Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: re-printed rare games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Julio III
    in the UK, Ico is getting rereleased when Shadow Of The Collosus comes out
    Not only in the UK. I've read it is re-released all over Europe...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vectorman0
    PSN
    Vectorman0

To my knowledge, there is no way to tell any gamecube games print run when the game is sealed. They are exactly the same in every way from what I have seen, and heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Griking
    Quote Originally Posted by Darren870
    Cubivore (GCN)
    Resident Evil 2 and 3 (GCN)
    Gitarro Man (PS2)
    Persona 2 (PS)
    Rhapsody (PS)
    Rez (PS2)

Just some I have seen come into stores...
    Has it ever been confirmed that Rez was re-released? I've heard that the others have I haven't read anything confirming that Rez has

Quote Originally Posted by Christhegamer
    I'm just worried that when the reprints come along, then the rarity of the game will be lowered (thank heavens for the white strip; now all you got's to worry about is buying the game used Confused)
    So if all of the reprints are missing the seal strip on the top I'm assuming then that this pretty much means that all "used" copies of these previously rare games will be looked at as being reprints and therefore have no real value?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PS1Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by drewbrim
    GameStop should already have Saiyuki Journey West and Breath Of Fire IV.

Reprints to come are Valkyrie Profile and Suikoden II. Sell your copies now before prices dip.
    Any proof of this?
    Proof is I just picked up my new copy of Saiyuki and multiple stores had BOF IV. GameStop said they should be getting VP and SII soon as well. Though they called it "finding stock in the warehouse".
    I already sold my copy of VP about a month ago. but if I were you I would listen to him. He is the self proclaimed PS1 expert. But seems weird that any Gamestop employee would know about a reprint of a rare game. Whenever I ask about something they respond,"Maybe sometime this week, we are always getting shipments but we don't really know."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, I just made a trip to my local Gamestop, they're having a "Buy 2 Get 1 Free" seale this weekend. They had two mint copies of Saiyuki Journey West with the rest of the PS1 games. I think it would be too much of a coincidnce for me to have found them there like that after this topic had there not been a reprint.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    damionitc

I personally Make it a rule to not collect for current gen systems. you always run the risk of some held back stash or a reprint and with the prices for some games being what they are I'm glad I stuck with my policy.

now to go grab a copy of rez and find out what all the hub bub was about.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

OK the rez reprint is obvious to me now, i checked Ebay and they have like tons of em at BIN 51 dollars. my friend and i sold both of our copies, i had an opened used one, and he had a sealed onee. his sealed sold for 81.00 while mine opened sold for 80.00 so to me it is obviously REPRINT. good to hear though, but it doesn't matter casue i have the jap ver of rez for DC that's multi lingual! if they are rereleasing all these games, sell while you can!
    MY damn fds is being stupid so i bought another, that one didn't work, so i bought another, and another and another and another.....................

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by evil_genius
    Quote Originally Posted by drewbrim
    GameStop should already have Saiyuki Journey West and Breath Of Fire IV.

Reprints to come are Valkyrie Profile and Suikoden II. Sell your copies now before prices dip.
    Any proof of this?
    Proof is I just picked up my new copy of Saiyuki and multiple stores had BOF IV. GameStop said they should be getting VP and SII soon as well. Though they called it "finding stock in the warehouse".
    I already sold my copy of VP about a month ago. but if I were you I would listen to him. He is the self proclaimed PS1 expert. But seems weird that any Gamestop employee would know about a reprint of a rare game. Whenever I ask about something they respond,"Maybe sometime this week, we are always getting shipments but we don't really know."
    I'd be amazed if that's the case since the publishers for these games are all different. Atlus, Capcom, Enix, and Konami. When Atlus did it with Rhapsody and Persona it was suprising but at least it was just Atlus. Now if everyone is going to be doing it, it changes everything. Especially with VP, wouldn't they have to change the inserts and instruction manual to Square-Enix?

I consider this good for gamers and bad for collectors. Since I fit into both categories I am happy and concerned. I'd love to be able to grab some of these games at more reasonable prices. But I'd kick myself if could've sold a game for $80 and bought it weeks later for $30. Decisions, decisions.

Part of the #vbender crew Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Abstract Zero
    PSN
    Ze_roV
    Steam
    abstractzero

Quote Originally Posted by Sothy
    they should print them to be exactly identical to the originals too.

So I can laugh at assfaces that pay 600$ for a sealed one.
    I find your ideas intriguing, and I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Someone needs to start reprinting Battlesphere for the Jaguar.

