View Poll Results: Have you sold or traded a game you DON'T have a double of?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, all the time I play it then sell/trade it for a new game

31 37.35%
  • If the game is REALLY bad, once every few months

33 39.76%
  • NEVER! If I don't have a double of it, you'll have to pry it from my dead cold hands!

19 22.89%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Have you sold or traded a game you DON'T have a double of?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Back when I was stupid, I did.
    Now, even if I have a double of something, I don't even like trading or selling it. I guess its just OCD at its best.

Classic Gaming Raccoon RockyRaccoon's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Occasionally...it depends what I'm getting for it.

If I'm getting something I REALLY WANT in a trade, yes, I might very well trade right from my collection (Like when I traded my Ody2 Demon attack for a Sega 32x I wanted More. and I do NOT Regret it.)

HOWEVER, thats the only time I'll trade non-doubles. Usually when I trade, I perfer to have more than one of the item off hand.

Unless indeed...the game is *bad* and I can get something BETTER for it.

~Rocky

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RockyRaccoon
    If I'm getting something I REALLY WANT in a trade, yes, I might very well trade right from my collection (Like when I traded my Ody2 Demon attack for a Sega 32x I wanted More. and I do NOT Regret it.)
    Funny, I thought the same thing about that trade since the 32X I traded you was also not a duplicate. (However, I had already decided I was no longer interested in the 32X so I guess that's not quite the same.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i sell/trade modern games that i don't like as much when i first bought the game.

but as to classic games like Atari NEVER!!! :P

Rick

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've only gotten rid of some. Diddy Kong Racing because I just got tired of it and I didn't like it anymore. The second was Lego Racers for the Nintendo 64 because I had the 2nd for the computer and it was way better so I got rid of it. There were a few Game Boy games I got rid of because they came with the Game Boy and they weren't games I was interested in so they're gone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Have I sold a game I only had one of?

I'll have to admit that I have done this numerous times in the past, mainly due to the productions of multi-carts, and not wanting to collect everything for all the systems I have. (Note: I don't really have anything of rarity anymore, besides the O2 stuff I will not part with, so no PMs please)

Here's some of the things I've had, but no longer....

Atari 2600:

Halloween - Wizard Video. This rarity 7 game I sold for a measly $20 back at the World of Atari show in Vegas (1999 if I remember correctly). I had bought the cart originally for $1 years ago, and was just looking to get rid of it, as I didn't like it (the only cool thing about it was that crazy intro music). I don't regret selling it, as it was to a guy that was supposedly collecting anything to do with horror games based on movies. (I sometimes wonder if the guy sold it on ebay). Years later, I found out how rare the game was, and regret that I didn't ask a bit more for it! (This was pre-DP Guide time, at least for me).
    Miner 2049'er Vol. II - Tigervision. Now this I sold for a rather low price too, but I did it because I wanted to help a guy with his collection. I wasn't very good at the game, so I just sold it off. I can be a rather nice guy when it comes to practically giving away rare games. I know at the time, the guy was very suspicious of me selling it for a low price, but in the end, he was a happy camper (err... video collector).
    There are other less rare one I've sold too, but the list would get a bit long. I don't regret getting rid of them (so-to-speak), as long as I helped someone out. If I ever knew they went on ebay, I think I'd go crazy - which is why I'll never look or ask.

Atari 5200:
    Gosh, almost all the games for this system, with the exception of the ones I really like. I had almost all of them that I bought from a lady who had put an add in a local paper in the late 80's. I sold most of these through my website to whomever wanted them (I still have Soccer, which never sold). Only a few went on ebay, with Pitfall II going for the highest amount (which wasn't too high, but better than the other ones).

