Thread: Call of Duty 2 (PC... or 360)

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Call of Duty 2 (PC... or 360)

I just got this for PC for x-mas, and I must say it is a very intense, awesome game. I like the fact that there really isnt a 'life guage' and its always straight to the action. I was wondering how any of you thought about it, and if anyone would like to play a few games online? I'm getting pretty good at some CTF.
    Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Number 1 in the 'hood g!

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is one I've been debating picking up. I really want to get it, but I'm not sure whether I should get it for PC or 360. My gut is telling me PC, but Live! multiplayer is very appealing. For some reason, I just don't like playing FPS online on my PC. Offline, they're waaaaay better than their console counterparts. Can't tell you why though.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

Live Multiplayer has issues. There is noticable lag and it's impossible to find your friends on live.

That being said i still love the 360 version and i love that i don't need to dump $1000 on new parts to play it in all it's glory.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by unwinddesign
    This is one I've been debating picking up. I really want to get it, but I'm not sure whether I should get it for PC or 360. My gut is telling me PC, but Live! multiplayer is very appealing. For some reason, I just don't like playing FPS online on my PC. Offline, they're waaaaay better than their console counterparts. Can't tell you why though.
    Definitely get the PC version if you're looking forward to the Live! on 360. Its pretty sub-par. Really the online is the only blemish this game has, which is shocking, because Live should be the strong point. Still, an excellent title, and I can hardly put it down. I'm almost finished on Veteran, for my 2nd play-through, and I NEVER play through games a second time. It gets pretty tough storming up Hill 400, or entering a heavily occupied building, when one or two shots finishes you instantly. The adrenaline flows freely during moments like that!

The only frustration I have with the higher difficulty settings is that enemies tend to shoot at you more than your comrades. I may enter an area with three or four guys ahead of me, and then I step one foot in and get blown away by a butt-load of enemies. Really, wouldn't the previous guys have gotten equally obliterated? Kinda sucks too when you're surrounded by friendlies, and one German sneaks in from behind and blasts you, and only you, then runs away.
    -Dobie
    NES, SNES, & Gameboy Collector

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That's definately a shame. Ah well. Is there co-op on the 360? I'm still tempted to get it, since I've heard so many nice things about the sound effects...and my speaker set is nicer where my 360 is stationed. Choices, choices...

I've been hearing so many good things about it that it's high time I picked it up. Never really expected to, but with all the accolades its receiving, hell, why not?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

No Co-Op only Team Deathmatch, CTF and the like.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Pff I only dumped 500 on my computer and I can play this beautiful game at 80fps. Get it for the comp if you hardcore

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a good pc so natrually i'm playing that one. The multiplayer is very fun and the single player is the most intense I have ever played.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I purchased the pc dvd version and loved it but I was also compelled to pick up the 360 version for the comfort of playing in my living room. It is weird even though I had the pc version I was heavily lured to pick up the 360 It was like I was hearing voices.

If you got to have both I say pick up the 360 first maybe that will kill the fiend for the game you might have and save you some money.
    neo geo system

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gepeto
    I purchased the pc dvd version and loved it but I was also compelled to pick up the 360 version for the comfort of playing in my living room. It is weird even though I had the pc version I was heavily lured to pick up the 360 It was like I was hearing voices.

If you got to have both I say pick up the 360 first maybe that will kill the fiend for the game you might have and save you some money.
    Me too.

and i don't even have an Xbox 360