COD2 single player is actually better than the PC version. The enemy AI is much tougher. PGR3 is simply beautiful, and Kameo is wonderful to play. I use my 360 as my dvd player as well, and love it. No problems here at all. No scratched discs, no read errors on PGR3, no overheating, nothing at all.

I have never bought a system at launch before, and I am extremely satisfied with my purchase.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

Quote Originally Posted by esquire
    The 360 is a thing of beauty and i think it's worth every penny, . . .
    I agree wholeheartedly. Most of the naysayers do not even own one to begin with. They base their opinions on screenshots, demos at a kiosk, rumors and hearsay. Sure there have been a few alleged problems, but as always we never know the whole story with all the details. It seems to me that these problems are remote at best. However the media, looking for a story, wants to report that the next big thing for consumer electronics and holiday gifts (which happens to be in high demand) is bug ridden. Of course the news is not going to report that the overwhelming majority of 360 owners are not experiencing problems. That wouldn't be newsworthy.
    Sadly that really is the truth. It's like the media and crime. Crime has been going down over the last decade but media reports of crime have gone up (at least in the US) at least twice as fast as the rate has gone down.

Being a Canadian i always find it odd to watch the US news and hear nothing but crime, while on Canadian news i mostly hear stories about politics or good deeds and information.

I admit that I was a little hesitant to get one myself, but playing the COD2 demo convinced me otherwise. I even ended up getting a core, something I told myself I'd never do (but it was the only option available to me), but I am not regretting it one bit. The games that I picked up are great. COD2 single player is actually better than the PC version. The enemy AI is much tougher. PGR3 is simply beautiful, and Kameo is wonderful to play. I use my 360 as my dvd player as well, and love it. No problems here at all. No scratched discs, no read errors on PGR3, no overheating, nothing at all.

I have never bought a system at launch before, and I am extremely satisfied with my purchase.
    Since you're one of the poor bastards who got stuck with the core i have to ask, how are the load times?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Since you're one of the poor bastards who got stuck with the core i have to ask, how are the load times?
    Only the load times for PGR3 seem to be a little long. Is the hard drive suppose to speed things up, or is there some hardware difference that I am not aware of between the Premium and Core?

I still plan on getting the Premium when I can, either return my Core to Target (they'll take if or store credit within X amount of days) or sell it on eBay.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

Only the load times for PGR3 seem to be a little long. Is the hard drive suppose to speed things up, or is there some hardware difference that I am not aware of between the Premium and Core?

I still plan on getting the Premium when I can, either return my Core to Target (they'll take if or store credit within X amount of days) or sell it on eBay.
    No it's only the HDD. I too actually find the PGR3 loads a little long and i have the Premium so i imagine it just doesn't use the HDD for pre-loading.

Pac-Man (Level 10) hezeuschrist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Hezeuschrist

No it's only the HDD. I too actually find the PGR3 loads a little long and i have the Premium so i imagine it just doesn't use the HDD for pre-loading.
    The load times without the HD aren't really that much longer, if at all. I didn't really notice, at least on initial loads, but then again i didn't play much without the HDD.

As for the problems, I've exeperienced none of them. But seeing as the 360 is a new piece of electronics, the people who have problems have the loudest voice that carries the furthest. Theres no reason to report, "Xbox 360 released, 99.8% of systems work exactly as intended, back to you bob."

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I find the loading time on PD0 to be super long and I have the HDD. I don't think that most games use the HDD to speed up the loading because they have to program the games to work without the HDD. That would just be double the effort, and probably not worth it for the launch rush.