Xbox LIVE
    kejoriv

Default Microsoft sued over alleged Xbox 360 glitch

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Typical "Hey this stuff doesn't work, but instead of trying to get it fixed lets sue and get tons of money." lawsuit.

What percentage of X360s are defective anyway?

somewhere between the past and the future
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Typical.

Possibility is infinity! You must be satisfied!

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces. -The Sizz

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It appears that some people are just downright stupid. The console has been publicly released for only 13 days, every unit in the world is still under full warranty from both stores and Microsoft itself. If your console is not working properly out of the box then have it replaced. There's no need to sue them at this point. I wouldn't be surprised if this suit is thrown out.

The legal system is jammed up enough as it is, we don't pointless dilly daggling making it worse.
    Why don't you go play in the other room. Why don't you BURN IN HELL!! - Stewie.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The jackass is probably just trying to make a quick buck, like so many other frivolous-lawsuit-seeking people before him.

And I agree with the above post - send it in for warrany replacement. Why should it be different than any other consumer electronics?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think people need to be told every console generation to keep shit away from the machine's vent(s).
    Move 'sig' for great justice.

Great Puma (Level 12) -hellvin-'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Pfft. What an ass. What's the damn point? One phone call and Microsoft will pay to have it shipped out and back and fixed free of charge.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mightymango

This is going to be a common deal with all the new systems, which really sucks. :/
    Part of the #Vbender Crew

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

Quote Originally Posted by James
    It appears that some people are just downright stupid. The console has been publicly released for only 13 days, every unit in the world is still under full warranty from both stores and Microsoft itself. If your console is not working properly out of the box then have it replaced. There's no need to sue them at this point. I wouldn't be surprised if this suit is thrown out.

The legal system is jammed up enough as it is, we don't pointless dilly daggling making it worse.
    Preaching to the choir.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Considering that the console is only 2-3 weeks old, I am curious how he got an expert witness to examine it to verify that there is indeed a widespread "design defect" as to the console as opposed to some "manufacturing defect" as to his only.

Seriously, if it is a design defect, how do they explain the thousands of perfectly functional consoles?

Moreover, if some expert did take a look at his console, I am assuming that the idiot let them open it up, thereby voiding his warranty. While this may help his lawsuit, he has now failed to mitigate his damages by not allowing Microsoft to repair the unit.

On the other hand, if he didn't have anyone look at it, his lawsuit is clearly frivolous, unless he is somehow privy to Microsoft design specs, which is very unlikely.

Bottom line: This guy is a tool.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think the point that this lawsuit may be trying to address is that Microsoft should not have released faulty hardware/software.
    Then Morgoth hurled aloft Grond, the Hammer of the Underworld, and swung it down like a bolt of thunder.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pollock
    I think the point that this lawsuit may be trying to address is that Microsoft should not have released faulty hardware/software.
    Oh come on that's absurd. Sure a few 360s have experienced problems (the offical claim is 3%) but that's to be expected.

No product ever has a perfect 100% success rate off the line, especially one as complex as the 360. Some failures are to be expected.

What's important, and being ignored by the gentalman suing MS, is that Microsoft is offering free replacements with little hassle.

If it was a design flaw in every console (which it is not) then things would be a little different, but since Microsoft would still be doing free replacements, the lawsuit has no grounds.

Sony got sued because they were doing a shitty job replacing PS2's with DREs. They tired to screw the public and in the end it caught up with them. MS on the other hand is not trying to screw you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So your argument is based upon an assumption?

Please enlighten us with exactly what is faulty, the hardware or the software, and how it is faulty?

Botton line is there is nothing but circumstantial evidence at best, based upon hearsay, which will not stand up in any court of law.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by njiska
    What's important, and being ignored by the gentalman suing MS, is that Microsoft is offering free replacements with little hassle.
    Exactly, and that will likely cut off any right to damages he may have, especially if he has opened up the unit and voided the warranty.

The only thing that could keep this lawsuit going is if it turned into a class action lawsuit, which attorneys love, but consumers hate as they always get the shaft.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I don't see a thing in the article about this fellow putting something on top of the unit, so let's not speculate that this fellow is greedy when he might simply be an angry customer hoping that others don't get the run-around as well.

The 360 gets too damn hot; Microsoft apparently pumped up the output to the max and put in the minimum for cooling. Might be a good idea to rip open the 360 and put your own cooler on, or maybe attach a heatsink to the outside

I agree that suing when free replacements are offered is too far, but it'd be nice to get the hardware fixed up now - that might help the longevity of these units, and fix a potential fire hazard.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

Quote Originally Posted by esquire
    Quote Originally Posted by njiska
    Exactly, and that will likely cut off any right to damages he may have, especially if he has opened up the unit and voided the warranty.

The only thing that could keep this lawsuit going is if it turned into a class action lawsuit, which attorneys love, but consumers hate as they always get the shaft.
    They could never make a class action lawsuit out of it. There aren't enough people with faultly boxes to make a reasonable class.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Reading comprehension is key! I said the lawsuit MAY be addressing that. I never said it was a real issue...
    Then Morgoth hurled aloft Grond, the Hammer of the Underworld, and swung it down like a bolt of thunder.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Re: Microsoft sued over alleged Xbox 360 glitch

Quote Originally Posted by stonic
    When relatively big news articles get posted in old threads they tend to get lost in the shuffle. But hey, I've been on forums where folks closed new posts of mine that had big updates to stories because they wanted an "official" thread to be used...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Reading comprehension is key! I said the lawsuit MAY be addressing that. I never said it was a real issue...
    Not according to English grammar...

See?

Don't mean to be belligerent, but it's easy to see why somebody would think you were smashing Microsoft. Back to the program, then...

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

Default Re: Microsoft sued over alleged Xbox 360 glitch

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Oscuro
    Quote Originally Posted by stonic
    When relatively big news articles get posted in old threads they tend to get lost in the shuffle. But hey, I've been on forums where folks closed new posts of mine that had big updates to stories because they wanted an "official" thread to be used...
    '
    Yeah Stonic you've been around long enough you should know something like this isn't gonna get locked for already being in another thread.

It's a mere subnote in the other thread, but in truth it's a considerably more specific and important issues then Xboxs are crashing and deserves it's own place.