Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just Received this E-mail from a bidder, Unbelievable.

Great Puma (Level 12) Sylentwulf's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Just Received this E-mail from a bidder, Unbelievable.

To Whom It May Concern:
    I am the buyer for both of your Atari 2600 controllers, the auction of which closed this past evening (#s 1369054136 and
    1369054144). I have a current PayPal account, however, I am willing to use whatever method is easiest and most convenient for you. I, in turn, have a few expectations of my own that must be met. I wish the items to be sent with both delivery confirmation (or any other set up which requires my signature to receive it) and a tracking number, through whatever company you feel is the most trustworthy, be it USPS, UPS or FedEx. That tracking number must be e-mailed to this address within 1 day (24 hours) of shipping. The items are listed as tested and working, however, if I find that this is not the case when the items are received, by me, I will be returning them, the same way they were sent (i.e. delivery confirmation and a tracking number) and will expect a full refund, less shipping and handling, of course, which is my own responsibility. If, for some reason, I do not receive the merchandise, you will be responsible for tracking the package and dealing with the company you chose to use for shipping. If the package is delivered to someone other than myself or someone in my household, you will be responsible for dealing with the misdirection of the package and the company you chose to use for shipping. Along with this, I will expect a refund of my money (less shipping cost) or replacement of the merchandise. If you feel you are unable to meet these expectations, in any way, or have any questions or issues regarding this, please e-mail me back as soon as possible so that we can discuss you relisting the items.
    I'm sure my expectations seem rather harsh and straitlaced, however, I will not be one of the buyers listing negative feedback for you due to a mere technicality that could have been prevented if the buyer had been willing to pay a little more for a few extra precautions, nor will I accept any merchandise that is not in full working condition, or, as it is listed in the description of the auctioned items "Tested and works GREAT."

Thank you,
    ° § ° Name XXX'ed Out To Protect The Guilty° § °
    Rend, slaughter, devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory

DP Users get 8% off at www.ElectricQuarter.com using coupon code Digipress5

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

:-)
    Always looking for the obscure..www.nespit.com

Starman (Level 23) Phosphor Dot Fossils's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

In addition, you're expected to refund their money, and then some, if the phase of the moon is just wrong, or if they wake up on the wrong side of the bed.

Why don't they just come out and say "You should pay me to be your high bidder! I'm just too good."

ServBot (Level 11)
    Aboard a pirate ship, sailing towards adventure.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What's this jokers feedback rating?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow! That person has some pair of ballz, especially for a ZERO FEEDBACK, SUNGLASSES WEARIN' newbie bidder! :shock:

I think the time for negotiation was BEFORE the auction ended, not after. Personally, he has no right to expect you to agree to HIS terms, after all it's your auction. Plus, we're talking a total value of like $7???? WTF?? It's just a JOYSTICK!!!

This guy won't last very long on EBAY if he thinks this is the way it's supposed to work. I think I'll add him to my blocked bidders list just in case! :lol:

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Whats wrong with what that person said??? Seems to me what was outlined in the letter is what every transaction should be...

Edit: The only thing that was slightly unreasonable was the tracking number within 24 hours.

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Sniderman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kethdredd
    Whats wrong with what that person said??? Seems to me what was outlined in the letter is what every transaction should be....
    Not to flame ya there, Keth...but please tell me you're joking. If that's what every good seller should do, then I suggest the following letter to the buyer:

Dear WHATEVER,

I received your letter and understand your terms. However, before we begin this transaction, I have a few terms of my own. Firstly, send me your name, address and all phone numbers you can be reached at. I intend to call you and confirm that you are who you say you are. I would also appreciate the names, addresses, and contact information of three references who can vouch for your character. To many newbie bidders have backed out of previous transactions, so I would like to feel comfortable that I have confirmed your identity and intent to finish this transaction.

Nextly, I would like to confirm that you have the funds needed to purchase this item. Please send me your checking account routing number and bank contact info so I can see for myself that you have the necessary funds needed to purchase this. In leau of a checking account number, a savings account will do (as long as you also supply two major credit cards as proof of financial stability).

Finally, I require you to sign this contract (PDF enclosed) that states that you will not back out of this deal, nor will you suffer from a bout of "buyer's remorse," etc. Also, if you are unable to complete this transaction, your parents (or whomever you have co-signing the contract, see parargraph 6, subsection 4B) will be responsible for the debt you have incurred.

Please send me the information *I* need, and I'll get right on the info *you* seem to require.

