Thread: XboX 360 dilemma...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default XboX 360 dilemma...

Hey guys.

Odd question, buddy has a Core system for sale, with a HD, both sealed, new.

He'll sell it to me for total $550 CDN, sticker price.
    Other then:

- the non wireless controller(buy later)
    - absence of HD cables(buy later)
    - the headset(comes with 12 month kit anyway)
    - and remote(not interested)

Does the console itself have any hardware/software diffrence at all?
    I don't know when the next shipment is, and I'm getting it at sticker price, but unless the premium has some hardware superior part or somthing, I fiqure I should snag it, its only 50$ for the HD cables, and even when I buy that, its only 600$ total, meaning I paid 30$ more, far better then what ebay is at currently..

So, opinions? Buy, or wait? Am I being smart waiting, or wasting time, I know they are having problems, but I'll take the risk, why not?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

Nah the only physical difference the chrome disc tray. All in all that's not a bad deal considering that's more then he would've paid after tax.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    damionitc

Yeah that dosen't sound to bad. I'd jump on it and send him a thank you card.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

Quote Originally Posted by Damion
    Yeah that dosen't sound to bad. I'd jump on it and send him a thank you card.
    And maybe a bottle of scotch. You can never go wrong thanking a Canadian with booze. Well then again you're in BC so maybe a "greener" gift would be in order. i love stereotypes.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Go for it. The anti-Core system hype is nothing but trollism, and your analysis is spot on. What matters is the system itself, and you'd be getting just as good of one as anyone else.

Additionally (and before I say anything else, I should add this this is merely speculation, if the core system stops being made, you could be looking at a collector's item - it's currently the ONLY means of getting a white faceplate that matches the rest of the system, and that also allows it to match the non-chromificated disc drive (which might also become scarce). I will probably end up being wrong about this, but you never know.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Do they have Costco's where you live? If so, I would hold out, and visit Costco frequently. The Costco bundle is just such a good value it's ridiculous.

But if you really need it now, it's not a bad deal. Also, do yourself a favor and find the High Def cable from Joytech. First off, it's $19.99, and it includes a S-Video plug too, so you can use it with a regular S-Video TV, as well as a HDTV with components. The other really cool thing is that they include a free optical cable. And the optical cable has pretty good lenght too. It's not one of those super short ones. Definitely the best deal out there for a 3rd party HDTV cable for the 360.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony1
    Do they have Costco's where you live? If so, I would hold out, and visit Costco frequently. The Costco bundle is just such a good value it's ridiculous.

But if you really need it now, it's not a bad deal. Also, do yourself a favor and find the High Def cable from Joytech. First off, it's $19.99, and it includes a S-Video plug too, so you can use it with a regular S-Video TV, as well as a HDTV with components. The other really cool thing is that they include a free optical cable. And the optical cable has pretty good lenght too. It's not one of those super short ones. Definitely the best deal out there for a 3rd party HDTV cable for the 360.
    Nah Costco is sold out till after xmas, however, wal-mart here is getting some at 11am tomorrow, couple freinds out to just buy a white box soon as they see it, I told them go for blood!

If that fails, core system it is, I like the non chrome disc face as well, the chrome kinda looks out of place.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd actually prefer a core system.
    The chrome disctray on the premium system looks tacky and is bound to get scuffed, I prefer wired pads to wireless ones, and the HD cable is irrelevant for me since I'd be going VGA anyway.
    The only thing that sucks is the lack of HDD, but if you're getting that in the deal it's a moot point.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

One of the guys working at my place wants hockey equipment, the more expensive kind

Sold me his:

XboX 360 Premium
    2 wireless controllers
    2 games

for 700 CDN.. new with taxes would of been 780.

Great deal, error free, and receipts for the games, controller, and system as well, so if there is a problem..

Cool stuff!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Young_Machete

My store got maybe 10 in the other day. The store manager just walked up, told us they needed to be sold and announced that there were 4 XBOX 360 units avilable.

Needless to say there was a line withing seconds, two were grabbed by people that were working with me, one by a customer, another was stupidly left by this one lady that works at my store. When the manager mentioned that the 4th one was still sitting there, I ended up grabbing it and buying it for someone I knew who was looking for one.

Well the lady came back, she was pissed muttering something about her break and how the one guy screwed her by buying the one she was trying have us hold for her.
    After explaining her stupidity to her, she still continued to go on, thus activating my instant mute ability I've picked up from my time working in retail.

I really don't understand how fucking stupid she was, the manager even said if we had the money to buy it on the spot and she still walked away for her break expecting it to be there when she came back.

The other 6 popped up about a half hour later and they dissapeard as quietly as they appeard.

Breaking Bad 3x02 - Caballo Sin Nombre