Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are you waiting on the Xbox 360?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Default Are you waiting on the Xbox 360?

OK, with all of the 360s out, Some of you have heard that it can get VERY Hot, some units didn't work right, Or you just want an improved model. Well, here is where you can talk about it.

Are you just waiting for a Newer, improved model, or are you waiting for more games?

As for me, I decided (After thinking it over several times) To wait until 2006 to get a 360. I thought that it'd be better to get a model that would last longer, A model that would not have so many problems, a model that would not get as hot as the first model.

In short, I do not want a 360 until it is at least 2 months old.

How about you? Are you waiting on the 360?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The 360s do run kind of warm, but then, my PC runs hot in comparison. I did purchase a launch 360 but it will last me a while. With my 360 I purchased a product replacement plan in case anyting should go awry with it. Lasting 2 years, it gives me enough time to evaluate the stability of my product and if i feel the system is not behaving as it should toward the end of my plan I will exchange it for another one. If you're worried about the system itself, I believe you would want to wait more than 2 months. Even sony didn't fully rid itself of the DREs for quite some time.

Oh and this is my first actual post on this forum outside of the welcome post. Hooray!
    Man on phone, Man on phone!

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll buy a 360 once a worthwhile game is released for it. Simple as that.
    New England Classic Gaming - Violent fighting to come again!

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ClubNinja
    So then you'll be running out and grabbing one shortly I take it? Call of Duty 2 kicks ass. I challenge any current gen console to do this game justice like the 360 does.
    -Dobie
    NES, SNES, & Gameboy Collector

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dobie
    So then you'll be running out and grabbing one shortly I take it? Call of Duty 2 kicks ass. I challenge any current gen console to do this game justice like the 360 does.
    The last FPS shooter I had any interest in was Rise of the Triad. If another World War II FPS is the 360's flagship title at this point, then I'm obviously not the target audience.
    New England Classic Gaming - Violent fighting to come again!

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

Besides, I have a very good shooter in Battlefield 2 for my PC and that's enough.

I'll buy a Xbox 360 once three games come out for it that I REALLY want that are unique to the system (so not Oblivion since I'll get that for my PC and other games). That means a RPG, a strategy game, a simulation, or a adventure game. I guess that will be in a year or so. A better model will be out by then also.
    "Four o'clock and all is well.....wish I was in bed, Sir."
    -- Guard in the Imperial City, Oblivion

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Aye, no denigration to those who jumped on the 360 bandwagon at launch, but I can really understand the sentiment behind waiting for a broader lineup combined with a better chance of getting a problem-free and more affordable product.

Strangely, my potential purchase of a 360 hinges on mods (Linux, h.264 non-M$ formats, etc)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

[quote="Dobie"]
    I challenge any current gen console to do this game justice like the 360 does.
    Isn't it sad gamers are actually defending next gen games from current gen games?
    Mostly just play Nintendo 64. If you've got games PM me! Cart only.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am waiting. I need to spend my money on games for the systems that I have, not a new one. I will wait till I have 10 games I really want to play. I really want to play PDZ though

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Are you waiting on the Xbox 360?

I finally saw one and played it at a local TRU (Call of Duty 2 was hooked up), not that impressed, still plays like any other FPS. Games still lack the organic look I am after. Maybe with time. I will most likely get one when they are affordable and more reliable.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    squidlike

I am waiting for more games, and funds of course. Right now the current selection just does not excite me at all.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll buy a 360 once the following criteria are satisfied:

-The inevitable larger HDD is released (c'mon, you know they'll do it, that's why it's detachable)

-The Premium bundle, with aforementioned larger HDD, is $300 with a bundled game.

-Halo 3, Elder Scrolls, and hopefully Shenmue 3 are out

So all this, or if I suddenly get a way bigger bonus than I'm expecting, but in my present financial situation, this is what it'd take. I know that this all would take quite a while to develop, maybe 2-3 years, and I'm fine with that. I only ever bought like 5 games for my Xbox, I haven't heard of too many 360 games I'd have much interest in.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll buy a 360 once I can freakin' find one. And no, paying $800 on eBay is not "finding" one. Ultra rare. Ok guys.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WanganRunner
    I'll buy a 360 once the following criteria are satisfied:

-The inevitable larger HDD is released (c'mon, you know they'll do it, that's why it's detachable)

-The Premium bundle, with aforementioned larger HDD, is $300 with a bundled game.

