Thread: Gave refund for damaged game - Buyer gave me neg

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Gave refund for damaged game - Buyer gave me neg

Sold DDR Konamix about a month ago. The buyer emailed saying it was damaged in shipment. I issued the refund - including shipping.

Buyer left a negative. Don't think I deserved that. Think I should have had a positive - 'cause I gave good customer service & quick/easy refund.

Agree/Disagree?

I do the right thing - and I get slapped down with a NEG. Had I known - would not hve refunded the money.

(•¿•) - "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that.
    Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Manners are a sensitive awareness of the feelings of others. If you have that awareness, you have good manners, no matter what fork you use." - Emily Post ----- Component Video looks just as good as RGB, is a heck of a lot easier to set up, and also a lot cheaper!

Great Puma (Level 12) Darth Sensei's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Can you retaliate with a neg?
    DP Feedback

I am Darth Sensei on Xbox Live as well.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Of course, good service shouldnt get you a negative. There are buyers/sellers out there that doesnt know how the feedback works. Ask the buyer if he could withdraw the negative because you did refund and everything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This sounds like someone that needs to go on my block bidder list.

I bet that it is a new user. I had one like that about a month ago, but we worked it out and got the neg's removed.

I hate newbie's that throw out neg's If you don't care, please pm me their user name and I'll block them on my auctions,

Tony

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    XianXi

if it was damage during shipping that is his fault for not buying insurance. I wouldnt of given a refund because in my listings I state "I am not responsible for damage during shipping if no insurance is purchased"
    http://www.jamma-nation-x.com/
    Pandora/Blue Elf Adapters, Kick Harness Adapters, Custom CMVS Units, Neo Geo DIY Guides, Arcade PCBs, Neo Geo mods and more!!
    Jamma Nation X Videos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XianXi
    if it was damage during shipping that is his fault for not buying insurance. I wouldnt of given a refund because in my listings I state "I am not responsible for damage during shipping if no insurance is purchased"
    That is exactlly how I feel. I have the same line in all my listings that say that I am not responsible for lost or damaged packages if insurance is not purchassed. Kinda funny because when insurance is purchased I still am not responsible, the Post Office is. Gets me off the hook. People need to stop worrieing about negs, who cares?
    Condoleezza Rice is nice, but I prefer A Roni!

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Gave refund for damaged game - Buyer gave me neg

Quote Originally Posted by kevin_psx
    Sold DDR Konamix about a month ago. The buyer emailed saying it was damaged in shipment. I issued the refund - including shipping.

Buyer left a negative. Don't think I deserved that. Think I should have had a positive - 'cause I gave good customer service & quick/easy refund.

Agree/Disagree?

I do the right thing - and I get slapped down with a NEG. Had I known - would not hve refunded the money.
    First of all, if this ever happens, ask the buyer to return the merchandise to you before you issue a refund. I've had a lot of scammers try and tell me shit is broken, but when I ask them to send it back they never reply. Definetly ask for a withdrawl or leave a retaliate, anyway a few negatives aint all that bad.
    Even if I go to hell, I will live to the end of this world. And if the world does not come to an end... I will destroy it with my own hands!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

1 The guy is a freaking idiot to let you a neg when you offered quick refund.
    2 The guy is a freaking idiot for complaining about postal damages when he didn't ask for an insurance.
    3 The guy is a freaking idiot because he is a freaking idiot.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

He returned the game as requested.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    XianXi

I would retaliate with a neg since he left you one. If he doesn't have the courtesy to contact you first then return the favor.

Just put "Buyer didnt contact me first, left neg. Issued refund 12/2/05" or something like that.

I mean its not like he can do anything else after he already left the negative.
    http://www.jamma-nation-x.com/
    Pandora/Blue Elf Adapters, Kick Harness Adapters, Custom CMVS Units, Neo Geo DIY Guides, Arcade PCBs, Neo Geo mods and more!!
    Jamma Nation X Videos

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

good for you giving a refund. but stand up to jerks like that. Regarding shipping: bottom line regardless of insurance, the package could get damaged. And for those sellers who refund, you don't deserve a negative. For those that call you a sucker, cause your 5$ broken toy package without insurance got lost in the mail, even though I didnt send it, they get a negative, tell you, you're stupid and then slap a big negative on you. You guys believe that. Feedback sucks. cause its a weapon for scammers. tell me what you guys think.

Someone who waits to leave feedback till you leave feedback, SCAMMER?
    they do it so that it forces you to get rid of your negative, if you get rid of theirs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    zebrassss

Quote Originally Posted by chimp69

Someone who waits to leave feedback till you leave feedback, SCAMMER?
    they do it so that it forces you to get rid of your negative, if you get rid of theirs.
    Or maybe they are just waiting so if they happen to get an unjustified negative they can retaliate.

There are stupid new ebayers (like in this thread that left the negative) that leave negative feedback for dumb reasons, and they get a positive? No way jose.

I usually leave feedback right away for people that have alot of feedback, for ebayers with low feedback I usually wait because who knows?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Did you give him a negative in return for being such a child?

The Best Fighter in HISTORY!!!

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No was stupid & gave him a positive right after he paid.

Then he turns around & screws me. I even gave him an extra $2 to mail the game back. From now on - no positives until I see the buyer's feedback.

"Manners are a sensitive awareness of the feelings of others. If you have that awareness, you have good manners, no matter what fork you use." - Emily Post ----- Component Video looks just as good as RGB, is a heck of a lot easier to set up, and also a lot cheaper!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kevin_psx
    No was stupid & gave him a positive right after he paid.

Then he turns around & screws me. I even gave him an extra $2 to mail the game back. From now on - no positives until I see the buyer's feedback.
    Yeah I dont give postives anymore untill they get the game and they are satisfied. Once they give me feedback...then I give them feedback. For now on...do that.

The Best Fighter in HISTORY!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't sell real often on eBay, but when I do I never leave feedback until I get feedback. I used to be real idealistic and leave feedback right away after recieving payment, but after a couple of close calls dealing with truly idiotic buyers, I changed my policy.

The way I see it, feedback shouldn't be left until the transaction is complete, and the transaction isn't complete until I have my payment and the buyer has their item and both of us are happy. I usually put a message in my e-mails to the buyer stating "if you have any problems with the item at all, please contact me before leaving feedback and we can work it out," or something tot that effect.
    I only need 2 more NES games (US)!

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow amazon.com gives great service!

Just unwrapped this DVD. It does not work. Neither my DVD nor my PC will play the disc past 15 minutes - the video freezes & stops playing.

It's 34 days since I received the item - past amazon's 30-day limit. But given the long relationship with amazon & spending thousands of dollars - I think amazon could bend the rules. Allow a refund. And keep their customer happy.
    Greetings from Amazon.com.

Because CDs, DVDs, videos, software, and video games cannot be resold after they have been opened, we cannot accept the return of opened items for a refund (unless, of course, they are defective or damaged). However, because of the circumstances surrounding your order, I have made an exception in this one case.

I have refunded the item cost of $11.96.

Just iike that. Fixed. Don't even have to return the DVD!