Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Animal Crossing Still Playing Sign up for Tier 2!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just caught a bee, finally!

Anyone else caught a bee yet?

Another first for me today, shooting stars in my sky.

REMINDER: K.K. Slider Saturday night.....fishing tournament Sunday morning!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    icbrkr

Quote Originally Posted by JJNova
    Quote Originally Posted by alm0stfinished
    Ha. i just got a message in a bottle from ickbrkr. It claims that JJnova blows goats. funny stuff.

Why do most of you show up as red triangles?
    Hmm... One of the townsfolks showed me a letter that claimed 'JJ likes Sheep'.... and Icbrkr wrote that too!

Icbrkr, please, stop peering in my window when only the one candle is lit... Thanks
    There seems to be a common thread between these two actions, but danged if I can put my finger on it.

needs food badly. Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Schlimtor
    PSN
    Schlimtor

Quote Originally Posted by philosophyst
    I just caught a bee, finally!

Anyone else caught a bee yet?

Another first for me today, shooting stars in my sky.

REMINDER: K.K. Slider Saturday night.....fishing tournament Sunday morning!!
    How in the bloody stupids did you catch one? I've been trying for days and absolutely cannot do it!
    "Red Warrior needs food badly."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Schlimtor
    PSN
    Schlimtor

Oh and btw,
    my brother and girlfriend decided that they wanna get in on the Animal Crossing action.

D (Town: The Head) 4939-8250-5795

Silverra (Town: Musica) 3007-0897-5430

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Red Warrior
    How in the bloody stupids did you catch one? I've been trying for days and absolutely cannot do it!
    Yeah, someone PM'd me about this so I am just going to copy and paste what I sent him. Here you go:

To catch a bee you just switch to your inventory screen as soon as the bee hive falls from the tree. At this point, the game does not pause but the bees also can not sting you....they are just circling around you. Grab your net and (using the buttons, not the stylus), exit the screen with the Y button and then immediately hit the A button to swing your net. It may take a few tries but this is how you catch a bee. At one point, as soon as I exited the inventory screen, I just kept hitting the A button as quick as I could.

At first I thought it would be impossible to catch a bee in this game, it just didn't make sense. I learned how to do it at www.animalcrossingcommunity.com [LINK] - it is a neat website that is mainly devoted to the GC game but has a forum devoted to AC: Wild World with all sorts of information. The site is really busy since the new game came out so you do have to signup before viewing anything but it's free and worth it.

I hope this helps!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Schlimtor
    PSN
    Schlimtor

Thanks for the info!

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i complained about this in my lj, but you guys might understand it too.
    Okay so me and Antonio are "best buds", he always runs over when he sees me and gives me stuff like his only slightly sweaty elephant shirt. When I see a pair of "tiny glasses" in the store I immediately think of him, and take great pains in writing him the perfect letter to go with them. He seems to like them, although I don't see him wearing them and it isn't mentioned, he does send me a nice cabana screen in return.

Then I visit the recycling bin to throw away some trash and what do I find?!? TINY GLASSES!!!! I HATE YOU ANTONIO!!!!
    <iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/Lexicon810.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204">Lexicon810</iframe>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chocobokick
    Then I visit the recycling bin to throw away some trash and what do I find?!? TINY GLASSES!!!! I HATE YOU ANTONIO!!!!

What a turd.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chocobokick
    i complained about this in my lj, but you guys might understand it too.
    Okay so me and Antonio are "best buds", he always runs over when he sees me and gives me stuff like his only slightly sweaty elephant shirt. When I see a pair of "tiny glasses" in the store I immediately think of him, and take great pains in writing him the perfect letter to go with them. He seems to like them, although I don't see him wearing them and it isn't mentioned, he does send me a nice cabana screen in return.

You don't need him. Send him some trash. Maybe he'll get the point and leave.
    All my meseta if you can guess what CMTZ stands for.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How has the disconnect issue been affecting you all? Today was the first day of NWF for me, and I haven't had a good experience. I left my gates open this morning while I walked the dogs, and came back to find my game reset. Just now I tried to visit another town for the first time and was immediately reset before I even stepped foot in it.

