Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: re-printed rare games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DreamTR
    Just to clarify, Gamequestdirect gets their items from distributors, so they are NOT exclusive to them in any way, shape, or form.

Ahhh, okay. The guy who runs GQD posts over at CAG sometimes to let people know whenever he has a hot re-print for sale (like Rez and RE2 & 3). When he posted about the Rez re-release, he said that the game was exclusive to his store and nobody else would be selling it. Guess that was total B.S.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Rose
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini-Phoenix
    This is bad news. Bad bad news. Rhapsody and Persona II were the only two I had heard of [Getting a reprint] - Until now... I had heard rumours that Gitaroo Man and Rez were too...
    ... it's not bad news for gamers. Just bad news for collectors.
    Even so, there are plenty of colelctor's out there who will desire the original release, all because of that small white label on the top...

Let's put it this way ~ The NOW 4 Cd (UK) is one of the rarest and most expensive CD's available, and can be downloaded for pittance, but there are still people out there who will pay the £200+ for it just for their collection.

There are also vintage Cd's which have no bar code on the back (A few U2 Cd's spring to mind), and are considerably rarer than copies reprnted this year, and available for under a fiver in most Cd shops ~ Yet many collector's will gladly pay £70+ for the originals, despite the fact that they may not even work after 20 years of use...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was told by several Gamestop employees that the Gitaroo Man copies I am seeing at every store were not re-prints but apparently a warehouse find. They received copies of Gitaroo Man, Saiyuki, Persona 2, Rhapsody and Breath of Fire IV, and they had to open each and every copy before putting them in the "used" section. I forgot to bother to ask why they didn't simply sell them as "new". I am sure it had something to do with the business end of it all, but in the end it only hurts the collectors out there as they are no longer sealed. I also forgot to ask about Cubivore as I am seeing several Gamestops with "mint" used copies of this game as well.

Does anybody have any varying information as to any of these games? Where were they found? Why aren't they being sold as "new"?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just yesterday, my local Rhino Video Games got in new copies of Gitaroo Man and Rez. Yes, they're still selling them as new. However, not quite 2 weeks ago, they also received the Persona 2 and Rhapsody reprints, a couple of which they left sealed, but sold at used price (I asked them why and they said "Because we don't sell new PS1 games anymore"...). Also, I noticed Kuon was there right alongside the other new PS2 games...was it reprinted as well?

BTW, Breath of Fire IV was reprinted? That's news (and rather shocking, at that) to me...

Also, I'm kinda hoping PAL Rez doesn't get reprinted, as I just imported one from the UK and got it in the mail Friday. Same sentiment with VP and Suikoden II, although they are getting PSP ports.
    World's greatest Internet game store: http://blastedmachines.com

Also on Facebook: http://facebook.com/BlastedMachinesTechShop

Wanted: Any and all Dragon Quest, Lufia/Estpolis, Tales of series, and NIS games, strategy guides, and miscellaneous items. Will pay $$$ or trade well for items I don't already have.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I saw like, five copies of ICO at the EBGames I was at last week.

Is that game still in print in the US, and if not, did they reprint it for SotC or something? :/
    And don't bring up that stupid girlie Aladdin rip off! Shantea?