Thread: Supsected lying bidder - How to treat?

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Supsected lying bidder - How to treat?

(searched the group- found nothing similar to this situation)

BUYER - Wins auction on Thanksgiving

ME - Wait one week.

BUYER - My paypal account was hijacked by thief.

ME - Sorry to hear but will accept Check as payment instead. Please send immediately. My address is .......

BUYER - No response.

ME - Wait 1/2 week.

ME - File dispute, asking for either Check as payment -or- Proof of Paypal hijacking.

BUYER - No response to emails.

ME - Wait 1 week.

BUYER ON DAY 7/HOUR 23 (last minute) OF DISPUTE - I decided not to buy this. Will pay $3.00 in listing fees.

BUYER ON DAY 9 OF DISPUTE - I mailed the cash.

ME - 3 days & no money yet. I'm angry & don't feel like waiting any more. It's been a whole month! The buyer should be sending a check for the FULL $40.00 he owes me not a lousy $3. Think this guy has been lying from day one (where's the proof I asked for???) & deliberately wasting my time & deserves a non-payer strike. Agree? Disagree?

thanks!

(•¿•) - "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that.
    Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Manners are a sensitive awareness of the feelings of others. If you have that awareness, you have good manners, no matter what fork you use." - Emily Post ----- Component Video looks just as good as RGB, is a heck of a lot easier to set up, and also a lot cheaper!

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Damn man. What's with you and these problems with buyers and sellers every week? Talk about bad luck.

And yes, he deserves the strike. Go for it.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Bored kids playing? That was the problem with my other buyer: "I will have my best friend's dad pay you soon." Uh Huh. I waited but got no payment & this kid likely got a spanking. "No soup for you!" STRIKE ONE & a negative & coal in your stocking.

So even with paying my $3.00 fees the guy still deserves a negative. He should be paying the full $40.00.

"Manners are a sensitive awareness of the feelings of others. If you have that awareness, you have good manners, no matter what fork you use." - Emily Post ----- Component Video looks just as good as RGB, is a heck of a lot easier to set up, and also a lot cheaper!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sounds prett obvious to me.. pull the trigger.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am sick of these fucking idiots not paying. I had a person last night actually run someone up to $86 on one of my auctions within the last 30 mins. Then he emails me with like 25mins left and says "yo bro, sorry but I found one cheaper so I just wanted to let you know so I dont get stuck with yours" Seriously, can you believe these assholes? Luckily someone outbid him right away, because i didnt want to deal with this bastard for one more sec.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Another dummy
    FINAL FANTASY ANTHOLOGY PLAYSTATION PS2 "Final Fantasy Anthology includes two of SquareSoft's popular RPG series, Final Fantasy V, and Final Fantasy VI, originally released as Final Fantasy III."
    'hi! I was curious if this included all these final fantasies?'
    No. I lied. I am a compulsive liar & the auction listing is wrong. In truth I sell you nothing but blank cds.

thank you & merry christmas!

just kidding.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow you gave this guy way to many chances already. negative feedback and non-paying complaint should be issued.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sothy always has a good idea of what to do with these types of people.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Got some advice for you

Every time someone doesn't pay you in 7 days- FILE A NON PAYING BIDDER DISPUTE

They respond to it with a bunch of crap? END THE DISPUTE AND GIVE THEM A NON PAYING STRIKE

Don't respond after 8 days? END THE DISPUTE AND GIVE THEM A NON PAYING STRIKE

They send you the money a month after the auction date? SEND THE PAYMENT BACK, and by now you should have ENDED THE DISPUTE AND GIVE THEM A NON PAYING STRIKE

There are a lot of people on Ebay that have no intention of paying for things they bid on, and tons of them will bid on 6 of the same item and pay for the cheapest one, do advanced search to see what they are bidding on, and if you see they won 5 of the same item - FILE A NON PAYING BIDDER DISPUTE

PEOPLE SUCK!!! THAT'S THE WORLD, AMERICA, THE GOVERNMENT, and it SURE ISN'T DIFFERENT ON EBAY!!! Don't worry about being nice to people who screw you around about paying, it's not rocket science And Don't worry about getting stupid negatives, they are useless anyway.

