Man, last week GameCrazy started taking PS3 preorders, but I knew nothing about it. I heard today from a friend and immediately went to my nearest GameCrazy and plunked $50 down. I'm the 10th person on the waiting list. At that particular GameCrazy, I figure I have a 50/50 chance of getting one the day of launch.

So I immediately drove to the next closest GameCrazy, and they already had 19 people signed up. Now this particular GameCrazy got a whopping 3 XBOX 360 systems for launch. So I figured that if I put $50 down there, my chances are about 10 percent or less, that I would actually get a launch PS3 there. So I passed.

Man, where was the "heads up" post from the GameCrazy employees on this site? I should have been the first guy on the list at both GameCrazies. Being the 10th guy at one GameCrazy is making me nervous. I don't think there is any chance of us not seeing another shortage situation like what happened with the PS2 during it's launch and the 360 this year. I don't see Nintendo or Sony passing up on all the free press they can get with Gamers camping overnight and the news reports of it being sold out everywhere and going for super high prices on Ebay.

The same thing is going to happen with the PS3 and Revolution, guaranteed. So if you want to avoid the whole camping situation, better get those babies preordered as soon as possible.