--Zero

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Enixis
    Quote Originally Posted by Tron 2.0
    Suikoden II should have a reprint.

Btw i still have my copy but, every body should have a chance to enjoy it

Still knowing, Konami they won't since they like.. pulling that limted copy BS
    They're releasing Suikoden I and II on the PSP.
    Meh they should release it as a.. double pack for the console.

Blah i don't care for handhelds any ways :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.FoodMonster
    I still see no evidence of a REZ reprint. Amazon dosn't have anything but used copies, none in any of my local gamestops, and REZ dosn't even come up in ebgames site. If you bought a reprinted REZ, where did you get it?
    5 new listed on Amazon's page, bunches on Ebay. Doubt people decided to hate it all of a sudden.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    strayhellcat

Does anyone know whether the PS2 PAL Space Channel 5 Part 2 got a reprint? Large numbers of the game surfaced in Toys R Us around September this year. I think they've all been snapped up now, though.

Until recently it's been the hardest game to find a copy of for the PS2 over here. Ico and Rez were both findable (if barely), but now I think that honour goes to Rez. (Or maybe Ephemeral Fantasia... hehe.)

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darren870
    Rez (PS2)

Drat. So I should not have bought that Rez copy for $50?

(•¿•) - "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that.
    Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Manners are a sensitive awareness of the feelings of others. If you have that awareness, you have good manners, no matter what fork you use." - Emily Post ----- Component Video looks just as good as RGB, is a heck of a lot easier to set up, and also a lot cheaper!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Rose
    Until recently it's been the hardest game to find a copy of for the PS2 over here. Ico and Rez were both findable (if barely), but now I think that honour goes to Rez. (Or maybe Ephemeral Fantasia... hehe.)
    ICO and Rez are pretty easy to find. Maybe not cheap, but if you were willing to pay the price you could find one within a week. If you really want to a hard to find title, try getting a PAL copy of Polaroid Pete

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i think you should add vagrant story to the list as their atleast 6 sitting on the ps1 rack in my local gamestop ( all of them are in to good of condition to be used). ~Augusta Ga

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just to clarify, Gamequestdirect gets their items from distributors, so they are NOT exclusive to them in any way, shape, or form.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Atma Shiro
    i think you should add vagrant story to the list as their atleast 6 sitting on the ps1 rack in my local gamestop ( all of them are in to good of condition to be used). ~Augusta Ga
    You know, now that you mention it, each of the three or four Gamestops that I visited recently have had a copy or two of this game in stock in great condition. I didn't really think much of it because it's not really a very hard game to find but I suppose it's possible that it was re-released as well

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Griking
    Well, I just made a trip to my local Gamestop, they're having a "Buy 2 Get 1 Free" seale this weekend. They had two mint copies of Saiyuki Journey West with the rest of the PS1 games. I think it would be too much of a coincidnce for me to have found them there like that after this topic had there not been a reprint.
    Same thing here. First Gamestop had 3 or 4 copies of mint used Saiyuki ($19.99) and Breath of Fire IV (didn't check price).

Second Gamestop had used multiple copies of Gitaroo Man ($45), Persona 2 ($39.99) and Rhapsody ($39.99), all in mint like condition. Also noticed mint copies of used Cubivore.

Now if I can find a Valkyrie Profile and Suikoden II, I'll be all set.

EDIT: Went to a 3rd Gamestop. They had another copy of Gitaroo Man, Rhapsody, Cubivore and 3 copies of Saiyuki.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm fairly certain that Culdcept received a reprint at one point, but neither the original pressing nor the reprint was very sizeable to begin with.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Rose
    Does anyone know whether the PS2 PAL Space Channel 5 Part 2 got a reprint? Large numbers of the game surfaced in Toys R Us around September this year. I think they've all been snapped up now, though.

Doubt it - I am guessing that it was just excess stock being liquidated. The game was never properly released in the UK, so if you think it was hard to get in Oz, it was horrendous here. For a short while there was a batch of new copies on eBay UK and the price went down a bit, but then they dried up and it's gone back up again.

I grabbed a full length promo from Germany for a few Euros ages ago.

Vroomfunkel
    "The last time a nation did what a bush told them to do, they ended up wandering 40 years in the wilderness ... " - Anonymous

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll vouch for the reprint on rez, I have a pic of it on my site at:

http://gamerhistory.com/games/rez.html

There is absolutely no way to tell the difference from an original printing except for the missing top white spine label. If you were to buy it used, you would have no way of knowing. I hope more games get reprinted, more people should have the chance to play some of these awesome games.