Vectrex:
    Now here is the big one. I have sold more of this system and games than anything else I've had. I have traded and sold two consoles and the 3-d glasses to the big DP guy down in Chicago. I sold most of the cartridges off of my website (I had almost all of them at one time), and I gave the rest to Sean again, so he could use them for multi-carts (this was before he got someone to make the plastic cases). All I have kept is two working units, and the circuit board for my favorite game, Space Wars (the case went to Sean). And, of course, I have three multi-carts - an original, and two that Sean made - one with switches, and the new menu select one.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I seek strength, not to be greater than by brother, but to fight my greatest enemy - myself!"
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Ozyr's Odyssey2 Archive!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I voted yes, but only because I have traded games for systems that I do not collect. I collect primarily NES, and will pick up occasional games for systems that I still play once in a while, but whenever I buy a large lot that includes games from systems that I never play, those will go in the trading bin. Since most of these are not duplicates, I voted yes, even though I've never sold/traded any of my games/items from my NES collection - but I may sooner or later anyways.

-Speedy
    I'm always looking for new boxed NES accessories. If you've got any for sale, shoot me a PM!

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Recently, I traded my copy of Armada for the Dreamcast to a collector in Great Britain so I could get a copy of Taito Legends 2 for Xbox since it didn't come out in the States.

I hope I'll be able to replace Armada soon.
    Currently catching up on PSN, WiiWare, Wii U E-Shop and Xbox Live Arcade exclusives I missed.

The Gentleman Thief Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PSN
    BalooDP
    Steam
    baloorj

I collect, but if I don't have the system, or it's a game I don't particularly like, I'll just get rid of it. If it doesn't really get any play time and I don't really want it, it goes into the trade bin.

Reticulating Splines BetaWolf47's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, I try my best not to buy anything I don't want, so I don't really sell anything. The only problem with this is that I've got virtually no trade bait, and would probably have to part with something vital if someone wanted to trade for something I wanted more. Other times I'll pick up something impulsively, and then decide I don't want it.

I can't see myself parting with anything I own right now unless someone offers me something I really want, like a Sega Master System or a set of Mega Man games.
    Selling gaming accessories. Click

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I've only sold four games in my entire life, Ms. Pac-Man for the Lynx, Maken X and Space Channel 5 for the Dreamcast, and Myriad 6-in-1 for the NES. I have since bought replacement copies of those games, other than the Myriad. I never liked the NES, I don't collect for it, so I didn't feel any need to keep it in my collection. I sold it on eBay (the only thing I've ever bought or sold on eBay) for a tidy sum to our own Jumpman Jr.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    namzep
    Steam
    namzep

I tend to go through phases where I sell off large amounts of the games that have built up that I know I'll never get to or have no interest in (I tend to impulse buy alot of games if they're cheap enough). I also sometimes will sell off stuff if I'm looking at making a large purchase (like when I picked up my two arcade machines and a new bike recently).

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

If I don't like a game I'll most likely sell it off, I don't have a lot of room and I'd rather have more space for games I like.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I have sold at least 4,000 games online .... sometimes is pretty tough to keep up with the new releases and i have to sell rare or sought after games on my collection to keep up ...

I don't care if i don't have a spare, if i have not used that game in a year or more, there's no reason to be greedy :P
    Las calles no son basurero, POR FAVOR TIREN LA BASURA EN SU LUGAR !!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    PentiumMMX

Usually I get rid of some games during my "new year's cleaning" of my collection. Every year in January, I go through my collection and get rid of the "dead weight" (Games I don't care to finish or have multiple versions of, systems I never play with, controllers I don't like or don't need, etc.) to shrink it down to just the stuff I like too much to get rid of. Usually, everything I sell off is something I can easily repurchase without any effort in finding it (Any of the Guitar Hero games, for example).

Sometimes, I simply get rid of a title because I need the money to make a big purchase (Like when I sold off Super Mario Galaxy to pay for Pokémon Platinum, or selling my entire Xbox collection to make enough money to buy a replacement PS2).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Sonicwolf359

I voted never but I have once or twice in the past in order to get a game I wanted more.
    DERP