Thread: Opinion: What is Zelda:TP is coming out for GC or Revolution

Strawberry (Level 2) icarwngs55's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Opinion: What is Zelda:TP is coming out for GC or Revolution

Ok, I have now gotten into my 1,000,000th fight with this guy at EB games here in Pittsburgh. Which after the fight this time he looked at his manager and said "Everyone is so stupid! I am the only one who knows what is going on with games these days." That pissed me off. Anyway, I feel that Z:TP is coming out for Revolution. It is the only thing that makes sense. This guys retort is always REVOLUTION IS BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE! NO SHIT....But I say this guy has never taken a marketing class. Would it make sense (profit wise) for nintendo to put out a game for a system that will be "replaced" in several months following the games release for GC? NO. It would make more sense for Nintendo to release the game for Rev and sell it as an amazing Launch title (Unlike the last one...Luigi's mansion which was just a graphics show). Some may say well people can just play it on GC then buy a Rev and play it some more with extra features. I agree I would do this. But if people know they can play it for GC and Rev does not excite them with other titles, they will hold off and sales will go down. To further this game informer recently had an article alluding to the Revolution having Zelda as a launch title. I said this to the guy and he responded with, "That isn't my magazine" ANYWAY, I am not saying I am right, this is just my feeling

And I want to know yours!~

Mike

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Twilight Princess is definately a Cube game - it's the system's swan song. The fact is, it has been repeatedly said that it would make sense to move it to the Revolution but many Nintendo reps have said that definately will not happen - it is a Cube game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

Nintendo said it's a cube game.

And also, this is the wrong forum entirely for this sort of Question.
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ubersaurus
    Nintendo said it's a cube game.

And also, this is the wrong forum entirely for this sort of Question.

Haha, SO IT IS...Move it!

Mike

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, I think it's definately gonna remain a GCN game. TP eill probably be coming out late winter/early spring, and I don't think we'll see the Revo till next fall, so I don't think the two releases will be too close.

But even if they are I can't see one hurting the the other. The reality is, not everyone is gonna replace their GCN when the Revolution launches. Lots of people will still be gaming, on a Cube after the Revolution comes out. So I'm sure Nintendo will continue to release big name first party titles on the Cube untill the Revolution has had time to settle in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Something tells me there pushing it to be on the Revolution. I'm not sure why, but I guess I'm leaning that way.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpman Jr.
    Something tells me there pushing it to be on the Revolution. I'm not sure why, but I guess I'm leaning that way.
    Same here, I feel like they might even do a earthbound 64 thing here. I played TP at E3 and the game seemed 99.9% done. I have a feeling that cube is on its last breath and it would be a waste to release TP on a dead system. Either way, I hope TP comes out for cube.
    Even if I go to hell, I will live to the end of this world. And if the world does not come to an end... I will destroy it with my own hands!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Necrosis99

My assumption by the info on Nintendo.com is that TP is going to be for the Gamecube. I've seen stores with pre-orders for it and I'd assume since there's no info anywhere about it for the Revolution then It's just plain stupid to think they would.

http://www.nintendo.com/gamemini?gam...-84e0f270ab8b&

It's a Gamecube game. Quite possibly nintendo will have a re-release on the revolution but it's be alot of unnessecary work for them to undo everything they've already done.

http://www.toysrus.ca/webapp/wcs/sto...roductId=69023
    http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/243453.asp
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...games&n=507846

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't understand, why were you mad at the EB guy? Because he had a few facts and all you had was a feeling? I don't mean to come off like a tool, but he has Nintendo officially saying it will be a cube game, history saying that one of the last games on a Nintendo system is a big Zelda game. And you have a feeling it will be on the Revolution. I'm going to go with the EB guy on this one, he's the one with some info to back it up, you don't

Pac-Man (Level 10) hezeuschrist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Hezeuschrist

It is a Cube games, and anyone who thinks otherwise obviously hasn't taken a "Pleasing your retailers" class.

Cancelling already thousands upon thousands of preorders because they moved the game to a different platform would not be beneficial to Nintendo. The last thing they need to do is get even less shelf space at the major game retailers.

It doesn't make sense to anyone involved to push it to the Revolution. Everyone who is looking forward to this game is looking for it to be a true heir to OOT, as Wind Waker certainly was not. Not to mention Miyamoto has said many times that this is the last Zelda of it's kind, meaning it will control familiarly, which the next Zelda on the Revolution most obviously will not.

However, it does make sense to bundle it with the Revolution at launch, assuming that the game and the system are released at the same time.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My feeling is that they'll meet that launch date in April, and it will come out for the Cube. The huge stock of leftover Gamecube systems I see at most retail stores has to go somewhere. Nintendo doesn't really have anything else lined up that could sell them like a Zelda game would.

-Hitman-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is very simple. Nintendo has stated many many times that Twilight Princess will be a GameCube game! That's the bottom line, plain and simple. And personally, I don't blame the EB guy for getting flustered with you.
    I only need 2 more NES games (US)!

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes, this is very simple. Nintendo cares more about the Nintendo fans then they do about making money on their next gen console with the one property that is perhaps their only mainstream game now. Answer: Cube game.

Nintendo fans would whine that "their game" wasn't released on "the right system." Nintendo caters their home consoles to their fans, not to the general public any more. Therefore, Zedla: TP = GCN.
    Dan Loosen
    http://www.goatstore.com/ - http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/
    ** Trying to finish up an overly complete Dreamcast collection... want to help? (Updated 5/3/10!) http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61333

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok I'll rescind thzt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crazyjackcsa
    I don't understand, why were you mad at the EB guy? Because he had a few facts and all you had was a feeling? I don't mean to come off like a tool, but he has Nintendo officially saying it will be a cube game, history saying that one of the last games on a Nintendo system is a big Zelda game. And you have a feeling it will be on the Revolution. I'm going to go with the EB guy on this one, he's the one with some info to back it up, you don't
    FACTS! HA! I laugh at your "facts"...Don't get me wrong guys, I love Nintendo I have enough of everyone of their systems to prove that...I love EB and Gamestop...I spend thousands of dollars at their locations. My issue is that know one knows. THis is an opinion thread PURE AND SIMPLE (A term you all seem to like). This is not an attack on anyone, so simma down. That guy at EB was a Pee on. He knew no more than you or me, and no one not me...not you guys, can say that it is a fact it is gonna be on Rev or GC. No one knows, if it comes out for Cube GREAT...I'll buy it (I have it reserved)...If it comes out for REV....GREAT I'LL BUY IT! I will move my preorder to Revolution. No matter what nintendo says I will believe it when I see it. Game Informer which has closer ties to Nintendo then that EB clerk speculates it will be Revolution. January 2006 issue of EGM speculates Revolution. It is a spreading mentality and I have said it was gonna be moved to Rev from the moment the pushed back the release. So all I was asking for here was your opinion, you can agree with the EB guy...but come on where is the love for me A fellow DPer :'(

haha

Anyway once again I call Shinanigans on Nintendo...it wouldn't be the first time they switched somthing completely at the last minute guys...think

All love,
    Mike

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

No, I would say it's forgone conclusion it's on gamecube. The project lead has said so, the president of Nintendo has said so, Miyamoto has said so. To say nothing of the fact they'd probably end up having to dump all the code and come up with a completely different control scheme, all of which is more work than they could do in a year.

There's no evidence to suggest that it's coming out on Revolution, and all evidence to suggest that it's coming out on Cube. Being pushed back 6 months doesn't mean revolution exclusive, it just means pushed back 6 months.

Now, if it gets packed in with the Revolution to push backwards compatibility, I could see that. But it will come out by itself beforehand, and on the cube.
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Now, if it gets packed in with the Revolution to push backwards compatibility, I could see that. But it will come out by itself beforehand, and on the cube.
    I agree wholeheartily

I could definitly see that happening with Zelda being packaged in with the revolution

that wouldn't surprise me at all,

But I still think that it will be a GameCube title

there's really alot of evidence supporting that it will be a Gamecube release and really the last or one of the last major titles for the system.

"With Great Power Comes Great Responisibility"
    Wanting to Collect full set of Super Nintendo Games as well as Dreamcast Games.

http://users.ign.com/collection/Lothars

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    joey_80

No, I would say it's forgone conclusion it's on gamecube. The project lead has said so, the president of Nintendo has said so, Miyamoto has said so. To say nothing of the fact they'd probably end up having to dump all the code and come up with a completely different control scheme, all of which is more work than they could do in a year.
    I agree 100%. How many times does everyone involved in this game have to say "it's going to be on Gamecube" before people get it through their minds. Hopefully it will be released sometime around April. The Revolution (is 100% speculated) to be launched sometime around Thanksgiving 2006.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i wouldn't be surprised to see a second version for the revolution that has extra functionality pertaining to the hardware, even more so if the rumored 100+ hour game can't fit onto one cube disc alone, a dvd9 version wouldn't be out of the question

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The revolution will maybe be delayed and then fyi it'll HAVE to come to the gamecube regardless that its meant to anyhow