Now repeat after me---
    NON PAYING BIDDER STRIKE!!!!!!!!

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shapeshifter421
    They send you the money a month after the auction date? SEND THE PAYMENT BACK, and by now you should have ENDED THE DISPUTE AND GIVE THEM A NON PAYING STRIKE
    Can't i just keep the check? (inconvenience charge)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    zebrassss

I don't understand why you can't close the dispute anyways? He's not going to pay, so still go through with the non-paying buyer strike?

What's so hard about this?

If the check comes, write return to sender, or keep it if you want, and relist it....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskers the Wonder Cat
    Damn man. What's with you and these problems with buyers and sellers every week? Talk about bad luck.

And yes, he deserves the strike. Go for it.
    Based on the nickname, I'd say "Bid Read Errors"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have never heard of or could have ever imagined a single person having as many problems with ebay/paypal as you do. It really is quite amazing.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johno590
    I don't understand why you can't close the dispute anyways? He's not going to pay, so still go through with the non-paying buyer strike?
    Yeah it's obvious now- but 1 week ago I thought he was honest ("my paypal was hijacked") and giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Got 2 more non-payers this week.

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Sniderman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kevin_psx

Got 2 more non-payers this week.

You need to stop using ebay and Paypal right now. Today. Close all of your accounts and pull all of your auctions. Cancel Paypal and write a stern letter to both eBay and Paypal informing them of your many travails with the ways things are run and the people you've encountered. No one should have to go through the DAILY irritation with these two subpar services as you have. You've suffered too much as it is.

Planning to stick with them though? Then get a helmet; deal with the idiots as they occur, and stop posting an hourly "I got screwed again" update. Sorry, but it sounds to me like you must ENJOY the problems you encounter because it gives you something to bitch about.

A challenge: I defy you to go 2 weeks without posting a single new "I got screwed" post or update to an existing thread. Just to see if you have something to contribute other than an update to your continuing saga of woe.
    Still Around...Still Gamin'...

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No one should have to go through the DAILY irritation with these two subpar services as you have.
    It's one month out of the year-Christmas. Rest of the time I don't deal with Ebay. I can handle thea stress for one month.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniderman
    A challenge: I defy you to go 2 weeks without posting a single new "I got screwed" post or update to an existing thread.
    Easy. January 4. Until then abstinence -no posts about myself & Ebay. - BUT reserve the right to comment on other people's postings -like "nice game you got there" or "how much for shipping?".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

"Someone hijacked my paypal and/or ebay account" are the code words for "I think I bid too high on your auction, and I don't want to pay".

Those individuals really annoy me because I've certainly overbid on auctions by getting caught up in the moment. However, I've always paid the amount anyway.
    Wanted and willing to fairly pay for:
    Final Fantasy III Hat/Cap (Official Squaresoft)
    Philips CDI 740
    NTSC Proto of Daze Before Christmas (SNES)

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cut his stinkin head off.

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Sniderman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kevin_psx
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniderman
    I defy you to go 2 weeks without posting a single new "I got screwed" post or update to an existing thread.
    Easy. January 4. Until then abstinence -no posts about myself & Ebay. -
    Alrighty-then.
    BUT reserve the right to comment on other people's postings -like "nice game you got there" or "how much for shipping?".
    Once again, fine.

But please, when you do come back guns a-blazin' on January 4th, don't give us a list of all of the shit you went through for the last 2 weeks. I wasn't challenging you to produce a friggin laundry list of crap. Just go two weeks without bitchin' is all I wanted to see.
    Still Around...Still Gamin'...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How about posting a link to his auction? Has he won any other auctions since yours. If so send an email to the seller and explain the situation. Ask if he paid for his win and if he did what method did he use. If you're polite I'm sure you'd get a response.