Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This is absurd (PS1 games)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Saiyuki was reprinted? The GameStop I work at is selling it for $30. What the deuce, man?

The one game I'd like them to reprint (although it is not on PS1), is Marvel Vs. Capcom 2, especially on PS2. People keep telling me it's down to $19.99 at Gamestops, but every time I go to get it, they seem to have jacked up the price to $10 more than I had seen it previously. It's up to $49.99 used now!
    Looking for:
    Chūka Taisen (Cloud Master) manuals
    Monon Color + games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

sounds like a bunch of people complaining that their games lost in value.

some people still need to understand that this is not a stock market.
    becaus of this the neo geo market bloated up! and now its crumbling into pieces.
    Guns don't kill people,
    Chuck Norris kills people!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B
    Quote Originally Posted by Zing
    I'm sure this has been rehashed many times, but I highly doubt there will be a reprint of either Suikoden II or Valkyrie Profile. People who swear this is happening either: desperately want a copy of these games or; are jealous of people who do have these games and out of sheer spite would love to see the market value plummet.
    Exactly what I was going to say. It's a completely bullcrap rumor. There has been absolutely nothing to indicate a reprint of them happening (and didn't we all come to the conclusion months ago that the Rhapsody and Persona 2 copies had to be refurbished or old unsold stock, not reprints?)

You chances are better to get US releases of the Suikoden I & II and Valkyrie Profile ports on PSP, but since there's no word on those yet, I wouldn't hold your breath.
    I concur.. and besides.. I don't give a rat's *ss what anybody says. I paid $100 for my copy of Suikoden II a couple of months ago.. and I thought I paid a "fair" price for it. All the reason MORE for me NOT to let it go for a lousy $25. I'm holding onto it no matter if it's worth 50 cents eventually. I buy my games for ME; not for resale. I'm still happy I have SII and I will continue to be happy I have it.. even if the value plummets. Telling people who paid hundreds of dollars for a HTF game to sell for next to nothing BEFORE a "supposed" market glut comes.. and following that advice.. is just plain stupid.
    "Kooch56.. you is a MEAN man!"
    My DP feedback
    "Take us to the THRESHOLD!"

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

I hope they rerelease Suikoden II either for PSOne or PSP only because it's one of the last 5 PSX games I have to find. Which is fairly selfish but I'd rather not have to pay $100 if I don't have to.

I doubt there's anything to the release rumour though. As much as I wish there were. Oh well.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Griking
    There seems to be a trend lately of reprinting older out of print games. I really doubt that it's a coincidence that they just happened to find old stock of ; Persona, Rhapsody, Journey West, Rez, Cubivore, and Gitaroo Man. What makes Suikoden II and Valkyrie Profile so different?
    Well, like I said, one thing that makes them different is that both Suikoden II and Valkyrie Profile are being ported to PSP, so if Konami or Square-Enix have ANY intention on bringing those ports stateside, they wouldn't do a PlayStation rerelease that would hamper sales of the port.

And speaking of the companies, none of those games you listed are from Konami or Square-Enix. Every company has their own methods of business. Like with Atlus, they always do conversative print runs, so it's normal for them to release more when the supplies have run limited.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sonic R 0
    PSN
    SONICr

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B
    Quote Originally Posted by Griking
    There seems to be a trend lately of reprinting older out of print games. I really doubt that it's a coincidence that they just happened to find old stock of ; Persona, Rhapsody, Journey West, Rez, Cubivore, and Gitaroo Man. What makes Suikoden II and Valkyrie Profile so different?
    Well, like I said, one thing that makes them different is that both Suikoden II and Valkyrie Profile are being ported to PSP, so if Konami or Square-Enix have ANY intention on bringing those ports stateside, they wouldn't do a PlayStation rerelease that would hamper sales of the port.

And speaking of the companies, none of those games you listed are from Konami or Square-Enix. Every company has their own methods of business. Like with Atlus, they always do conversative print runs, so it's normal for them to release more when the supplies have run limited.
    Square is known to do reprints. 2 years ago they went along and did reprints of all their big name RPG's such as FF Tactics, Anthology, Chronicles, VII, VIII, IX as well as Xenogears, Vargrant Story(single jewel case). The main difference is that they were greatest hits(green border) and had the Square/Enix logo.

Also of note Square also re-released Tactics after the original game had reached triple digits on the online auction sites. Though this was also a greatest hits as well (this was at the time before the Square/Enix merger).

I don't know of Konami doing any re-releases though as it was stated that if the Suikoden colltection (PSP) is released state side it is very doubtful that they would re-release Suikoden II. I beleive this would hold true with Valkyrie Profile as well. The PSP VP is to have added content and what not. It appears that Sony is really pushing developers to release desirable apps for the PSP. Hell, they got me sold, especially if Gradius collection comes state side...II and Gaiden in the US for the first time.....unbeleivable....

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TurboGenesis
    The PSP VP is to have added content and what not.
    Just widescreen support and a little bit of FMV, nothing to get too excited over. :P And maybe a scene that will link it to the upcoming prequel.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thats why saiyuki was suddenly available...i had never seen it before and saw it at gamestop for $20. no biggie, i just wondered why it looked BRAND NEW. now i know!