Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How many achievement points do you have? (xbox 360 gamers)

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default How many achievement points do you have? (xbox 360 gamers)

Use this thread to perhaps post a link to your live gamertag and keep everyone updating with your achievement points (perhaps update every 500-1000 points)

As for myself

gamertag:

http://live.xbox.com/en-US/profile/p...GamerTag=Jcnet

I have 7965 points though that will soon change as soon as I beat the last racer in NFS:Mw he's worth 350 more points.

My collection: Users.ign.com/jcnet1
    (old systems missing lots, new systems missing some (havent updated for almost a year)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mightymango

Here is the thread with everyones tags
    http://www.digitpress.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=74874

I will say you have the most points I've ever seen on the 360.
    Part of the #Vbender Crew

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

Quote Originally Posted by s1lence
    Here is the thread with everyones tags
    http://www.digitpress.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=74874

I will say you have the most points I've ever seen on the 360.
    That's definitely up there with the top dogs on www.mygamercard.net,

Of course with games like King Kong that offer 1000 points just for beating the game it's not hard to rack up the points.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i have a little less than 300,but i could really care less about the points.i mainly play online games where i get little to no points.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mine is up to 1170...I thought that was pretty high up until I read this thread. :P

It's definitely unfortunate that there are a few select games that make racking up a gamerscore ridiculously easy (Tony Hawk has almost 50 acheivements and many of them can be done in a matter of minutes, if not seconds). But that sort of balancing across every game, developer and publisher and so on is probably impossible anyway.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pacmanhat
    Mine is up to 1170...I thought that was pretty high up until I read this thread. :P

It's definitely unfortunate that there are a few select games that make racking up a gamerscore ridiculously easy (Tony Hawk has almost 50 acheivements and many of them can be done in a matter of minutes, if not seconds). But that sort of balancing across every game, developer and publisher and so on is probably impossible anyway.
    Yeah, I thought I was doing pretty good at 725 also. =) My problem is I'm playing too many old Xbox games that I've missed in the past. My goal is 1000 by the end of the year. Its obtainable. =)

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

I think what really matters isn't so much the number of points, so much as it is which ones you have. For example a PGR3 player with all Hardcore medals unlocked is someone to be feared. SOme one with 1000 Killcount games in PDZ is an idiot, er, i ah, mean skilled player.

1000 from King Kong is nothing, 900 in PGR3 is a feat worthy of a Demi-God.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm at 300 something. My points are mostly from COD2. I beat it on normal, now I'm going through on Vetran to get all of the points. Quake 4 is seriously stingy with their points... some of them are literally impossible for everyone but the MOST skilled players (i.e. rank #1 in the All Gametypes board nets you... 20 POINTS!). The gamerscore is pretty useless, except for comparing achievements within the same game among friends.
    -Dobie
    NES, SNES, & Gameboy Collector

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My points mean nothing with the system as it currently stands every single one of us in the top ten have a lot of cheap points.

I have 2000 points from sports games alone which = easy points so technically I only have about 6000 non cheap points.

The top guy everyone else in the top ten has 3000 to 4500 points from sports games.

The only way to make it ot the top is to go after the cheap 30 minute to earn 1000 points games. thats why the achievement point system doesnt mean much, I just made this thread out of curiosity.

(old systems missing lots, new systems missing some (havent updated for almost a year)

Giganticus breathalizer Mr Mort's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree. Some games seem to give away achievements that are worth a lot, while others put you through hell just to get 20 points or so. Sports games in particular seem to give out a lot of points for pretty basic stuff. IMHO, as already stated, I don't necessarily think that a person's gamerscore is really that indicitive of how skilled the player is. I usually look at what achievements they actually have unlocked to determine how good they are.

Personally, I only have a score of 220, because all I ever play (in fact, I'm obcessed with it) is Ridge Racer 6, which is not all that generous with the gamerscores.

Still though, I like the idea, and I like the fact that you can look at a member's profile and see what achievements they've unlocked.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ridge racer is the hardest 360 game to earn points in, harder than pgr 3, or PDZ even, I spent about 3-4 long days on ridge racer 6 just to get 145 points and the only two special achievement car points I have are for the crinale and the pac-man car. God the monstrous and angelus are freaking hard >< Thats why I decided to play through gun, THAW, and NFS: MW before going back to try again - I needed a break from my failures lol ><

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

Quote Originally Posted by xmagxus
    Ridge racer is the hardest 360 game to earn points in, harder than pgr 3, or PDZ even, I spent about 3-4 long days on ridge racer 6 just to get 145 points and the only two special achievement car points I have are for the crinale and the pac-man car. God the monstrous and angelus are freaking hard >< Thats why I decided to play through gun, THAW, and NFS: MW before going back to try again - I needed a break from my failures lol ><
    RR6 has some pretty hard acheivements but nailing 42,000k on a cone course isn't very easy either. If you get all Plataniums i'll bough down before you.

Looking at how things have played out so far it looks like racers have the most potential for quality achievements while FPS games offer less variety and most achievements seem easy to obtain. I'm curious to see what DOA4, the X306 first figher, brings to the table in terms of Acheivements.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The easiest game I've seen achievement-wise is Tony Hawk's American Wasteland. The game has 45 total acheivements, some of which consist of getting a high score in each level - not THE high score, just A high score. To top that off, the high-scoreboards all default to 1,000 points, which most Hawk players can earn in a matter of seconds.

The single easiest achievement I've seen, though, is the Record Book one in Madden 06. It says you need to 'enter the record book', but they don't mean setting a record. All you need to do is look at it. If there's an easier achievement than that, I've yet to hear about it.

On a related note, has anyone managed to get the Geometry Wars 'Pacifism' achievement (survive for 60 seconds without firing)? I've tried and tried, and I swear it's impossible.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

my friend got it,although his high score is only like 700,000 some.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

The easiest game I've seen achievement-wise is Tony Hawk's American Wasteland. The game has 45 total acheivements, some of which consist of getting a high score in each level - not THE high score, just A high score. To top that off, the high-scoreboards all default to 1,000 points, which most Hawk players can earn in a matter of seconds.

The single easiest achievement I've seen, though, is the Record Book one in Madden 06. It says you need to 'enter the record book', but they don't mean setting a record. All you need to do is look at it. If there's an easier achievement than that, I've yet to hear about it.

On a related note, has anyone managed to get the Geometry Wars 'Pacifism' achievement (survive for 60 seconds without firing)? I've tried and tried, and I swear it's impossible.
    I too am suffering with that one. Everything just gets so cluttered and it's hard to find safe space. But it is quite possible because J Allard has it. Bastard also has Survied 100,000 points too.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Call of duty 2 really ****ed me off today I was throwing smoke grenades, waiting for the smoke to be everywhere then I 'd run out into the smoke to try to get to the next cover spot - how was the enemy ai stil landing apparent headshots on me.

Veteran difficulty should mean BETTER ai NOT CHEAPER AI.

I am giving up on the CoD 2 achievements fo r now,

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh, its not impossible, I did it. My trick was to go around the edges, then if there was a blockage, I'd cut through the middle.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've done it too... I don't have any tips, except keep moving, and don't die.

Scoring and surviving 100,00 I've done... my high score sucks though. I always seem to get owned as soon as I hit the 100,00 mark. Shapes start flying from everywhere, and I have to bomb like crazy just to stay alive.
    -Dobie
    NES, SNES, & Gameboy Collector

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Back from the dead, but I had to announce I finally hit 1/2 a million points in Geometry Wars. It just gets crazy.

GS Now: 1245

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    tholly1983
    PSN
    tholly

I don't know if the Live Arcade version is different from the PGR3 version, and since I don't have the Live version yet, I tried it in the PGR3 version. I watched the clock and didn't shoot anything...I did it first try and last for almost 70 seconds before I got overrun with enemies.....it was the simplest thing to do.....now, if the non-PGR3 garage version is different, then I don't know.

Also, I only have Hexic HD and PGR3, so my Achievement score is only at 450 right now.....
    Collection Pics--RFGen List--Excel Collection Spreadsheet
    Wii: 6005 4631 6751 2174 -- PS3: tholly -- X360: tholly1983