I know it's not a constant thing with me because I've had people visit . I am now sporting a shirt made from one of Chloe's rather loud patterns, and icbrkr has darkened the utopia of Happyton with a lewd one that has shocked and saddened the otherwise morally spotless community. I've also added my own touches to Blanca's face that originally came from Dennis.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Up and running ^_^

info
    Code: 4639-1780-3707
    Name: Sharen
    Town: Puffiton

Sat and Sun: a good chance it'll be open most of the day/night

Mon-Fri: not until after 6 or 7 pm Central

Fruit is pears

Great Puma (Level 12) Sylentwulf's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Me and wife are JUST ABOUT out of room on our friends list. Still have a few red triangles, and we're going to start removing them.

If you have Toby or Chloe on your list as a red triangle, let me know, because EVERYONE in this thread is on our friends list as of this post (The last 3-4 names posted may not be updated yet, but they're on there)
    Rend, slaughter, devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory

DP Users get 8% off at www.ElectricQuarter.com using coupon code Digipress5

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    icbrkr

Quote Originally Posted by squidblatt
    Chloe's rather loud patterns, and icbrkr has darkened the utopia of Happyton with a lewd one that has shocked and saddened the otherwise morally spotless community. I've also added my own touches to Blanca's face that originally came from Dennis.
    Awww.. that shirt isn't that bad, it's the one I wear normally. I just wanted to share - that's what the Able sisters said I should do!

And just wait until you see what I drew on Blanca's face when she comes into my town...

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by icbrkr
    Awww.. that shirt isn't that bad, it's the one I wear normally. I just wanted to share - that's what the Able sisters said I should do!

And just wait until you see what I drew on Blanca's face when she comes into my town...

Any town that names itself Happyton is just asking for it anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Anyone else have the fishing derby? My sign says it starts today, but I haven't heard or seen anything else about it.

Gates are open, need someone to buy something from our store BTW
    Rend, slaughter, devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sylentwulf
    Anyone else have the fishing derby? My sign says it starts today, but I haven't heard or seen anything else about it.

Gates are open, need someone to buy something from our store BTW
    My fishing tourney started at 12, but the mayor will judge any fish that was in your inventory prior to that.

I had my gates open, but got disconnected again. So far I've only had two people visit my town succesfully, and I haven't once been able to step outside my own gates. Also, does anyone experience problems with Firefox while connected to WFC? I noticed that I couldn't load it while the gates were open. Could just be a coincidence.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sounds to me like you might have a very slow connection? could be why you can't do both at one and keep getting dropped.

Yeah, I finally got the 12 fisihing tourney started, I managed to get a 42 inch sea bass so far for first place. No rain, no coelecanth.

I've closed the gates until the derby is over though They'll be open back up again tonight.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I caught a sea bass at 45.1 but Chow is leading with a TUNA at 95 something. I haven't even caught a tuna for my museum yet, so I guess I lose this time.
    <iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/Lexicon810.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204">Lexicon810</iframe>

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sylentwulf
    Sounds to me like you might have a very slow connection? could be why you can't do both at one and keep getting dropped.

Yeah, I finally got the 12 fisihing tourney started, I managed to get a 42 inch sea bass so far for first place. No rain, no coelecanth.

I've closed the gates until the derby is over though They'll be open back up again tonight.
    I don't know that it's a slow connection. My laptop and desktop have always done fine, and I've got Roadrunner cable. Not sure what it is. Maybe I'll keep my DS closer to the router when I use WFC. So long as no one else is having the problem, I at least know it's something on my end.

I think I'll leave the gates open for a while just to see if repositioning helps. However, not much going on if anyone wants to visit. Nook's is closed and the Able sisters have only a few outfits left. Still have plenty of peaches.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by squidblatt
    I don't know that it's a slow connection. My laptop and desktop have always done fine, and I've got Roadrunner cable. Not sure what it is. Maybe I'll keep my DS closer to the router when I use WFC. So long as no one else is having the problem, I at least know it's something on my end.

I think I'll leave the gates open for a while just to see if repositioning helps. However, not much going on if anyone wants to visit. Nook's is closed and the Able sisters have only a few outfits left. Still have plenty of peaches.
    Oh, I definitely wouldn't say it's your fault. We've had problems roughly 50% of the time we go out/have visitors. I just make sure if I open my gates, I save first, and don't do much. If I'm going out, it seems to save when you leave town, so you won't lose much.