Signed,
    WHATEVER
    Still Around...Still Gamin'...

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I LIKE that, Sniderman!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's not totally unreasonable as long as the buyer emailed the seller these terms before the auction was over, AND the terms did not violate anything stated in the auction.

For example, many sellers pre package all of their items and send them via 1st class mail. If it is stated that all packages are sent 1st class, then it is the buyer's responsibility to abide by the terms of the auction. IF the buyer emails with these terms before bidding, then the situation is avoided. If the buyer emails with these terms after bidding, but before the auction is over, he should include a clause stating that if these terms are not acceptable, the seller is free to cancel his bid. Otherwise, it is the sellers discretion as to what is acceptable for sale and shipping.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow.

I'd reply with:

Dear Buyer:

A purchase on eBay is legally binding, including the terms set forth in the auction listing. Once you purchased my items, you agreed to abide by MY RULES. If you have a problem with these terms, you should not have bid. Now gimme my freakin' money.

With Love,
    Seller

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't think the buyer is being very unreasonable except for two points: 1) demanding it at close (how about ask nicely before bidding?) and 2) forcing the seller to pay for confirmation/tracking. But I can even forgive 2 in light of how many sellers are trying to rape buyers on postage (for instance, $17 postage for Samba De maracas -- say what?).

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

whoops
    never mind what had been siad there I mis read it.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re.

This buyer to me is a total joke and just as new to life as he/she is to ebay. This person if so worried about the chances they take purchasing things on ebay, should be going to the nearest whine and dime to get whatever they desire. I think feedback for the most part is what helps you make the decision of, "Is this person trustworthy of sending my item as described without stealing my money", period. If you don't feel comfortable, don't bid, plain and simple.

As far as the delivery confirmation goes, buyer might offer to kindly pay for that security. As far as demands for 24 hour, and return if broken or refund if misdirected, get some air in those lungs and start breathing!
    ~Matt

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I dunno, every ebay transaction Ive made, they have given me a tracking number. I also would expect if the item was broken I could return it.

Whats the part that's unreasonable? The signature requirement? Just curious.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kethdredd

I dunno, every ebay transaction Ive made, they have given me a tracking number. I also would expect if the item was broken I could return it.

Whats the part that's unreasonable? The signature requirement? Just curious.
    It's not unreasonable for a person to assume that their transaction will go smoothly. What is unreasonable is for a bidder to send an email that looks like it was drafted by a lawyer making demands on the seller, especially AFTER the end of the auction. It is up to the bidder to determine if, based on feedback and other means, he wants to do business with the seller. The phrase "ask all questions BEFORE you bid" is in each of my auctions for that reason. If you believe the seller is trustworthy based on what you determine before you bid, barring unexpected events outside of anyones control, the deal should work out fine. But don't assume that you are going to get screwed in advance and need to take EXTREME measures to protect yourself. Again, we are talking about a $7 item here.

Great Puma (Level 12) Sylentwulf's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I had no problem e-mailing them the delivery confirmation number, or insurance. The biggest thing that bugged me was that he expected me to be responsible if the post office loses it.

All in all, if he had simply asked for delivery confirmation and insurance, it would have been fine, I argued with him for awhile, and then told him off since he was being so stubborn.

And yes, he should have asked BEFORE the auction was over.
    Rend, slaughter, devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory

DP Users get 8% off at www.ElectricQuarter.com using coupon code Digipress5

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Actually I think that it's pretty funny but hey, what's good for the goose is good for the gander. i've seen plenty of auction listings which read like they were written up by a lawyer with rediculous demands. And to be honest, I don't see anything that he's demanding as being unreasonable. I guess in this care the buyer strikes back.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Griking
    I don't see anything that he's demanding as being unreasonable.
    Um, I don't think the buyer should be DEMANDING anything at this point.

This situation is certainly offensive to me as a seller, and I would not put up with this at all. For all those who feel sympathy toward the buyer and think that what he wants and how he went about doing it is perfectly normal, please wake up and smell the coffee. :morning:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For starters I think that everyone should understand that I am a seller myself, so i'm not looking at this one sided from only the buyers point of view.

Again, I really don't believe that the buyer is demanding anything that unreasonable. He want's to be guaranteed that he's going to receive what he's paying for. If I purchased something from a online store such as Walmart.com and I never received my order Walmart would make things right. Especially if there were tracking info proving that it was never received.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Haha...

Tell the guy that you will not be using an outside shipping agency, and you will be shipping it to him in person, and you will require the transportation expense to do so!