Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i got a 20th ann. GBA famicom micro!........

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default i got a 20th ann. GBA famicom micro!........

and i CAN'T find my gba games! and i forgot this thing doesn't play old GB games. BUT this thing is COOL its freakin SMALL and that fact that it matches my famicom is kool too! the construction on this is top notch! anybody else get one of these thing? *i gotta go to eb and buy some gba games, any suggestions?
    MY damn fds is being stupid so i bought another, that one didn't work, so i bought another, and another and another and another.....................

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

go w/ sonic advance, super mario advance 2; or maybe even tetris worlds :P.

Can you give us a pic?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i will as soon as i find a camera it's pretty cool!
    MY damn fds is being stupid so i bought another, that one didn't work, so i bought another, and another and another and another.....................

Kirby (Level 13) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's pretty sweet man, the box especially! I wish I had one, but I just have an SP...it's too tempting...

Oh another downside to the Mirco is it cannot use the link up cable for GameCube...

I played Sonic Advance 3 on it and it's actually pretty solid

Some company released some new face plates for the Mirco (I think it's Pelician)
    These cartridges are dirty as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!

Pac-Man (Level 10) Arqueologia_Digital's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Enjoy it!, but only for collecting, not for playing. That fu*$@ little display is horrible. The best of that system is the packaging, no more else. I prefer a GB Advance SP all my life...

Matías

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arqueologia_Digital
    Enjoy it!, but only for collecting, not for playing. That fu*$@ little display is horrible. The best of that system is the packaging, no more else. I prefer a GB Advance SP all my life...

Matías
    I FULLY agree... the new LCD SP , right comrade?

The micro is well..nano...

BUT i DOOOOOOO have one... not opened yet (as my wife got it for me.... thru ME... for xmas... she has not even seen it yet...

SHE also got ME (thru me) a teal nintendogs bundle...

SHE truly loves me (THROUGH me of course... as she could care give a rat's ass and less about gaming,....except when we get the capitol one card statement...).

Ohhhhhh i am SOOOOOOOOO excited for xmas...

oo oo oo ....as well she got me a new sealed Gunstar SUPER heroes and tomorrow she is getting me a new sealed Metal Slug advance...

Gawsh...she really LOVES me.... REALLY loves me (but not as much as Capitol One does...)

btw...i was in a Hot Topics today and on CLEARANCE with another 50% off was a METAL SUG T-shirt... for like $2...

so i bought THREE of them.,..one for me... and two for my lover-ly daughters (4 and 9) that play Metal slug (one) with their demented DAD on the old family big RED 4 slot SNK MVS machine....

HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!

GRAB that rarity away from the LOSER in front of you at that garage sale... they do not DESERVE it

Life is short... Take what you can...

"mine mine mine"...D. Duck

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Matías

Actually, the screen in the Micro is the best screen to ever be placed in a Game Boy. It has the same pixel count as the SP, but each pixel is smaller and closer together. This results in a better image. Colors look richer and graphics sharper. I can agree with the point that it's too small, but making it bigger would have pushed the price up even further. People were already bitching about the $100 price point.

I use it almost exclusively for my GBA games, and it's also the only Game Boy that leaves the house with me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mightymango

The screen is tiny thats for sure but the picture is great.
    Its almost to small to hold, but that could be just me getting used to it.

I still prefer my SP 2 though for now, it just seems to be brighter and the screen is bigger.
    Part of the #Vbender Crew

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i went and bought the nes version of castlvania for gba and boktai one, and got zelda II for free with the ten dollar off coupon since it was 10 dollars brand new! and the display is freakin awesom, is a little small, but so clear, i can't even see the pixles liek the original GBA, man this kills that display!

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What faceplates does the famicom micro come with? Just one?
    Collector of 1,673 strategy guides, and BlazBlue ain't one of them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by neuropolitique
    Actually, the screen in the Micro is the best screen to ever be placed in a Game Boy. It has the same pixel count as the SP, but each pixel is smaller and closer together. This results in a better image. Colors look richer and graphics sharper. I can agree with the point that it's too small, but making it bigger would have pushed the price up even further. People were already bitching about the $100 price point.
    You´re wrong. Look at this topic in Arqueología Digital forums, very cool one with portables comparison...

http://www.arqueologiadigital.com.ar...opic.php?t=800

Look that the GBA SP Backlit and the GB Micro are very similar, there are only some little differences between the colors (GBA SP colors are most satured)...

Matías

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You´re wrong. Look at this topic in Arqueología Digital forums, very cool one with portables comparison...

Look that the GBA SP Backlit and the GB Micro are very similar, there are only some little differences between the colors (GBA SP colors are most satured)...

Matías
    Those photos are misleading. The Sp screen is angled directly at the camera, while the Micro's screen is angled up and away from the camera. Even a little tilt diminishes the brightness fo the screen. I'll take some photos tonight to illustrate my point.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll probably pick one of these up as well. It looks pretty cool. As far as I'm concerned the only true "anywhere" portable systems are the Micro and the N-Gage. I just coined that "anywhere" phrase btw. I play my N-Gage just about everyday and that's not because its my best portable but because I always have it with me. Being small goes a long way. I'll say that certain types of games are better than others on a small screen. The N-Gage has figured that out over time. I look forward to getting this Micro both for its size and style.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Matías
    Those photos are misleading. The Sp screen is angled directly at the camera, while the Micro's screen is angled up and away from the camera. Even a little tilt diminishes the brightness fo the screen. I'll take some photos tonight to illustrate my point.
    So...your pics???, i´m waiting...i don´t think that the pictures i´ve posted are wrong to decide. Also, i said that brightness in GBM is better than SP, but with a little difference...think about it...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

All you need is the ff4 micro to feel complete haha kidding to put anyone down , but i want one of those famicom ones , i still cant comprehend why nintendo didnt decide to make a nes style one.
    U GAIZ JUST DONT LIKE CHANGE , (builds a artificial foundation here)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Richter Belmount
    All you need is the ff4 micro to feel complete haha kidding to put anyone down , but i want one of those famicom ones , i still cant comprehend why nintendo didnt decide to make a nes style one.
    Maybe because they already mad an NES SP?

In any event I'll be getting one of these. I like the screen, and though it is a bit small, nothing is really hard to see, and of all the gameboys, excluding the original GBA, I like the way the micro feels the best.

For some reason I just can't seem to get a good enough grip on the SP that allows me to use all the buttons at once without my hand cramping.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Even the black and silver Micro's are limited? Wow...and I was waiting for the price to drop.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

heh heh whats stoping em? they made a a famicom sp in japan.
    U GAIZ JUST DONT LIKE CHANGE , (builds a artificial foundation here)

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just got one from my grandmother for Christmas, and I am impressed. I was hoping for a return to this kind of d-pad, as it makes it easier to play Street Fighter on the go. The SP and DS have decent d-pads, but I hate them for fighting games. I was really hoping that they would release the original GBA with a backlight, but this is it shrunk down.

Cheers, Nintendo, you've made this a very merry Christmas.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

http://photobucket.com/albums/c17/at...t=Picture7.jpg

There's a link to a pic of mine, it's not great quality because I took it using a webcam.