Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: DDR Mario Mix: Discontinued?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default DDR Mario Mix: Discontinued?

There is apparently a rumor going around that Nintendo has discontinued DDR Mario Mix due to issues with the dance pad that comes with it.

http://www.pressthebuttons.com/2005/...dance_dis.html

I was looking forward to this one, but I personally haven't seen one in stores since the week it launched.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Why wouldn't they just fix whatever was wrong with the pad instead of abandoning a game they spent months creating and hyping up? Doesn't make any sense to me. Were the sales that poor and they figured it wasn't worth it?

Don't know if I believe this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mightymango

I dont buy it one bit. :/
    Part of the #Vbender Crew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I believe it may be difficult to find in stores right now but discontinued? I think not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Munchies879

According to Nintendo of America, it IS discontinued.

(This link was posted in another thread yesterday)

http://forums.nintendo.com/nintendo/...cending&page=1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Shit, maybe it is true then. Was just at Gamerush yesterday and saw a couple new bundles for sale there. Gotta go back now and pick one up before these things are impossible to find.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hoping this is just in need of a reprint. I'd like to pick this up eventually, but not badly enough to pay a premium for it.

I've got all of the DDRs for the PS2 and Xbox, which is plenty of dancing for me for now.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Son-ova..... I swear. THAT is just what we need. A rare "Mario" game. Bah!

If anyone has the heart to pickup an extra set for your boy GrandAmChandler, and not ass-rape him with a ridiculous price, please. PM me.
    #vbender

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just scored 2 of these at Blockbuster (one to sell on Ebay, one to keep). Only $40 each with the sale they've got on new games going on right now too. Looks like most stores don't carry them anymore, but the 2 BB's I've called have plenty of them.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I saw this game just yesterday. I really had no interest in DDR, so I never even gave it a second look. I better go see if its still there. I wonder if this will turn out like the RE shortages though?
    -Dobie
    NES, SNES, & Gameboy Collector

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by philosophyst
    I believe it may be difficult to find in stores right now but discontinued? I think not.

I just checked ebay out and they are going nuts, definately a "hot toy". I know some of you frown on buying retail and then trying to sell on ebay for a profit but I could really use some XMAS cash. I am going to go try and track some down to sell, I just called a few places but no luck. The search continues.....

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just checked ebay out and they are going nuts, definitely a "hot toy". I know some of you frown on buying retail and then trying to sell on ebay for a profit but I could really use some XMAS cash. I am going to go try and track some down to sell, I just called a few places but no luck. The search continues.....
    I don't frown on that. Make what you can, man.

Although, when I do find stuff, I usually offer them for better deals here first like I did with those Nintendogs bundles I just recently sold

As for the game being discontinued and not listed on sites like EBgames, when EB doesn't have items in stock, they just aren't listed on the site anymore. So if they sell out, they are out of the active database. Look up Paper Mario to see what I'm talking about. They definitely carry it for the N64 -- hell, I just ordered a copy today -- but you can't find it in their database... I snagged the last copy.

It probably has some production issues with the dance mats -- like the third party that was supplying them went belly-up or demanded more money for them or something. When - and I'm sure it will be - when that is taken care of, I would expect they'll be back out in force.

How much was this package regularly by the way? I was really interested in it and had seen it, but never bit and bought one yet. If it is a decent price, maybe I should...
    Dan Loosen
    http://www.goatstore.com/ - http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/
    ** Trying to finish up an overly complete Dreamcast collection... want to help? (Updated 5/3/10!) http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61333

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

saw a few at a K-mart about a week ago. Should flip it on the 'Bay

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GrandAmChandler
    Son-ova..... I swear. THAT is just what we need. A rare "Mario" game. Bah!

If anyone has the heart to pickup an extra set for your boy GrandAmChandler, and not ass-rape him with a ridiculous price, please. PM me.
    Damn, I should've bid $5 higher at VGXPO

\\ : NUON-Dome : / "The place to go for all things NUON." - Edge Magazine

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I swear I'm hitting every blockbuster in town and buying all I can buy tonight!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If it's because of the pad that Mario Mix has been discontinued, what did Nintendo expect? It's a flimsy soft pad. Anyone that's played DDR on one of these pads knows that they only last a couple months at most with regular use.

I agree with goatdan though. I bet whatever problems with this game will be fixed and re-stocked at stores soon.

EDIT: looks like prices are starting to dip a bit on Ebay. Most that were listed within the past couple days are now BIN'ing around $90-$100 (as opposed to $120). Now that word is out, looks like people are running around like apeshit trying to pick these bundles up. Still a nice little profit though.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by goatdan

I just checked ebay out and they are going nuts, definitely a "hot toy". I know some of you frown on buying retail and then trying to sell on ebay for a profit but I could really use some XMAS cash. I am going to go try and track some down to sell, I just called a few places but no luck. The search continues.....
    I don't frown on that. Make what you can, man.

Although, when I do find stuff, I usually offer them for better deals here first like I did with those Nintendogs bundles I just recently sold

As for the game being discontinued and not listed on sites like EBgames, when EB doesn't have items in stock, they just aren't listed on the site anymore. So if they sell out, they are out of the active database. Look up Paper Mario to see what I'm talking about. They definitely carry it for the N64 -- hell, I just ordered a copy today -- but you can't find it in their database... I snagged the last copy.

It probably has some production issues with the dance mats -- like the third party that was supplying them went belly-up or demanded more money for them or something. When - and I'm sure it will be - when that is taken care of, I would expect they'll be back out in force.

How much was this package regularly by the way? I was really interested in it and had seen it, but never bit and bought one yet. If it is a decent price, maybe I should...
    Retail at the normal $49.99 price.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by norkusa
    If it's because of the pad that Mario Mix has been discontinued, what did Nintendo expect? It's a flimsy soft pad. Anyone that's played DDR on one of these pads knows that they only last a couple months at most with regular use.
    I'm one of the weirdos that likes it more with the pad than with the hard ones.

Besides, it was just economical for Nintendo to do it that way. Hard pads cost a lot to make and ship. It would've made a $50.00 package (thanks BTW, I'll be lookin' tonight!) into a $100+ one.
    Dan Loosen
    http://www.goatstore.com/ - http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/
    ** Trying to finish up an overly complete Dreamcast collection... want to help? (Updated 5/3/10!) http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61333

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by goatdan
    Just as a heads up, Sisko checked at EB Games and Mario DDR does indeed have a discontinued code in the store computers.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Why not sell the game w/o the pad?

(•¿•) - "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that.
    Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Manners are a sensitive awareness of the feelings of others. If you have that awareness, you have good manners, no matter what fork you use." - Emily Post ----- Component Video looks just as good as RGB, is a heck of a lot easier to set up, and also a lot cheaper!