-Halo 3, Elder Scrolls, and hopefully Shenmue 3 are out

So all this, or if I suddenly get a way bigger bonus than I'm expecting, but in my present financial situation, this is what it'd take. I know that this all would take quite a while to develop, maybe 2-3 years, and I'm fine with that. I only ever bought like 5 games for my Xbox, I haven't heard of too many 360 games I'd have much interest in.
    i agree with you on the hard drive!

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

[quote="dbiersdorf"]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobie
    I challenge any current gen console to do this game justice like the 360 does.
    Isn't it sad gamers are actually defending next gen games from current gen games?
    Not so much defending next gen, just trying to point out that there's "worthwhile" games on the system now. It just depends on your tastes. There's nothing mind blowing, or "system defining," but the games out are solid, and provide an experience that can't be replicated on other existing hardware (except the perhaps the PC). If people want to wait, or think the X360 SUXXORS because it doesn't have some cliched RPG or whatever, so be it. But that doesn't mean there's nothing on the system worth playing.
    -Dobie
    NES, SNES, & Gameboy Collector

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

First work out the bugs, then show me a nice price drop, and some games that interest me and I'll be alot more willing to show MS the money.
    My collection | [url=http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53486&highlight=ulticron[/url]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    kejoriv

Nope, I am not waiting on it. Already bought one on launch day. Great decision. I admit the launch lineup is spectacular, but the games are only going to get better. I LOVE the online experience. This was a present from my girlfriend and Im very happy she didnt wait until Christmas. I havent had one single problem with my Xbox. iI think that the problems are blown out of proportion. I could be wrong, but it seems like the people have problems are in the minority. Just my 2 cents...

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    On the border between sanity and insanity
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm definitely waiting on it. There simply aren't enough games out right now that I'm interested in to justify the purchase. The only game I care about right now is Kameo, and Dead or Alive 4, when that shows up in December. I'll most likely be waiting until it hits $150 or less, and the backwards compatiblity issues are fully resolved.
    "First, we have aspirin. A common cure for things that aspirin cures. Leads to.....rabies."

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Shit, I dont' wait for stuff. I gotta have it the second it drops. Now, I must say, that if it wasn't proper, I would be selling it. But I love my 360. This is some "nice piece of kit mate". If you know what I mean.

My 360 experience is so impressive to me. Of course a big, huge, huge part of that is the XBOX Live part of the equation. The interface, and how integrates with XBOX Live. The XBOX Live marketplace. It's so cool to be able to download demos of other 360 games. Right now you can just download a demo of Need for Speed: Most Wanted and NBA Live '06 and Kameo, but I'm sure more games will have their demos up on there. Being able to download High Definition trailers of both XBOX 360 games and movies is pretty amazing.

Anybody download the trailer of Narnia in 720p with Dolby Digital 5.1 sound? Pretty impressive. It's just a really cool thing. Playing my music in any game is amazing. The fact that I can pop in any CD, with MP3's or whatever, and copy them over to the HDD is pretty damn sweet.

When you go online, there are different themes you can get for the blades on the opening interface. I had a Gotham Themed setup for awhile, and now I switched to Top Spin 2. (I just like the pleasing look to it).

As for games, man..... I got alot of games, I've rented alot, and they are pretty damn amazing to me. PGR 3 is a smash hit as far as I'm concerned. That game simply kicks major ass. I've played the demo for Need for Speed: MW, and I'm renting Ridge Racer 6 right now, and I can say without hesitation that PGR 3 is an absolute must own. Of course, you gotta play the game on Live. Totally amazing on Live. You can even watch Gotham TV on live!!! You can watch the best of the best race against each other. It's pretty crazy. Gotham is amazing, especially when you have your own beats playing in the background.

That's just one game of tons. Kameo is an amazing Adventure game. Maybe ultimately it's too easy and too short, but I'm sure it will be a great ride while it lasts. Quake 4 is actually a pretty impressive game. I just rented it, and I'm pretty shocked by it. It's like playing a $3,000.00 PC rig from Alienware or something. Madden and NBA 2K6 are absolutely amazing in my opinion. Of course, if you don't like sports and you don't have a large HDTV, then maybe it isn't as impressive to you. Condemned is very creepy and it sets a really cool mood. I'm renting it, but I should have bought it at Fry's Electronics when it was $39.99 for that one day sale on the 25th. NBA Live's graphics are even better than NBA 2K6's but the gameplay isn't as good. But if anybody even remotely thinks that the 360 isn't incredibly powerfull, simply needs to see NBA Live, and then they will know this is the next generation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

I'm putting it off until Halo 3 or something equally wanted by me comes out. Hopefully by that time Xbox emulation will have covered all the games I really care about.

As much as I like Perfect Dark, I need a couple more reasons to pick up a 360.
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives