Thread: Who has a complete US DS collection? User updated towards end of thread

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drexel923
    Quote Originally Posted by Lozza
    Only the super rich have money to throw away on a complete collection. I wouldn't want a complete collection, even if I was a millionare, most of the DS games aren't that appealing especially Disney/film ones.
    I'd hardly say that I'm super rich.

Most of my collection has been found through sales and just good hunting. I definitely do not pay retail price for every game released (in fact I only do for the titles I really really want).

Would you say the same thing about any of complete system collectors out there (NES, Genesis, etc). By your reasoning even anyone who collects anything would have to be super rich...I saw a guy who collects every piece of Planters memorabilia out there...he must be loaded.
    I see the positive side of collecting, especially if you're into it, but if the estimated value of a DS collecting is $2,000+...

You'd have to spend at least half of that. I don't have that kind of money, and you'd have to be pretty well off to afford it. Considering it is what it is - a collection of games.

I'm not knocking it. I just personally think you have to be a fanatical person to spend all that money.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

so what do you guys think are the top 5 hardest games to get for the DS?
    YouTube: MasonSushi---- http://www.youtube.com/user/masonsushi
    NintendoAge: MasonSushi
    Licensed NES- Complete....32X Complete
    N64- Complete....Master System (CIB)- 8 left
    TG-16 Hu - Complete

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

In no particular order

Pheonix Wright, Elf Bowling 1 & 2, Bust-a-Move DS, Electroplankton (obviously), SBK: Snowboard Kids DS (never seen it in stores).
    Mostly just play Nintendo 64. If you've got games PM me! Cart only.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Only the super rich have money to throw away on a complete collection. I wouldn't want a complete collection, even if I was a millionare, most of the DS games aren't that appealing especially Disney/film ones.

Most of my collection has been found through sales and just good hunting. I definitely do not pay retail price for every game released (in fact I only do for the titles I really really want).

Would you say the same thing about any of complete system collectors out there (NES, Genesis, etc). By your reasoning even anyone who collects anything would have to be super rich...I saw a guy who collects every piece of Planters memorabilia out there...he must be loaded.
    I see the positive side of collecting, especially if you're into it, but if the estimated value of a DS collecting is $2,000+...

You'd have to spend at least half of that. I don't have that kind of money, and you'd have to be pretty well off to afford it. Considering it is what it is - a collection of games.

I'm not knocking it. I just personally think you have to be a fanatical person to spend all that money.
    Once again I'll have to disagree. Say I've spent $1000 on DS games...thats over a span of about 15 months (since the DS was released). So that averages to around $66 a month...I'd hardly call that unreasonable for any person with a job...heck, even if we bumped it to $100 a month, I'd still say that almost anyone here could afford it.

As for me (and other DS collectors) being fanatical people...you better get used to that opinion if your going to be hanging around here much longer. I know people on this site who spend way more a month on games than I do, striving to have complete library collections of every system ever made...with some of the games they desire being $100+ to $1000+ a piece. Personally for eveything other than the DS, I collect only games I enjoy...I just love the DS system so much, that I think it would be a nice collection to go for. But I'm not going to go on and on about collecting vs gaming...use the search feature and you will see that the discussion has been beaten to death.

But once again...collecting does not happen overnight...you don't just wake up and say "I think I'm going to drop $2000 and get all the games for ____ system"...most people, including myself, collect slowly waiting for deals to arise. If we didn't, then we wouldn't be able to afford to do so at all...in other words, you would indeed have to be rich. But as I said, most people here are not, they just know how to pace themselves.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    tholly1983
    PSN
    tholly

Quote Originally Posted by dbiersdorf
    In no particular order

Pheonix Wright, Elf Bowling 1 & 2, Bust-a-Move DS, Electroplankton (obviously), SBK: Snowboard Kids DS (never seen it in stores).

damn....ive seen all of those in multiple quantities ('cept electroplankton, but i have that anyway) in stores new and used before....i guess i should have gotten them when i had the chance....now i just dont have the money until i either start working again in the summer or sell my car sound system (hopefully this will happen over spring break bc a kid has $350 of the $500 I want and he said he is pretty sure he can get the other $150 over break....)
    Collection Pics--RFGen List--Excel Collection Spreadsheet
    Wii: 6005 4631 6751 2174 -- PS3: tholly -- X360: tholly1983

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Once again I'll have to disagree. Say I've spent $1000 on DS games...thats over a span of about 15 months (since the DS was released). So that averages to around $66 a month...I'd hardly call that unreasonable for any person with a job...heck, even if we bumped it to $100 a month, I'd still say that almost anyone here could afford it.

As for me (and other DS collectors) being fanatical people...you better get used to that opinion if your going to be hanging around here much longer. I know people on this site who spend way more a month on games than I do, striving to have complete library collections of every system ever made...with some of the games they desire being $100+ to $1000+ a piece. Personally for eveything other than the DS, I collect only games I enjoy...I just love the DS system so much, that I think it would be a nice collection to go for. But I'm not going to go on and on about collecting vs gaming...use the search feature and you will see that the discussion has been beaten to death.

But once again...collecting does not happen overnight...you don't just wake up and say "I think I'm going to drop $2000 and get all the games for ____ system"...most people, including myself, collect slowly waiting for deals to arise. If we didn't, then we wouldn't be able to afford to do so at all...in other words, you would indeed have to be rich. But as I said, most people here are not, they just know how to pace themselves.
    If the DS becomes anything like the Gameboy then games releases will become more and more frequent, and I can see people running into a rough spot. But I think it's cool, good luck. I'm personally trying to collect every single NGPC game. I have 5 so far. I hope I can make it to the end.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow! Thats a great amount to spend each month considering how many DS games you've acquired!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Nick is hardcore for DS, so a slightly higher amount of money on DS love is all good. Stop the hate. There are other people who spend gobs more dough than he does.

We're up to 51. Have pretty much all the worthwhile games, and fill the rest out with junk. Keep in mind, I am also in Nick's boat - anything junky I paid $15 for, tops. TRU closing, KMart closing, TRU sales, etc probably accomodated 25% of the games I have.

I admit, I really like the system, so I paid full price for a lot of it. Sure, I could have paid $5 for Pac Pix at the closing TRU, but the game is so damn awesome it was worth it for $30.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Top Gun came out today I believe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

lost my internet connection at home, so i've been away for a bit... right now i'm stealing online time from a friend... but i wish i could have been around more for all this...

first of all, i think it's hard to really peg the 'rarest' DS games right now, because i've found that it's typically a regional thing. nearly all games are easy to find if you know where to look for them, with exception of phoenix wright and nintendogs best friends. everything else might take some hunting, but i guarantee you could find it.

as for being "super-rich" or whatever. i DO pay full price for my games, usually because i'm not patient enough to wait for price drops and i'm too lazy to track down deals. but i'm certainly not rich by any means. i spend money on bills, food, gas, and games. that's really it.

but people act like it takes SO much income to collect. it really does not. i have a good job. my wife has a good job. being in a 2-income household helps. but really, the money required to collect, even "hardcore" collect and pay full price... it's not unreasonable.

as for my collection... i'm still caught up. i've got all the US released games (am i still the only one here?) plus the iffy ones like the metroid demo and the zelda trailer. i've got a silver and a teal system. a friend is visiting from japan in a couple weeks, so he's picking up an enamel lite for me. i've got a ton of styluses and stylus holders, wriststraps, weird promo things... still not super-rich though.

oh... and the animal crossing bundle... pretty sure it's like the mario one, drexel... yep, you'll have to buy it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DocRamon
    oh... and the animal crossing bundle... pretty sure it's like the mario one, drexel... yep, you'll have to buy it.
    Well thanks alot then :/

I'll have to run to down to EB and check it out when it comes out.

I'm still not completely sure though...I haven't seen it anywhere online other than EB and I highly doubt they would get an exclusive bundle. Either way, we will find out in a few days.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

gamestop has it for pre-order too... and one of the newspaper ads next week, i think target, is going to have it featured.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Capybara554321's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Woot i just got the last 2 games i needed so that gives me 24 to 48 hrs of having a compleate collection.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

nice!

trust me... maintaining a complete collection is a hell of a lot easier than going back and getting one in the first place.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DocRamon
    nice!

trust me... maintaining a complete collection is a hell of a lot easier than going back and getting one in the first place.
    Argh... too true. I started in Feb 2005, about 3 or 4 months after the DS came out. Already it was difficult for me to try to keep up (and I ended up giving up for now).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ya madden was easy to find although i didnt want to pay 29.99 but megman was sold out all over the place. also updated game list on last page

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So how are everyones collections doing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i'm researching a couple of rogue games, but other than that... still complete.

109 games and counting.

i had a friend come into town from japan. he obviously couldn't get me a DS lite, which sucked, but he picked up a bunch of other things for me... the colored stylus holders and an animal crossing case... all very cool.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm still staying around 4-5 games needed for a complete collection.

But there has been a big change in my system collection. Originally I assumed that getting all the bundles wouldn't be that big of a deal...especially if they kept it like the Gamecube or GBA (where theres usually only so many a year, and most of them are real new bundles...not just a regular system with a sticker on the case). Unfortunately with DS we have seen three Electric Blue Sticker Bundles recently...and thats all in the month of March x_x So now, my rules have been edited to include collection only special system bundles (Nintendogs Teal/Pink, Mario Kart Red, etc.).

I think in the end it will still be a nice collection...and I really wouldn't have had a problem if they weren't releasing 2-3 bundles a month. Oh well...it'll save money to buy more games

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

109 games? I thought the us release count was at 106 counting the newly released ice age but not counting the metroid prime demo and such.

My collection: Users.ign.com/jcnet1
    (old systems missing lots, new systems missing some (havent updated for almost a year)