Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sega, make my wish, make Streets Of Rage 4

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ghouls N Ghosts
    Damn ESRB ratings and NOA for that one...
    How is NOA at fault here?

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You should prolly try The Rage (for 3d SOR action)

http://www.fluidgames.net/games/therage/download.html

it's very good...... and then the 2d remake which also isn't too bad.... but still in beta...

http://www.bombergames.se32.com/ playable demo not too shabby at all MAX is back

This could be something really great as times goes on I hope.

I wouldn't hold my breath for SEGA to make a new SOR I don't think it will happen their Dynamite Cop Series was quite fun... they won't even make a new Golden Axe the world is really in need of a new GA Namcos Dark Mage might suffice but I doubt it.... Gauntlet the 7 sorrows doesn't even deliver
    Go, go Ackman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

beats of rage is awsome.

Kirby (Level 13) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xizer
    i knew that was gonna be brought up, but NOA? Let's talk about their decisions lately, they were on a great roll with the Resident Evil series....then as soon as the contract cut short...back to the T's and E's again...

Yet back to the point....NOA called the shots to produce this....they had the right to decide what should have been kept on this GameCube title....SOA could have been blamed as well..

I just want to find out why did they make such a decision?

Simply to keep it at a "Sonic" level? Just like they took away the two games from Sonic Mega Collection? Yet letting Xbox and PS2 owners have the good ones? Sure it's a measly two....yet shouldn't the games, regardless of the platform it appears on have the equal amount of goods to deliver for the consumer?

GameCube is not for kids for godsakes, with Chaos Field right around the corner this week. You know NOA has some balls to release this for the hardcore audiences.
    These cartridges are dirty as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

they'd probably make it 3D. yuck.
    Sony, we will NEVER forget nor forgive. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G0LlXv-nyI

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by poloplayr
    they'd probably make it 3D. yuck.
    well if they do it right like Die Hard Arcade for the Saturn or Dynamite Cop 2 for the Dreamcast....

Spikeout was also pretty good for it's time but it hasn't aged as well meh.....
    Go, go Ackman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Go! Go! Ackman!
    Sony, we will NEVER forget nor forgive. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G0LlXv-nyI

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Or alternatively GO! GO! Mr Yamaguchi!

I always wanted to say that
    Go, go Ackman!

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just want to add that I tried out 'The Rage' which someone linked to this morning for about 2 mins, and within that short time I liked it. I say get the demo and play it, though I will proably play through the demo and be done with the game for good, definitly wouldnt buy it for much.

I also think that SOR or BK on the GBA would be great! I would love to see some more great SOR style gameplay, which brings me to BeatsOfRage.

I got, I believe, all the files for this (along with files for some emulators that are to run on DC), but I am a n00b at burning ISOs, and I do not have any good burning program like Nero, Alchlol, and etc. Is there anyway that someone could tell me how to get this working on my DC? Do I have to get some burning program or can I use what I got on my computer? Is there a free program that is easy to use that would work? Can anyone help me here?

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SuperShark
    I just want to add that I tried out 'The Rage' which someone linked to this morning for about 2 mins, and within that short time I liked it. I say get the demo and play it, though I will proably play through the demo and be done with the game for good, definitly wouldnt buy it for much.
    It only cost 9 dollar :/ and it was made in 2000 still like 90 times better than Fighting Force and all those other crap wana be Beat em ups but whatever.

I got, I believe, all the files for this (along with files for some emulators that are to run on DC), but I am a n00b at burning ISOs, and I do not have any good burning program like Nero, Alchlol, and etc. Is there anyway that someone could tell me how to get this working on my DC? Do I have to get some burning program or can I use what I got on my computer? Is there a free program that is easy to use that would work? Can anyone help me here?
    I think you need this program http://www.alcohol-soft.com/ but I could be wrong www.emutalk.net would be a better place to discuss things like this anyway.
    Go, go Ackman!

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah but SEGA should probably make a new Golden Axe instead mkay but they can't wait to make a game about a Chav chiawawa with gun and bling, bling bah dirty bastards
    Go, go Ackman!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

[quote="Ghouls N Ghosts"]
    Yet back to the point....NOA called the shots to produce this....they had the right to decide what should have been kept on this GameCube title....SOA could have been blamed as well..
    Umm, ok. Sure. Considering the fact that Sega published this, and Sonic Team developed it, I somehow doubt Nintendo was in significant control of this project. I also have a hard time believing that Nintendo would intentionally make a game inferior to versions available on the competition's system (Sonic Mega Collection). All of these decisions were SEGA's.

Considering the fact that Nintendo welcomes pretty much any game to their system (uncensored BMX XXX on GameCube, censored BMX XXX [BY SONY] on the PS2) something tells me they just won't give a shit if Sega releases a Sonic game that is rated "T".

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i knew that was gonna be brought up, but NOA? Let's talk about their decisions lately, they were on a great roll with the Resident Evil series....then as soon as the contract cut short...back to the T's and E's again...

I just want to find out why did they make such a decision?

Simply to keep it at a "Sonic" level? Just like they took away the two games from Sonic Mega Collection? Yet letting Xbox and PS2 owners have the good ones? Sure it's a measly two....yet shouldn't the games, regardless of the platform it appears on have the equal amount of goods to deliver for the consumer?

GameCube is not for kids for godsakes, with Chaos Field right around the corner this week. You know NOA has some balls to release this for the hardcore audiences.
    So you're saying nintendo should pointlessly maturify games? That didn't work either; see Shadow the Hedgehog. That game sucked ass.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XxMe2NiKxX
    So you're saying nintendo should pointlessly maturify games? That didn't work either; see Shadow the Hedgehog. That game sucked ass.
    Dude, I got that game for the XB, and it totally Rockz! The only part that would come anywhere close to what you are saying is the retarted, stupid, flipped up voice-overs! And I also hate how you cant have the origional Japanese voiceovers (never have I seen that since the Dreamcast, tough I have not played most GC ones) and how you are also required to have the subtitles (once again, it was like this on XB Sonic Heros, hate it). I wish that they would give you options to hear ANY, and I mean just about ANY other language VOs in this game, especially when you must have the english subtitles anyway. The English voice overs suck like crazy. Only really good ones are Shadow (thank God, with him being the main character and all), and Black Doom. The rest are horable!!! They sound stupid, retarted, and gay (and when I say gay, I mean extreamly sutpid, realy happy (in the darkest sonic game yet) and homosexual like, so bout every defenition that you have ever heard for the word).

I could complain for hours on each indivudal character voice over, excluding Shadow and Black Doom, but I still think that other than that, this game is totaly rad!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think Streets of Rage 4 would do well. Everybody who has played and loved Streets of Rage in the past would be obliged to buying it. But the 2d market is virtually dead, so let the series die as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I find it a bit presumptuous that one could predict that simply making a fourth game in the series would cause it to be a poor game. As well as that, it is not fair to fans of the series who would like to see the likes of Axel, Blaze, Sammy, Adam, and others back in action.

Streets of Rage was one of the Genesis' best games, and in my opinion, better in most ways that Final Fight (no disrespect to FF, though). To see it revived in the new millennium would be absolute bliss.

Although it would possibly work best in 2D on a portable system, there is nothing saying it wouldn't be fun in 3D. 3D beat-'em-ups are making a comeback, as per The Warriors and Urban Reign, as well as Final Fight's new title, Streetwise (although its popularity and fun level are yet to be seen).
    Looking for:
    Chūka Taisen (Cloud Master) manuals
    Monon Color + games